McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 12:32:13 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 11:53:54 AM

In general or on something specific?

Allow me the liberty of paraphrasing:

"Frank called me up to his office to give me a lecture for lining out for my club when it was against IC player policy at the time. He was all set to lift me out of it but I stood up to him and we never had a problem since that day. I think he's great and great for Cork. I can't tell you the amount of time he's gotten Cork players out of trouble with his knowledge of the rule book and quick thinking. He once gave us an unscripted ten minute speech which raised the hairs on the back of our neck. If I were ever in trouble in court, Frank would be the first man I'd call. There is a great picture of me, Frank (and someone else) arm in arm after (I think 2004 AI final). Maybe we'll have more days like that some time in the future.'

There you go - legend. End of the criticism of Frank please. It was only ever a distraction.

Reillers

A second march is being organised for Sunday the 8th, going down to the Pairc the day the footballers are playing there.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 01:57:34 PM

"Frank called me up to his office to give me a lecture for lining out for my club when it was against IC player policy at the time. He was all set to lift me out of it but I stood up to him and we never had a problem since that day. I think he's great and great for Cork. I can't tell you the amount of time he's gotten Cork players out of trouble with his knowledge of the rule book and quick thinking. He once gave us an unscripted ten minute speech which raised the hairs on the back of our neck. If I were ever in trouble in court, Frank would be the first man I'd call. There is a great picture of me, Frank (and someone else) arm in arm after (I think 2004 AI final). Maybe we'll have more days like that some time in the future.'

There you go - legend. End of the criticism of Frank please. It was only ever a distraction.

Clearly Heffo's missing a few pages in his book, and he doesn't have Blood Brothers either I presume by the sounds of him.

Nothing arised from 03-the end of 06. Till he started playing his old games again.

And I've and it's always been said that the ONLY part of his job that he does, that he's good at is knowing the rule book inside out and upside down, he wrote it.
And ever wonder for a second how he got the players out of troubble.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 02:08:51 PM

Clearly Heffo's missing a few pages in his book, and he doesn't have Blood Brothers either I presume by the sounds of him.

Nothing arised from 03-the end of 06. Till he started playing his old games again.

Who's 'him'? The cats father? After all we've been through...are you claiming the paragraph above is inaccuratly portrayed? If so, please fill in the blanks...

I thought Corcoran played minor, U21 & senior in both codes over a period of about 16 years so surely he'd be the best man to give an accurate portrayal of Frank?

Was it not Frank Murphy who used to give Brian a lift home after training when Brian was a minor?

The GAA

I've no problem seeing that that's Corcoran's personal opinion on frank.

I also don't see how this should somehow exempt frank from the multitude of others who have a different opinion, expressing so.

Its also worth noting that Corcoran is a very strong supporter of the players' stance and was very prominent at the first march

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 02:36:37 PM

I also don't see how this should somehow exempt frank from the multitude of others who have a different opinion, expressing so.

Its also worth noting that Corcoran is a very strong supporter of the players' stance and was very prominent at the first march

Is that not further irony ??

heffo

Maybe the players have something on him!

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 02:06:05 PM
A second march is being organised for Sunday the 8th, going down to the Pairc the day the footballers are playing there.

At least now you'll have something new to add to your posts.

Prob be the best crowd the footballers have got at a league game in years.

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 02:39:09 PM

Where's the irony?

further to which previous irony?

heffo

Quote from: bingobus on February 27, 2009, 02:49:05 PM

I wonder whether the two die hard Cork supporters who attended the NFL game in Kiltoom last year will go to the footballers game or attend the march?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 02:25:17 PM

Who's 'him'? The cats father? After all we've been through...are you claiming the paragraph above is inaccuratly portrayed? If so, please fill in the blanks...

I thought Corcoran played minor, U21 & senior in both codes over a period of about 16 years so surely he'd be the best man to give an accurate portrayal of Frank?

Was it not Frank Murphy who used to give Brian a lift home after training when Brian was a minor?

I'm not claiming anything, I'm just saying that one paragraph in the book, an opinion at a certain time doesn't portray the whole story. There are parts of the book where's not happy with him. Very unhappy with the CB.
Opinions change over time. What he thought then is very different to what he thought in 02 and extremley different to what he thinks now.

Reillers

Seriously what the hell is your problem.

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 02:55:53 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 02:39:09 PM

Where's the irony?

further to which previous irony?

Brian's forked tongue.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 02:56:41 PM

I wonder whether the two die hard Cork supporters who attended the NFL game in Kiltoom last year will go to the footballers game or attend the march?

Wherever the cameras go, they'll follow...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 03:00:10 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 02:25:17 PM

I'm not claiming anything, I'm just saying that one paragraph in the book, an opinion at a certain time doesn't portray the whole story. There are parts of the book where's not happy with him. Very unhappy with the CB.
Opinions change over time. What he thought then is very different to what he thought in 02 and extremley different to what he thinks now.

We all have our faults Reillers but that's a glowing report by anyone's standards.
Why don't you put the 'other bits' you're talking about up and we'll compare them.