McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on March 04, 2009, 03:43:34 PM
It's funny reading pro-CB posters at this stage, I'd say yer not sure what yer arguing any more, ye started off arguing that the players were going against the age old democratic process that has served the GAA so well and that the grassroots were being ignored. Then when that process was shown to be, at least, very flawed ye tried to tell us that it was the way of the world so it was no biggie, now that the grassroots are coming out in favour of the players yer arguing what exactly? That Gerald isn't a problem and therefore shouldn't be got rid of? That there are clubs who will support the CB or that if only 55% of clubs support the players that it isn't worth all this?

I'm not sure ye have a point any more, maybe one or two of ye could tell us what point yer trying to make.

Who's the pro-CB posters Zulu? I must have missed their posts.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on March 04, 2009, 03:43:34 PM
It's funny reading pro-CB posters at this stage, I'd say yer not sure what yer arguing any more, ye started off arguing that the players were going against the age old democratic process that has served the GAA so well and that the grassroots were being ignored. Then when that process was shown to be, at least, very flawed ye tried to tell us that it was the way of the world so it was no biggie, now that the grassroots are coming out in favour of the players yer arguing what exactly? That Gerald isn't a problem and therefore shouldn't be got rid of? That there are clubs who will support the CB or that if only 55% of clubs support the players that it isn't worth all this?

I'm not sure ye have a point any more, maybe one or two of ye could tell us what point yer trying to make.
[/b]

Sure everything's alright now then isn't it ?

The 2008 panel will be back shortly under their "preferred" manager and everybody in Cork will be so indebted to the 2008 panel for the "fantastic" job they've done in the county and how they have enhanced not only their own reputations but the reputation of the Cork GAA in general.

They'll no doubt get the freedom of the city for "saving Cork hurling" that was dying on its feet. Great lads altogether.

Sure it was all about the good of Cork hurling wasn't it ? Isn't that right ?

Reillers

And yet neither of ye have answered his question.

Dowling did what he does best and changed his tone completly and OM as per usual when a question is put to him that he can't answer started rambling on about nothing.

Anything but answering the question.

dowling

Changed my tone Reillers? From what to what?

And what question was asked of me?

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 04, 2009, 05:21:08 PM

Dowling did what he does best and changed his tone completly and OM as per usual when a question is put to him that he can't answer started rambling on about nothing.

:D  You're good Reillers - you're very good in fact.  ;D

All for the good of Cork hurling Reillers wasn't it ??? It wasn't fair what they did to legend Billy but it's ok what the 2008 panel are going to do with legend Gerald ??

When you survey the wreckage later on in the year and see the clubs that have been split down the middle, the relationships that have been soured and the general damage that these lads have delivered, you may look back and think what was it all about ?

So that a few lads could get to play hurling ? It isn't worth it and it won't be worth it.

But I don't expect you to see that or indeed understand any of it.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on March 04, 2009, 05:25:23 PM

Zulu asked ye pro CB posters a question and ye both have ignored it.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 04, 2009, 05:32:54 PM

That's a good lad Reillers - can Zulu not ask his own questions ?  ;)

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 04, 2009, 05:30:22 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 04, 2009, 05:21:08 PM

:D  You're good Reillers - you're very good in fact.  ;D

All for the good of Cork hurling Reillers wasn't it ??? It wasn't fair what they did to legend Billy but it's ok what the 2008 panel are going to do with legend Gerald ??

When you survey the wreckage later on in the year and see the clubs that have been split down the middle, the relationships that have been soured and the general damage that these lads have delivered, you may look back and think what was it all about ?

So that a few lads could get to play hurling ? It isn't worth it and it won't be worth it.

But I don't expect you to see that or indeed understand any of it.

And you still have answered it.
If you still think all of this is about the IC players playing or not you are seriously naive.
The players may have started this, got the clubs moving but the clubs are the ones but not only have the clubs taken the baton, they are sprinting home with it. No ones making the clubs do anything. They just got sick of having no voice at CB level. People aren't so divded anymore. While there was division over the Gerald topic everyone seems to have united all in the hate of the CB, see article above for that. It's ironic that the CB's action with Gerald is what has set the whole thing off. If this had been solved a few weeks ago the players would have went back to playing, the CB would have most of it's power still intact and this time next year they'd be at it again, but because they dug in so deep, it's all just turned around on them and the CB have manage to infuriate the grasroots with the little show of respect for them.

If this leads to a complete clear out of the Cb then it will be very much worth it and a lot of that will be down to the players giving the clubs a reason to get organised.

And like I said, surprise surprise you have ignored another post.

Zulu

I did and as usual you didn't or couldn't answer it, now your argument is that all this hassle isn't worth it, is that right?

QuoteWho's the pro-CB posters Zulu? I must have missed their posts.

If you argue what the players did was wrong then you are by extension arguing that the CCB are right, is that not true and if not what are you arguing, I'd be fascinated to find out?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 04, 2009, 05:36:18 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 04, 2009, 05:32:54 PM

That's a good lad Reillers - can Zulu not ask his own questions ?  ;)

Seeing as you shockingly ignored it I thought I'd ask it again. But considering your track record of posts you can't answer I wont hold my breath waiting for an answer, just a smiley face, irrelevant points and some sarcism is all I've come to expect of you Om. Because I too am curious what ye are fighting about any more. Ye talk to us about moving goal posts but no matter what the players do or clubs do ye always seem to have a problem.

orangeman

I bet you can't wait to see the lads back out on the Pairc again.

Won't it be just brilliant ?? You'll have a lot to thank them for.

Normal service will be resumed.

I hope the new manager is to their pleasing. What will happen if they don't lift Liam ???

Eoghan Mag

One good thing that may come out of this is that the Cork clubs will now take a stricter look at the rules in place. If motions were being ruled out of order then it means those putting forwards motions did not have a great knowledge of the rulebook nor enough respect for it.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 04, 2009, 05:51:05 PM
I bet you can't wait to see the lads back out on the Pairc again.

Won't it be just brilliant ?? You'll have a lot to thank them for.

Normal service will be resumed.

I hope the new manager is to their pleasing. What will happen if they don't lift Liam ???

3 posts later and you still haven't answered the question. What's your answer?

Zulu

OM you've posted on this thread more than anyone can you not tells us what your argument is now?