McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Hold on a minute  - EVERYBODY can be fired. Frank isn't God as I've pointed out. Of course he can be fired. If the MD of a firm was making a balls of everything he'd be fired.

Frank's been in the job 30 years.

Either he's doing a good enough job or all of this is typical smoke and mirrors stuff.

orangeman

Irish News 25.2.09

Farrell thinks Rebels will be back in action

GPA Chief Dessie Farrell has predicted that the striking hurlers of Cork will be back on the field this season but that there would be more twists and turns in the saga. Farrell however, suggested the outcome would not be a compromise but one of winners and losers.
"I'd imagine it's a situation where one side will be victors. We've been very supportive of the stance taken by the panel
and we're anxious to see it resolved."

Did I miss your comments on this lads ?????? Or did you ignore it ?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 25, 2009, 06:48:29 PM
Hold on a minute  - EVERYBODY can be fired. Frank isn't God as I've pointed out. Of course he can be fired. If the MD of a firm was making a balls of everything he'd be fired.

Either he's doing a good enough job or all of this is typical smoke and mirrors stuff.

He literally can't be fired.

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on February 25, 2009, 06:30:59 PM
QuoteFrank Murphy is not the problem. It the gutless masses of GAA people in Cork who have sat back and let him do take that power (if indeed it is the case).

I agree 100% but this is true in many counties, i'm not from Cork by the way Skull but my own clubmen are no less gutless when it comes to this IMO.

QuoteZulu I don't expect anyone to do anything and I'm not too sure where you're coming from here. But i didn't think it would have been a big deal to re-iterate something. In spite of what you may think of my posts I'm not at this sort of thing all the time. But I have to say it's an easy cop out to say concern has been expressed on other pages, I don't have time to trawl, but neither do I recall seeing any concern expressed.

Dowling i've said that I have expressed concern for Cork GAA during all of this but if you want that proof you have to go look for it yourself, either that or take my word for it.

QuoteAs for saying your description of rubbish isn't insulting language, of course it is. This board is by and large an exchange of opinions based on how we see and feel about this situ. I don't agree with your analysis and therefore think your opinions are wrong but I refuse to say they're rubbish, your entitled to your opinion. Indeed of all the pro posters you're probably the most practically engaging. And anyway what does it achieve in the overall debate to insult?
As I've said before however if you feel you need to go that way so be it.

I didn't say your opinion was rubbish but it is wrong/nonsense/rubbish/ a falsehood/a lie to say that only pro-CB posters have expressed a concern for Cork GAA during this debate. I think you are being overly sensitive dowling by taking offence to that, like i say your opinion is your opinion and as long as you logically argue it and can back it up with some relevant points then fine, though I'll probably disagree with them. But when you post something that is clearly wrong then you are posting rubbish, I wouldn't get too worried about though, OM has turned it into an art form  :D

I said your lanuage was insulting and I didn't say I was offended, I don't really mind whatever you use but the point is as I've said before the use of it reflects on you.
Those posters opposed to the strike have consistently expressed concern about where this strike has lead and the damage being done at present to Cork and about the possible and probable future damage. I can't recall anything from the pro posters in the same way, just the 'this is all about the good of Cork.  And none of them, yourself included are concerned enough to re-iterate any alleged concern, even though you've all probably repeated yourselves time and again on every other aspect of this debate!

And if you want to question analysis on the situ here's reilleres from a while back

From reillers page 2

"Now am I missing something..but is that not all that happened. Because all this is from ye is one big bitching sesion for people who hate Cork. Maybe wait till something happens before ye use up all ye're whinging, God forbid like.

The players had a meeting, they voted 26 to 2 against the decision of the board, who along with Gerald Mac, were very aware of the players feelings. They said they have made it clear that they are not happy and the ball is now in the boards court.

Now have I missed something or is that all that's happened..

Now they can't go on strike again, so the worst that will happen is that 9 players leave and ye'll have no shite from Cork to put up with. God what will we do then."

That's how he analysed this at the start.

And page 3

"That's all they've done, they haven't said they'd take a certain action, they haven't come out in public and said anything..we've heard most of this from Gerald Mac. Yet ye are acting like they sinned to the skies, heaven and earth. They've nothing except voice their oppinions within themselves."

Haven't seen you refer to his posts as rubbish.

Reillers

That was from months ago when not much has happened, hundreds of pages ago. A lot has changed and the fact that you have to back 270 plus pages says a lot.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 25, 2009, 06:49:57 PM
Irish News 25.2.09

GPA Chief Dessie Farrell has predicted that the striking hurlers of Cork will be back on the field this season but that there would be more twists and turns in the saga. Farrell however, suggested the outcome would not be a compromise but one of winners and losers.
"I'd imagine it's a situation where one side will be victors. We've been very supportive of the stance taken by the panel

Or maybe, just maybe we missed the comment. Seeing as there's not much too it.
One side will win, one wont and he thinks the players will win and they've supported them on their stance..and??

dowling

Doesn't matter how long ago it was reillers. Your analysis was wrong and has been proven to be wrong when others could see the potential mess ahead.
As I've said I never feel the need to label posts rubbish but going by Zulu's criteria that's what those posts were.
And it's funny how I'm encouraged to trawl the thread for certain posts but get told a lot has changed when I bring up others. More double standards and goalpost moving.
Sure just let me know what I can bring up and that'll save any disagreement.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 25, 2009, 06:57:50 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 25, 2009, 06:49:57 PM
Irish News 25.2.09

Or maybe, just maybe we missed the comment. Seeing as there's not much too it.
One side will win, one wont and he thinks the players will win and they've supported them on their stance..and??

There's not much to it - that's alright then. Nothing to worry about then. Brilliant.  :o :o :o

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on February 25, 2009, 07:03:40 PM
Doesn't matter how long ago it was reillers. Your analysis was wrong and has been proven to be wrong when others could see the potential mess ahead.
As I've said I never feel the need to label posts rubbish but going by Zulu's criteria that's what those posts were.
And it's funny how I'm encouraged to trawl the thread for certain posts but get told a lot has changed when I bring up others. More double standards and goalpost moving.

What are you on about.
You were told to look for whatever it was so you go back to the start of the thread from months ago, things have changed and opinions have changed. I'm not apologising for that.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 25, 2009, 07:11:53 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 25, 2009, 07:03:40 PM

What are you on about.
You were told to look for whatever it was so you go back to the start of the thread from months ago, things have changed and opinions have changed. I'm not apologising for that.

You're damn right - stick to your guns - not an inch, not a bullet ! No surrender ! That'll sort things out nicely.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Reillers on February 25, 2009, 06:52:37 PM

I know FM is a full-time paid official of the GAA and so ousting him would not be as straightforward as getting rid of a voluntary secretary, who can be got rid of in a motion of no-confidence, but to say he litereally can't be fired, well I just can't buy that Reillers. A motion of no-confidence would pretty much make his position untenable and the GAA couldn't stand by and leave a man in a position where the people he represents clearly want him out. Where there's a will, there's a way. But is there a will?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

orangeman

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 25, 2009, 07:26:40 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 25, 2009, 06:52:37 PM

I know FM is a full-time paid official of the GAA and so ousting him would not be as straightforward as getting rid of a voluntary secretary, who can be got rid of in a motion of no-confidence, but to say he litereally can't be fired, well I just can't buy that Reillers. A motion of no-confidence would pretty much make his position untenable and the GAA couldn't stand by and leave a man in a position where the people he represents clearly want him out. Where there's a will, there's a way. But is there a will?
[/b]

Of coyurse he can be ousted - a motion of no confidence would leave his postion untenable.

The GAA

No - it would not. he is not accountable to the clubs.

The GAA

Quote from: The GAA on February 25, 2009, 06:35:30 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 25, 2009, 05:30:40 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 25, 2009, 05:17:06 PM

I don't know why i should be defending myself to you but

Quote from: Zulu on February 25, 2009, 05:03:38 PM
It's hardly insulting to call someone's post rubbish if that's what it is, sorry now Dowling but you have posted a number of generalizations without a shred of evidence to support them. The latest being pro-player posters don't care about Cork GAA, I certainly have expressed that view and I wouldn't be posting on this topic if I didn't care. However I'm not about to trawl through 250 odd pages for quotes to back it up, if you want it you find it, but I assure you it is there.

goes for me too.

But by all means fire away with the generalities if you think it puts a bit of flesh on your arguments
[/b]

You're operating away there with generalities of your own - a few specifics would be nice.

I really shouldn't because you're probably responding to something posted in the handball section 3 weeks ago, but...

what generalities do you want specifics on?

no?

another nonsense post from dougal?

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on February 25, 2009, 06:18:16 PM
As for saying your description of rubbish isn't insulting language, of course it is. This board is by and large an exchange of opinions based on how we see and feel about this situ. I don't agree with your analysis and therefore think your opinions are wrong but I refuse to say they're rubbish, your entitled to your opinion. Indeed of all the pro posters you're probably the most practically engaging. And anyway what does it achieve in the overall debate to insult?

If someone is patently speaking rubbish and can be shown to be doing so then he damn well better be described as speaking rubbish or this discussion board doesn't do what it says on the tin