McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 10:48:37 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 10:39:19 PM
If you've got FM in your sights - fine - keep him in your sights - and shoot him down - not a problem.

Brian saw no problem with him during his paying days but he's entitled to change his mind. That's up to him.

If FM is the man who has presided over a dictatorship, that's fine too. Bring the vote of no confidence and get rid of him - make his position untenable.

Not a problem - but for God's sake get on with it.

He had no problem with him at that time, he did very much so in 2002, 07 and now. Stop trying to twist things.
Gerald is the first port of call, I don't see the CB actually making a no vote of confidence in the CB themselves. I do see, hope, Cooney brings FM with him though so we can all get on with it.

"Gerald is not the kernel of the problem, neither are the players" - not my words but the 2008 panel's representative during an interview this week.

So as I say concentrate on FM if he is so hated by everybody as you claim.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 11:36:48 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 10:48:37 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 10:39:19 PM
If you've got FM in your sights - fine - keep him in your sights - and shoot him down - not a problem.

Brian saw no problem with him during his paying days but he's entitled to change his mind. That's up to him.

If FM is the man who has presided over a dictatorship, that's fine too. Bring the vote of no confidence and get rid of him - make his position untenable.

Not a problem - but for God's sake get on with it.

He had no problem with him at that time, he did very much so in 2002, 07 and now. Stop trying to twist things.
Gerald is the first port of call, I don't see the CB actually making a no vote of confidence in the CB themselves. I do see, hope, Cooney brings FM with him though so we can all get on with it.

"Gerald is not the kernel of the problem, neither are the players" - not my words but the 2008 panel's representative during an interview this week.

So as I say concentrate on FM if he is so hated by everybody as you claim.

Accept it. If the clubs have their way Gerald will be gone.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on February 27, 2009, 11:03:37 PM
He didn't have a problem with Frank in 2002. I can quote the passage if you want. He had a problem with the county board.

What page, seeing as Heffo didn't tell me despite saying he would.

orangeman

No - if the 2008 panel have their way, Gerald is gone cos he's the only one that's standing in the way of them getting back onto the pitch.

The 2008 players last Sunday night didn't ask the clubs to have a vote of no confidence in FM or the CB - instead they have asked for Gerald's removal which is very much a single issue agenda.

All the talk about FM is just that ! All one big smokescreen so that the 2008 panel can be victorious.

It might not work out for them as easily as they think.

The GAA

Quote from: INDIANA on February 27, 2009, 11:03:37 PM
He didn't have a problem with Frank in 2002. I can quote the passage if you want. He had a problem with the county board.

In fairness, saying it was the county board is hardly exonorating Frank.

INDIANA

No but its interesting nonetheless that the vitriol I would have expected towards Frank wasn't there. If you were a stranger and simply read the passage you never would have guessed Frank was the hate figure he apppears to be.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 11:43:52 PM
No - if the 2008 panel have their way, Gerald is gone cos he's the only one that's standing in the way of them getting back onto the pitch.

The 2008 players last Sunday night didn't ask the clubs to have a vote of no confidence in FM or the CB - instead they have asked for Gerald's removal which is very much a single issue agenda.

All the talk about FM is just that ! All one big smokescreen so that the 2008 panel can be victorious.

It might not work out for them as easily as they think.

Yes, the clubs want Gerald gone.
They want to show their power and they are hell bent on getting rid of Gerald. The CB did a stupid thing. Before it was the players and a good few clubs backed them over Gerald, but now the clubs no longer feel that they have a voice and are using Gerald as their target. Like a said, he's being used by both sides. Before it was ok to an extent but now the players have got the backing from the majority of grassroots.
What do you think the meeting was mainly about.

QuoteThe 2008 players last Sunday night didn't ask the clubs to have a vote of no confidence in FM or the CB - instead they have asked for Gerald's removal which is very much a single issue agenda.
Oh I thought they didn't say a bad word about McCarthy according to you from your other posts?
The clubs want Gerald gone now, almost as badly as the players and the fans, he is the obstacle. That is why the chairmen have gone back to their clubs to get their vote on Gerald.

You haven't a clue what the players want. No one would be happier to see FM and his minions gone. Gerald is the reason they are not on the pitch but they haven't organised this mini revolution for nothing. They are going right for the heart of the CB if they can and the clubs are right there with them. THEY, the CLUBS want their rightful power back. We want our power back, we want GAA back. We are tired of being dictated to.

They want FM out as well. Gerald is a battle, FM is the war. There's no smokescreen, there's no nothing like that. What you are saying you litterally have no proof.
You're going against overwhelming proof.

You know when I say you don't know what you are talking about, here you really don't.

How stupid, how naive do you think the 400 plus people and the players are.
So what, they have a vote of no confidence in the CB, voted by who, the CB?
Or a vote of no confidence in FM, voted by who, the very men that jump threw hopes to try and please, the very man who can't loose his job even if every single club voted him out.
How stupid do you think they are.
How stupid would that be.
You don't tare down an empire over night, bit by bit you rip it down.

Gerald is the first step.
But FM is the big evil boss.
It's like on a game, you've to kill all the little evil guys before you get onto the next level.
And I really don't see how you aren't getting this.
Either you don't want to see it or you're not the sharpest tool in the box.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on February 27, 2009, 11:50:37 PM
No but its interesting nonetheless that the vitriol I would have expected towards Frank wasn't there. If you were a stranger and simply read the passage you never would have guessed Frank was the hate figure he apppears to be.

What page is it on?

dowling

anglocelt39

Yes, the clubs want Gerald gone.

Tomorrow's racing results perhaps Reillers, sometime soon?

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on February 28, 2009, 12:17:31 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on February 27, 2009, 11:50:37 PM

What page is it on?

pg190

dowling

Reillers yourself and others with the same view implied you never dodged any questions and indeed one said you "over answer". So could you let us all know about your own club? Or just let me know?

The GAA

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 28, 2009, 11:54:53 AM

I don't see how that's any of your business

Maybe we'll let Reillers decide that if that's ok with you.

The GAA

What's your name and address?

Don't duck the question now....