McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 21, 2009, 05:47:22 PM
Gah was just on 96FM saying that the players never agreed to play for Ger Mac and that they are incensed with the reports in the media today....like I said spin. I wonder what White got in return for this little sneaky move from the CB. It's just more spin from the CCB and their PR machine before tomorrow night.
[/quote

Did this information not come from the Croke Park people ( that the 2008 panel were willing to play under Mc Carthy )  ??

dowling

See Canty was showing solidarity with the hurlers on the news. Is there something behind this or did he just happen to be about when the tv cameras turned up. Reillers I heard White on the radio and he seemed sympathetic to the 200 panel and very sincere in all he had to say. Think you were unfair on the man.

cicfada

I have asked several times what the players were willing to compromise on and I thought I had the answer this morning! It seemed that the players were willing to play under  Mc Carthy  and this information was indicated to the co board last night via Alan White the Blarney delegate! It was also confirmed via  Mc Carhty's letter   in which he found out about the players willingness to play subject to the alterations on coaching and selectorial staff! He found out about this from Cooney and Duffy on Thursday night. So after last night this is out in the papers this morning and in the evening echo today in which there were photos of the players training this morning in Na Piarsaigh!  But lo and behold around 5-30 this evening the players deny everything!! So instead of a chink of light we have nothing  and this meeting tomorrow to look forward to! If the players are to be believed then there is a conspiracy between Alan White, his source, the co board, Mc Carthy, Christy Cooney and Paraic Duffy! ON the other hand the possibility exists that the players thought (today)  they would be losing face and credibilty and therefore thought it better to deny everything!  I leave it up to readers to decide which scenario is true! So back to my original question...WHAT ARE THE PLAYERS WILLING TO COMPROMISE ON IN ORDER TO PLAY  THEIR PART IN SOLVING THIS MESS????????

cicfada

And by the way Reillers, withdraw your disgusting insinuation about Alan White!!  How dare you!  He was the one who stood up to declare that delegates should have the right to discuss motions with their clubs on Tuesday evening!  So now he is in the co boards pocket is he?? I have spoken to the man twice today as he is a fellow club man  of mine and  and he is of the highest character and has voted against the co board several times in the past!

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 11:54:15 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 20, 2009, 11:49:04 PM
Oh the CB are a joke.

Apparently there was a lot of unhappiness at the meeting.

Delegates were briefed and given the Croke Park report, informed that CCB Executive and management team would agree with all points, but the players wouldn't.
Blarney delegate, Alan White, informed the meeting that the players would play under Gerald on condition that changes be made to his backroom team. However this was a surprise to the Executive, who stated that they hadn't been told this by Duffy and Cooney.
(It wouldn't be the first time the CB executives weren't aware of things.)

I think that's it.

This is turning out to be a PR disaster for the 2008 panel. Thery're coming across poorly.
[/quote

Definitely a PR disaster for the 2008 - denying what they had already agreed to after the event is just making them look even more silly than they have already looked.

Who is advising them on theirPR ?? Their advisors should be sacked

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on February 21, 2009, 07:18:45 PM
See Canty was showing solidarity with the hurlers on the news. Is there something behind this or did he just happen to be about when the tv cameras turned up. Reillers I heard White on the radio and he seemed sympathetic to the 200 panel and very sincere in all he had to say. Think you were unfair on the man.

Ya maybe a bit unfair but come on, the players said they didn't say anything of the sorts, whiich would make 100% sense seeing as they've been saying that all along, and the CB executives hadn't heard anything about it apparently. So where the hell did it come from?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 21, 2009, 07:34:46 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 11:54:15 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 20, 2009, 11:49:04 PM
Oh the CB are a joke.

Apparently there was a lot of unhappiness at the meeting.

Delegates were briefed and given the Croke Park report, informed that CCB Executive and management team would agree with all points, but the players wouldn't.
Blarney delegate, Alan White, informed the meeting that the players would play under Gerald on condition that changes be made to his backroom team. However this was a surprise to the Executive, who stated that they hadn't been told this by Duffy and Cooney.
(It wouldn't be the first time the CB executives weren't aware of things.)

I think that's it.

This is turning out to be a PR disaster for the 2008 panel. Thery're coming across poorly.
[/quote

Definitely a PR disaster for the 2008 - denying what they had already agreed to after the event is just making them look even more silly than they have already looked.

Who is advising them on theirPR ?? Their advisors should be sacked

How do you know they're lying, oh wait it's you, of course the players are wrong. They could build an houses for the poor in Africa and you'd find something wrong with it with the way you talk.
They don't have a PR machine unlike the CB. All they want to do is play hurling and last time I (and they) checked you don't need a PR machine to play hurling.

It never ceases to amaze me the levels these people will go to in order to cling onto power.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 21, 2009, 07:35:35 PM

Ya maybe a bit unfair but come on, the players said they didn't say anything of the sorts, whiich would make 100% sense seeing as they've been saying that all along, and the CB executives hadn't heard anything about it apparently. So where the hell did it come from?
[/b]

Christy Cooney Croke Park next president, Padraig Duffy, Ard Stiurthoir Croke Park, White Blarney delegate, Gerald Mc Carthy, Jerry O'Sullivan,chairman Cork CB, and the CB itself must all be telling lies again.

Tut tut !!! All these lads are not to be trusted - you were right about them Reillers. Born liars !!!

ringy

The county board have being on the run all week, and this latest development has the hallmarks of being scripted by them ahead of tomorrow nights meeting. There has being uproar all over the county in the Duhallow division, Delaneys, Nemo and even the Carbery division getting involved.
People on Gers and the CCB side have being saying it alls boils down to what the clubs want, to me and seeing what going on in my own club theres a wanting for change and its not with regards to players, its the executive and the current management. The delegates are voting for themseleves and what the executive want and NOT WHAT THEIR CLUBS WANT, which is their duty.

Eoghan Mag

Reillers I'd advice you to steer well clear of the point about people building houses in Africa for the poor.

Reillers

Quote from: Eoghan Mag on February 21, 2009, 07:49:47 PM
Reillers I'd advice you to steer well clear of the point about people building houses in Africa for the poor.

It's what Donal Og did....kinda.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 21, 2009, 07:44:53 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 21, 2009, 07:35:35 PM

[/b]

Christy Cooney Croke Park next president, Padraig Duffy, Ard Stiurthoir Croke Park, White Blarney delegate, Gerald Mc Carthy, Jerry O'Sullivan,chairman Cork CB, and the CB itself must all be telling lies again.

Tut tut !!! All these lads are not to be trusted - you were right about them Reillers. Born liars !!!

Again seeing as your lack of knowledge is clear, I'll explain it to you, White was the one who said the players would play, the CB executives apparently didn't know anything about it and Croke Park hasn't said a word about it either.

orangeman

As I said Reillers the whole lot of them are a bunch of liars. All except the decent,honest,hardworking,charitable 2008 panel.

Eoghan Mag

Well if Donal Og did build houses in Africa I declare him the biggest pr*ck alive!!!!!!! >:( I cannot stand this type of sc**bag. There are people in Ireland-  yes this country- struggling to get a roof over their heads and there is a damn lot of homelessness. I hate anyone who thinks they can 'do good' by a big profile PR charity job in a foreign county while ignoring what is going on on their own doorsteps. If I ask him to bulid an extension for my rundown, too small house here in Ireland because I'm too poor to get a loan to fix it up will he also do it for free? LIKE HELL HE WILL! Donal Og might be a good hurler but I cannot stand any of the people who took part in this building programme.  

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 21, 2009, 07:56:48 PM
As I said Reillers the whole lot of them are a bunch of liars. All except the decent,honest,hardworking,charitable 2008 panel.

Why are you such a p***k. When you're proved wrong you just ignore it and ramble on like you just did. You don't except the facts and like I said earlier (another post which you ignored), you couldn't care less what the truth is or who's done what. You don't acknowledge the fact that the Clubs aren't represented by the ones who go to the CB, you don't admit when they're right, you don't acknowledge anyone that has said anything good about the players, you just come on here for one reason and one reason only, to whinge and bitch about the players.