McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: EddieMerx on February 24, 2009, 11:52:21 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on February 24, 2009, 10:44:38 AM
Whether its Stephen Ireland, Roy Keane, the Cork Hurlers, Frank Murphy the cork county board, Ronan O Gara, all from Cork and cause nothing but aggro.

You forgot Eddie Hobbs

And Sonia O'Sullivan, or is she an Aussie now?

tyronefan

Surly the fault is not Ger mc Carthys, he can only be manager if asked to by the CCB/FM. Is these not the people that needs to be removed for the good of cork gaa. are the hurlers and the ccb just using ger as a scape goat and will the whole thing not blow up again next year if the real problems are not dealt with now instead of coming up with a new reason each year not to have to deal with ccb directly

EddieMerx

Quote from: bingobus on February 24, 2009, 11:53:24 AM
And Sonia O'Sullivan, or is she an Aussie now?

Australian, I think I remember her saying it was one of the happiest days of her life which she got her Australian passport, Maybe FM had something to do with that :o

The GAA

Quote from: bingobus on February 24, 2009, 11:52:35 AM
Thats something that I can't understand in this whole mess. One week its Ger McCarthy and they'll not play for him but the next week the whole thing comes from FM and CBB????

McCarthy's term was up at the end of last year. The players wanted rid of him before that but held fire til the end of the year as his term was up. McCarhty indicated he didn't want to stay on anyway.
When the players representatives on the selection committee relayed to fm and co that the didn't rate McCarthy and had no respect or him as a coach, the county board saw their opportunity to "get at" the players and approached and reappointed McCarthy.

Understand now?

tyronefan

Quote from: The GAA on February 24, 2009, 12:01:28 PM
Thats something that I can't understand in this whole mess. One week its Ger McCarthy and they'll not play for him but the next week the whole thing comes from FM and CBB????

McCarthy's term was up at the end of last year. The players wanted rid of him before that but held fire til the end of the year as his term was up. McCarhty indicated he didn't want to stay on anyway.
When the players representatives on the selection committee relayed to fm and co that the didn't rate McCarthy and had no respect or him as a coach, the county board saw their opportunity to "get at" the players and approached and reappointed McCarthy.

Understand now?

No why only Mc Carthy and not the CCB and FM

bingobus

Quote from: The GAA on February 24, 2009, 12:01:28 PM

Understand now?

So the players are happy to continue with FM aka the CBB at the helm despite the hardship and mistreatment they have suffered over the last few years and after reappointing Ger McCarthy as manager again??? They'll play under Mr Bean next year if the CBB appoint him until they realise they aren't going going to win an All-ireland, go on strike, remove Mr Bean and allow FM appoint Mr Blobby.

Ger McCarthy only a pawn in all of this and surpirsed he hasn't seen this himself.

I personally couldn't care less for GAA in cork at this point in time and they are only doing themselves harm. The whole place is rotten with self interest.

The GAA

The GAA

Quote from: bingobus on February 24, 2009, 12:10:30 PM
So the players are happy to continue with FM aka the CBB at the helm despite the hardship and mistreatment they have suffered over the last few years and after reappointing Ger McCarthy as manager again??? They'll play under Mr Bean next year if the CBB appoint him until they realise they aren't going going to win an All-ireland, go on strike, remove Mr Bean and allow FM appoint Mr Blobby.

Ger McCarthy only a pawn in all of this and surpirsed he hasn't seen this himself.

I personally couldn't care less for GAA in cork at this point in time and they are only doing themselves harm. The whole place is rotten with self interest.

who says?

tyronefan

Quote from: The GAA on February 24, 2009, 12:10:38 PM
why what only mccarthy?

jez  why only get rid of mc carthy and not the ccb and fm

clear enough now

bingobus

Quote from: The GAA on February 24, 2009, 12:11:51 PM
Quote from: bingobus on February 24, 2009, 12:10:30 PM

who says?

I haven't seen it anywhere that they want FM out or if he isn't removed that they not return to action.

The GAA

As far as i know its murphy and co's deliberate misuse if power and decisions contrary to the good of cork hurling which are the major problem.

the latest and most high profile of that symptom of that cancer is the deliberately antagonistic reappointment of McCarthy.

I haven't seen anyone saying that they will go back simply if McCarthy is removed

tyronefan

So is your understanding of it is that they will not play as long as FM is still there

I thought that they just wanted rid of ger

The GAA

Honestly not sure though at a guess i'd say there's no way they'd play with McCarthy still in situ. Might be a stretch for those boys but i'd consider it a reasonable compromise if someone else was brought in alongside Gerald with autonomy over training and an equal say in selection.

Rumour doing the rounds is that Brennan is trying to work a situation like the above with a guarantee that Croke park will permenantly remove frank by the end of the year

tyronefan

would have to say reading the posts from the cork gaa posters that the removal of ger mc carthy is a short term solution and that the task of removing FM will have to be tackled sooner rather than later is there is to be real progress in the problems you are having down there

bingobus

Quote from: The GAA on February 24, 2009, 12:41:47 PM

Honestly not sure though at a guess i'd say there's no way they'd play with McCarthy still in situ. Might be a stretch for those boys but i'd consider it a reasonable compromise if someone else was brought in alongside Gerald with autonomy over training and an equal say in selection.

Rumour doing the rounds is that Brennan is trying to work a situation like the above with a guarantee that Croke park will permenantly remove frank by the end of the year

As clear as mud  ;)