McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligeach

Quote from: Zulu on February 24, 2009, 03:50:21 PM
Of course it matters, problems and issues can't be summed up by dictionary definitions,

They don't need to be. Saying its a veto doesn't make those matters or problems any different, its just not referring to them.

Donal Og and company are afraid to use the word veto because of what it means, powerwise.
if there were four candidates nominated the only one the players wouldn't have played for IMO is Gerald.

Well gosh jolly darnit, I have this wee book here and theres a word in this book just for the very situation, isn't that a coincidence ?

Thats a veto.

Reillers

Prime Time..In 2007 Cork footballers joined forces with the hurlers..you think she could get her facts right.

Reillers

If anyone else saw that Prime Time interview when she was interviewing PR Gerad Lane, and if anyone else questions what the CB are truely like, surely that says a lot.
She did a decent job of interviewing him and he did a typical CCB. That is how infuriating they can be.

anglocelt39

Quote from: Reillers on February 24, 2009, 10:01:12 PM
Prime Time..In 2007 Cork footballers joined forces with the hurlers..you think she could get her facts right.

Sorry mate, but I think that just about shows how utterly bored the rest of the country is with you and all your shite down there Reillers. One year morphs into the rest, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 some of your lot were on strike over some perceived slight, hurlers, footballers, Keano, Stephen Ireland. 99.9% of the countrys population just don't have the time to have the exact timelines at their fingertips. Get a life.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

RedandGreenSniper

I said it earlier in the week, the fact that Prime Time are reporting on it is a f**king joke. The entire country is in major economic difficulty and this issue is getting airtime. Ridiculous.

I'd have to say some of Miriam's questions were poorly put too. That effort about the Junior clubs especially. The PRO didn't give much cause for optimism either but it is hard for him to speak and commit to anything while a CB meeting is going on where an entirely different opinion might be set forward, in fairness.

Has Nickey Brennan spoken before on the issue? I think his attitude sums up a lot of people's, although he does seem to be siding with Frank Murphy on this . . .
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

tyronefan

all i got from that report was that the players will keep striking until they get to run the whole thing themselves.  they seem to find a different reason every year.

Reillers

The interview with the PR p***k was litterally saying that after all that has happened  f***k the people we running this show our way and that is it.

Shocking. Not unexpected but shocking.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 24, 2009, 10:31:07 PM
The interview with the PR p***k was litterally saying that after all that has happened  f***k the people we running this show our way and that is it.

Why call the man a p----k ? Surely he doesn't deserve such a description ? I'm sure he has spent his whole life running after the GAA in Cork, doing lots of good work along the way and all you can call him is a p---k ??

That's just pathetic !

Reillers

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 24, 2009, 10:23:11 PM
I said it earlier in the week, the fact that Prime Time are reporting on it is a f**king joke. The entire country is in major economic difficulty and this issue is getting airtime. Ridiculous.

I'd have to say some of Miriam's questions were poorly put too. That effort about the Junior clubs especially. The PRO didn't give much cause for optimism either but it is hard for him to speak and commit to anything while a CB meeting is going on where an entirely different opinion might be set forward, in fairness.

Has Nickey Brennan spoken before on the issue? I think his attitude sums up a lot of people's, although he does seem to be siding with Frank Murphy on this . . .

She pissed me off in the way she didn't ask the questions that were pretty obvious to ask. She pushed him a bit all right which was fine, but she could have asked more about the fact that it was clear that the clubs weren't being represented by the CB. Now that I think about it the questions were pretty shocking. I was just overawed by his answers.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 24, 2009, 10:33:04 PM

Why call the man a p----k ? Surely he doesn't deserve such a description ? I'm sure he has spent his whole life running after the GAA in Cork, doing lots of good work along the way and all you can call him is a p---k ??

That's just pathetic !
I've met the man and he is genuinely a p***k. And you don't know a thing about it so you can't really comment on it. And he's been in his job for 5 minutes.

INDIANA

I'd concur with the first paragraph. With the country facing economic meltdown, people losing their jobs they are giving airtime to this? With all due respects to the dispute it is not on the radar when you consider the trouble this country is in. What did we learn- nothing? This dispute is like a one-armed man trying to swim it just goes round in cirlces.

tyronefan

in fairness  the board has voted on it twice now and it has been the same result.  
the players are getting a bit like the government with lisbon treaty  we will keep on voting until we get the result we want

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Reillers on February 24, 2009, 10:33:13 PM

She pissed me off in the way she didn't ask the questions that were pretty obvious to ask. She pushed him a bit all right which was fine, but she could have asked more about the fact that it was clear that the clubs weren't being represented by the CB. Now that I think about it the questions were pretty shocking. I was just overawed by his answers.

Yeah would liked to have seen her ask him 'does the representation of clubs at the players meeting indicate a possible breakdown in the democratic process?' But if Miriam knew that much she wouldn't be doing her job right because Prime Time shouldn't be examining a sports dispute at a time like this. Is he the PRO or did I hear him described as a PR Consultant? Don't call him a p***k either, you'll get banned for that kind of stuff.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 24, 2009, 10:34:09 PM

That's just pathetic !
I've met the man and he is genuinely a p***k. And you don't know a thing about it so you can't really comment on it. And he's been in his job for 5 minutes.
[/b]

Typical Reillsersland response. Just typical.

Absolutely pathetic - he says something you don't like or agree with and he's a p---k !

Just another p---k added to the long list !

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 24, 2009, 10:41:35 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 24, 2009, 10:34:09 PM

That's just pathetic !
[/b]

Typical Reillsersland response. Just typical.

Absolutely pathetic - he says something you don't like or agree with and he's a p---k !

Just another p---k added to the long list !

Ya, I'm sure there are plenty of people, plenty, who you've met and didn't like. it.
Thinking about it now, I would like to retract what I've said. He's not that bad infairness, I shouldn't have said p***k. He just, he's playing the CB's violin and that itself is disgraceful and his interview just reflected everything that I hate about the CB.