McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Quote from: Zulu on February 25, 2009, 04:13:44 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 25, 2009, 04:05:02 PM
Someone asked somewhere on this thread Reillers if you are a member of the 2008 panel and I would ask that again. Being a relative newcomer I genuinely don't know and it might be a silly question. But you say the same thing over and over again avoiding questions and insulting those of a differing opinion and if you're not I have to wonder do you have any connection with the 2008 panel.

I'm pretty sure he has said he isn't and exactly what questions has he avoided, I think this is more baseless generalisations from you, if anything Reillers has over-answered questions put to him.

FS claiming reillers doesn't answer questions takes the biscuit, only OM and indiana do that to my knowledge

Reillers

Someone asked somewhere on this thread Reillers if you are a member of the 2008 panel and I would ask that again. Being a relative newcomer I genuinely don't know and it might be a silly question. But you say the same thing over and over again avoiding questions and insulting those of a differing opinion and if you're not I have to wonder do you have any connection with the 2008 panel.

If you knew it was asked all ready then you obviously no the answer. Know I am not a player. I say the same thing over and over again because I'm asked the same questions over and over again and what questions do I actually apparently avoid and how does that make me a player?
(So by your theory it means you OM and Indianna most all be CB executives right, because ye avoide answering questions, saying the same things over and over again, insulting the players..etc..so does that mean ye're on the CB?) FFS like.

bingobus

Quote from: bingobus on February 25, 2009, 11:48:23 AM
Dowling sumed it up for me. The players claim that the CB was waiting in the grass for revenge for 2002 but to me the players have been very much waiting in the grass for the CB as well. The reappointment of Ger McCarthy was the excuse they needed. One day they won't play for Ger McCarthy but will play for a CB board who it would appear is the big problem and the big target for them.

This, to me, doesn't make sense. They seem to be luring in the smaller clubs to do their dirty work for them ie bring down the CB.

Where will this stop? Will the junior clubs end up going on strike? Have the players a master plan or have they stumbled their way to this point.

Also, FM is pillored at this stage. His crimes seem to be that he voted his own way at Congress a few years back and then reappointed Ger McCarthy. Sean Og said himself that as a secretary he is top class but continues to see his abuses his power.

Can anyone provide a list of these "crimes"? Seriously, list half a dozen specific incidents?

Has he been using Cork stationery for his own use, letting his mates in for free or awarding his own club a bye to the county final every year? Lets hear it.

Reillers you can answer me that, please. Genuinely want to know how bad it has been.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 25, 2009, 04:19:20 PM

If you knew it was asked all ready then you obviously no the answer. No I am not a player.  What questions do I actually apparently avoid and how does that make me a player?

You and GAA can't answer a straight question - you should be politicians !  ;)

Always teisting and dodging the questions.

The GAA

Lets try this nice and simple.

i've been asking for about an hour now OM...

WHAT IS THE QUESTION?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 25, 2009, 04:21:56 PM

If you knew it was asked all ready then you obviously no the answer. No I am not a player.  What questions do I actually apparently avoid and how does that make me a player?

Like..
You do this more then anyone, you ignore questions. You nit pick from a post where the question was posed to you and refuse to answer it no matter how many times you are asked like you did a few pages ago or you ask stupid questions while nit picking, like there a page ago when I was clearly making an example of how not everything is black and white and you said what has murder and stealing got to do with GAA or something like that when it was blatantly obvious what I was doing.
You do it all the time, especially when there are posts you can't answer.

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 25, 2009, 04:24:18 PM

WHAT IS THE QUESTION?

Forget about it.  ;)

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 25, 2009, 04:26:10 PM

Like..
You do this more then anyone, you ignore questions. You nit pick from a post where the question was posed to you and refuse to answer it no matter how many times you are asked like you did a few pages ago or you ask stupid questions while nit picking, like there a page ago when I was clearly making an example of how not everything is black and white and you said what has murder and stealing got to do with GAA or something like that when it was blatantly obvious what I was doing.

The honour of not answering questions belongs exclusively to you Reillers.

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 25, 2009, 04:26:39 PM

WHAT IS THE QUESTION?

Forget about it.  ;)

:D

You spend an hour mixing everyone's posts up and asking me for evidence for your own post and you want me to forget about it like the rest of your nonsense plageirised posts?

Is there no way we could confine you to some sort of kindergarden or remedial thread?

The GAA

Quote from: Reillers on February 25, 2009, 04:26:10 PM

Like..

He can't answer questions which require applying logic to a thread of logic. he doesn't have an argument - he has soundbites and general statments lifted from other people's posts because he likes the tone or the big words.

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 25, 2009, 04:30:35 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 25, 2009, 04:26:39 PM

WHAT IS THE QUESTION?

Forget about it.  ;)

:D

You spend an hour mixing everyone's posts up and asking me for evidence for your own post and you want me to forget about it like the rest of your nonsense plageirised posts?

Is there no way we could confine you to some sort of kindergarden or remedial thread?

:D :D :D What's a kindergarten ?

Reillers

Quote from: bingobus on February 25, 2009, 04:21:29 PM
Dowling sumed it up for me. The players claim that the CB was waiting in the grass for revenge for 2002 but to me the players have been very much waiting in the grass for the CB as well. The reappointment of Ger McCarthy was the excuse they needed. One day they won't play for Ger McCarthy but will play for a CB board who it would appear is the big problem and the big target for them.

This, to me, doesn't make sense. They seem to be luring in the smaller clubs to do their dirty work for them ie bring down the CB.

Where will this stop? Will the junior clubs end up going on strike? Have the players a master plan or have they stumbled their way to this point.

Also, FM is pillored at this stage. His crimes seem to be that he voted his own way at Congress a few years back and then reappointed Ger McCarthy. Sean Og said himself that as a secretary he is top class but continues to see his abuses his power.

Can anyone provide a list of these "crimes"? Seriously, list half a dozen specific incidents?

Has he been using Cork stationery for his own use, letting his mates in for free or awarding his own club a bye to the county final every year? Lets hear it.

Reillers you can answer me that, please. Genuinely want to know how bad it has been.

First of all you are out of your mind if you think the players were looking for the fight. They hate doing this. Joe Deane said that waiting for the arbitration deal to come up on the computer with Donal Og was more stressful then waiting for his test results.
And you think of a minute they enjoy this, that they would seek this out. That they enjoyed being slammed in the press and questioned about their loyalty and commitment. They weren't looking for this, they have been trying to avoid this and it has gotten worse every time.
OM really has come out with some clueless posts over the few hundred pages but this takes the prize really.
I don't know why the Junior Clubs have been dragged into this.  Lowering smaller clubs to do their dirty work. That is, and I've had to put up with OM for hundreds of pages, one of tne most ridiculous posts here because it shows you have no knowledge at all, not even a little bit of what's going on in Cork, never mind Cork GAA, never mind the Junior Clubs.
The Junior Clubs get no vote.
Lane asked will the Junior Clubs get a vote on Prime Time last night, she didn't ask all the questions but she did rip the man apart.
He responded saying they all ready had a vote.
It's a yes or no answer she said.
And of course he avoided it again.
The Junior Clubs were some of the most vocal at the meeting, they despise the board. The players invited every single club there. They had no idea what the reaction would be. The players barely said two words before clubs started to vent about the CB.
What you are saying is a massive insult to the Junior Clubs, clubs in general in Cork. No respect at all.
And what about Nemo, their chairmen spoke backing the players, one of the biggest clubs in Cork..oh there most be some other reason and excuse for that right?

QuoteHis crimes seem to be that he voted his own way at Congress a few years back and then reappointed Ger McCarthy.
Case an point. You have clearly come on here with no knowledge at all of the situation, just to bitch about the players.
The players have refused to play 3 times because of him, but he's done nothing wrong.
400 clubmen vented their frustration about FM, but he's done nothing wrong.
12000 took to the streets in Cork because of him, but he's done nothing wrong.

But oh no, never mind all that, all he's done is reappoint McCarthy. The man's a saint.

And you want me to list for God only knows how long what he's done when clearly you don't know anything about the situation and from the post just there aren't willing to except anything either, instead you insult thousands of people from hundreds of clubs and you want me to answer what FM has done. What's the point when it's clear from that post that you wont listen.

dowling

Zulu said, "The players have clearly highlighted the fact that Cork GAA isn't working properly and this ghas energised the clubs to take a more proactive role in what is going on a CB level. By taking the action they've taken the players have shone a light on Cork GAA at CB level an to a degree on the whole GAA and for that we should be thankful."

I'll take this at face value. Every county has problems and differ according to whom you're talking. If problems need addressed in Cork fair enough but don't for one minute try to convince me that there was ever any thought of the greater good of the county in the players' actions. And if Gerald was to walk away today all this focus the players are trying to bring would evaporate and don't kid yourself otherwise. In such a situation we might get a statement from the players saying the need now is to get back to business and put all the recriminations behind us.
And Zulu the likes of yourself and others keep going on about delegates misrepresenting clubs. There's no way of measuring the extent of that but pro posters are throwing it around as if there will be a total turnaround. Well see.
I lump everyone together? And you describe my post as "rubbish". Is that not insulting language, irrespective of whether or not a lot worse could be used.
But to prove it's rubbish show me where a pro poster has expressed concern about the current mess.

If you knew it was asked all ready then you obviously no the answer. Know I am not a player. I say the same thing over and over again because I'm asked the same questions over and over again and what questions do I actually apparently avoid and how does that make me a player?
(So by your theory it means you OM and Indianna most all be CB executives right, because ye avoide answering questions, saying the same things over and over again, insulting the players..etc..so does that mean ye're on the CB?) FFS like.

I remembered seeing it somewhere among the 270 odd pages but I couldn't remember the answer. I only asked because I thought I might have trouble finding it and to be honest I didn't even know if you'd answered it or not. AndI didn't say it made you a player. You just sound like the 2008 panel continually recycling the same old and throwing in the odd insult. You wouldn't be a member of the GPA then would you?
Quote from: The GAA on February 25, 2009, 04:16:11 PM

I'm pretty sure he has said he isn't and exactly what questions has he avoided, I think this is more baseless generalisations from you, if anything Reillers has over-answered questions put to him.

FS claiming reillers doesn't answer questions takes the biscuit, only OM and indiana do that to my knowledge

Took him long enough to answer that one.
How can you over answer a question? Does that mean just repeating the same old? And if you're just repeating the same old you couldn't be answering all the questions now could you.
Like if I ask "is it raining up your way reillers?" and he goes off on, "for feck sake what do you not understand, this isn't about player power it's about........... and where you get this bullshit is beyond me" isn't really an answer is it. It's just a response.

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on February 25, 2009, 04:16:11 PM

I've asked him numerous times whether he now admits the 2008 panel are on strike and he refuses to answer. He spent the first three months of this thread denying they were on strike.

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on February 25, 2009, 04:42:39 PM
Quote from: bingobus on February 25, 2009, 04:21:29 PM

First of all you are out of your mind if you think the players were looking for the fight. They hate doing this. Joe Deane said that waiting for the arbitration deal to come up on the computer with Donal Og was more stressful then waiting for his test results.
And you think of a minute they enjoy this, that they would seek this out. That they enjoyed being slammed in the press and questioned about their loyalty and commitment. They weren't looking for this, they have been trying to avoid this and it has gotten worse every time.
OM really has come out with some clueless posts over the few hundred pages but this takes the prize really.
I don't know why the Junior Clubs have been dragged into this.  Lowering smaller clubs to do their dirty work. That is, and I've had to put up with OM for hundreds of pages, one of tne most ridiculous posts here because it shows you have no knowledge at all, not even a little bit of what's going on in Cork, never mind Cork GAA, never mind the Junior Clubs.
The Junior Clubs get no vote.
Lane asked will the Junior Clubs get a vote on Prime Time last night, she didn't ask all the questions but she did rip the man apart.
He responded saying they all ready had a vote.
It's a yes or no answer she said.
And of course he avoided it again.
The Junior Clubs were some of the most vocal at the meeting, they despise the board. The players invited every single club there. They had no idea what the reaction would be. The players barely said two words before clubs started to vent about the CB.
What you are saying is a massive insult to the Junior Clubs, clubs in general in Cork. No respect at all.
And what about Nemo, their chairmen spoke backing the players, one of the biggest clubs in Cork..oh there most be some other reason and excuse for that right?

QuoteHis crimes seem to be that he voted his own way at Congress a few years back and then reappointed Ger McCarthy.
Case an point. You have clearly come on here with no knowledge at all of the situation, just to bitch about the players.
The players have refused to play 3 times because of him, but he's done nothing wrong.
400 clubmen vented their frustration about FM, but he's done nothing wrong.
12000 took to the streets in Cork because of him, but he's done nothing wrong.

But oh no, never mind all that, all he's done is reappoint McCarthy. The man's a saint.

And you want me to list for God only knows how long what he's done when clearly you don't know anything about the situation and from the post just there aren't willing to except anything either, instead you insult thousands of people from hundreds of clubs and you want me to answer what FM has done. What's the point when it's clear from that post that you wont listen.

You didn't really answer that reillers. Just a half dozen examples are all the man/woman - no offence either way intended - is looking.