McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 06:33:38 PM
And like I said, people, all the GAA in Cork need to stick together and hold their line, do not break the pressure

The people that matter will be in the CB meeting tonight - just don't keep going on about how the vote means nothing and whinge about it when it doesn't suit you.

I'll ask you another question :

If at tonight's meeting the delegats vote to sack Mc Carthy and appoint a new manager, will you say in your own words, admit that this vote would mean nothing as it is fixed and is without meaning ? Would you accepts it or look for another vote next Tuesday night ?.

Are you thick stone stupid. They do not represent the clubs!!!! The vote their own way in favour of Frank!!!! It's been made so clear and you wont even recognise it.
Ya, all it means, like I said, is that FM changed his mind and the vote will be, 88 to 14 in favour of sacking McCarthy.
It's a pointless process because at the end we all know what will happen.
I want the clubs to have a voice. We have none and like I said we haven't had one for 30 years.

orangeman

The county board are wrong.
The county board execuive are wrong.
Frank Murphy is wrong.Jerry O'Sullivan is wrong and is an apologist for the board.
Gerald Mc Carthy are wrong.
His backroom team are wrong.
Those who turned up to support the young lads are wrong.The young lads are wrong and shouldn't have played, as this would have been sorted out long before now if they had resisted the temptation to don the red jersey.
Croke Park are wrong.Kieran Mulvey was wrong.
Olann Kelleher wasn't listened to.
Mulcahy, JBM and a string of other legends were listened to.
Pro Mc Carthy posters are wrong and haven't got a clue what they're talking about.
The club delegates deliberately went against the wishes of their clubs and voted in favour of the board when their clubs instructed them to vote against the board - so they're all wrong as well.

But the 2008 panel are right - 100% right.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 06:43:03 PM
The county board are wrong.
The county board execuive are wrong.
Frank Murphy is wrong.
Jerry O'Sullivan is wrong and is an apologist for the board.
Gerald Mc Carthy are wrong.
His backroom team are wrong.
Those who turned up to support the young lads are wrong.
The young lads are wrong and shouldn't have played, as this would have been sorted out long before now if they had resisted the temptation to don the red jersey.
Croke Park are wrong.
Kieran Mulvey was wrong.
Olann Kelleher wasn't listened to.
Mulcahy, JBM and a string of other legends were listened to.
Pro Mc Carthy posters are wrong and haven't got a clue what they're talking about.
The club delegates deliberately went against the wishes of their clubs and voted in favour of the board when their clubs instructed them to vote against the board - so they're all wrong as well.

But the 2008 panel are right - 100% right.

How about actually replying to my posts instead of trying to ignore it.

orangeman

How about you facing up to the fact that everyone else is wrong except you ?.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong ,wrong -

Right.

Amazing that everybody could be wrong apart from you.

You live in a funny world as Tatler suggested. Reading my previous post about everybody being wrong merelyy confirms it whenever you see it written down.

But as usual, I'm ignoring your posts and am thick stone stupid !!  ;)

Reillers

I never said that.

So you're not goint to respond to my post then..typical cop out to something you can't answer.

So what you're saying is that the CB are right to abuse their power.
That it's right that one man has that much power?
That it's right that the men who are supposed to represent us don't vote the way we tell them all to fulfill the needs of one man, to keep him happy?
That they were right to reappoint the one man the players didn't want.
..etc
All that is right is it?

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 20, 2009, 06:51:11 PM
I never said that.

So you're not goint to respond to my post then..typical cop out to something you can't answer.

Typical answer ! As I said to you earlier repying to your posts about the delegates, you just can't say that you've not had a voice in 30 years but be happy to live through it, but suddenly when the a couple of barren years come along, you've never had a voice etc etc etc   -  How many AIs have you won in the past 15 years ???

Like all other AGMs, I'd imagine that positions are all up for grabs and likewise the club delegate jobs aren't jobs for life ?.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 06:55:49 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 20, 2009, 06:51:11 PM
I never said that.

Typical answer ! As I said to you earlier repying to your posts about the delegates, you just can't say that you've not had a voice in 30 years but be happy to live through it, but suddenly when the a couple of barren years come along, you've never had a voice etc etc etc   -  How many AIs have you won in the past 15 years ???

Like all other AGMs, I'd imagine that positions are all up for grabs and likewise the club delegate jobs aren't jobs for life ?.

No one was ever happy to live through it, it's gotten worse and worse each decade. But the players are the only ones who've stood up to the board. And we've been unhappy with them, the players have been unhappy as well with the CB, especially since 02, that feeling has never gone away. It was always there. I answered you on this all ready, but FM was as hated as he is now during those 03-06 years.
Why poke a sleeping dog?
And there were complaints about it, there was that much hate about it during those years, you just didn't hear about it.
We have never had a voice, and to quote Christy Ring,

Even the greatest of them all had a withering view of Rebel administrators. Val Dorgan's biography of Christy Ring includes the story of the maestro being stopped by a jobsworth on the turnstiles in Pairc Uí Chaoimh.

"Leave that man in," said a county board official who happened upon the scene, "That's Christy Ring, he won eight All-Irelands with Cork."

Ring's riposte was immortal: "And if I wasn't carrying fellas like you I'd have won another eight."

It's easy to be in charge when you've an excellent team with excellent players and claim the success as their own. A monkey could do that job. He wasn't needed either.
But where was the development where it was needed, the youth structure, the development in the clubs..etc.
Nothing, nothing from FM at all.

Zulu

OM last years votes on TH are good examples of Cork delegates, FM & the CB executive support TH and the clubs endorse this emphatically, the next time Frank and the executive support his removal and the club delegates endorse this emphatically. Now I accept it is quite as simple as that but if you hold an opinion surely you hold regardless of the circumstances, this the delegates didn't do. The clubs are in a difficult position now, they want the players back but to get them back they need to dump Gerald, which they understandably are reluctant to do.  Like I've said before, if the clubs of Cork want to support the appointment of a man clearly incapable of getting the best out of the players then that is their prerogative. But IMO the CCB clearly acted in a way that was sure to damage Cork hurling and the reputation of the GAA, that a paid employee oversaw it is a disgrace to the GAA and an embarrassment to all of us involved in the GAA. The players didn't bring this upon the GAA they merely highlighted the skullduggery that passes for administration in Cork GAA circles.

orangeman

If someone was abusing you a year I'd say it wasn't good enough.
If someone pointed out to you that it wasn't good enough and a year later the abuse was still going on, I'd say it still wasn't good enough.
If the abuse continued for another year or two, and even though it was pointed out to you,I'd still say it wasn't good enough.

If however the abuse continued for the best part of 30 years and it had been constantly pointed out to you what was going on and that something should have been done about it, I'd say that it was your own fault for stiitng back, taking the abuse and not doing something about it.

Same here in Cork - you know the thing's not right and you do not nothing about it.

Whose fault is it really ?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 07:19:38 PM
If someone was abusing you a year I'd say it wasn't good enough.
If someone pointed out to you that it wasn't good enough and a year later the abuse was still going on, I'd say it still wasn't good enough.
If the abuse continued for another year or two, and even though it was pointed out to you,I'd still say it wasn't good enough.

If however the abuse continued for the best part of 30 years and it had been constantly pointed out to you what was going on and that something should have been done about it, I'd say that it was your own fault for stiitng back, taking the abuse and not doing something about it.

Same here in Cork - you know the thing's not right and you do not nothing about it.

Whose fault is it really ?

Oh so FM dictatorship is our fault.
Have we done anything about it, no, not really, only put plasters on gunshot wounds.
But a lot of us haven't had the power to do anything.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on February 20, 2009, 07:17:57 PM
OM last years votes on TH are good examples of Cork delegates, FM & the CB executive support TH and the clubs endorse this emphatically, the next time Frank and the executive support his removal and the club delegates endorse this emphatically. Now I accept it is quite as simple as that but if you hold an opinion surely you hold regardless of the circumstances, this the delegates didn't do. The clubs are in a difficult position now, they want the players back but to get them back they need to dump Gerald, which they understandably are reluctant to do.  Like I've said before, if the clubs of Cork want to support the appointment of a man clearly incapable of getting the best out of the players then that is their prerogative. But IMO the CCB clearly acted in a way that was sure to damage Cork hurling and the reputation of the GAA, that a paid employee oversaw it is a disgrace to the GAA and an embarrassment to all of us involved in the GAA. The players didn't bring this upon the GAA they merely highlighted the skullduggery that passes for administration in Cork GAA circles.

Judging by the performances against both Dublin and Tipp, I'd say Mc Carthy has done a remarkable job. Truly remarkable job considering the little time that he had with them and the age of the players. Young lads.

Appoint Mc Carthy for 5 years and he'll win at least 3 All Irelands with these lads if the progress of the past month is anything to go by.

orangeman

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 07:23:32 PM

Judging by the performances against both Dublin and Tipp, I'd say Mc Carthy has done a remarkable job. Truly remarkable job considering the little time that he had with them and the age of the players. Young lads.

Appoint Mc Carthy for 5 years and he'll win at least 3 All Irelands with these lads if the progress of the past month is anything to go by.

He couldn't get anything out of the 08 panel.

And Dublin are DUblin and we got trashed by them.
Tipp were shocking and we still got trashed by them.

Neither are victories.
He's had months with these players and they can play. There might be 50 plus players who are better then them in the county but they are still reasonably good enoug hurlers.
And they are young, what's your point, there are a lot of young players, young teams out there and they manage to get by.

You've posted some ridiculous things on here, but this by far is really on top of the pile.
QuoteAppoint Mc Carthy for 5 years and he'll win at least 3 All Irelands with these lads if the progress of the past month is anything to go by.
He's had 2 years with 30 of the best hurlers in this county, he's better players available to him then Allen did, and he got no where. Why because of his naive tactics, stupid game plans and ridiculous team choices and subs. Now with the best 30 the hurlers got where they did on their own skill and experience and street wise, that wasn't good enough against KK.
Gerald set it up so that the team played into KK's hands and we still lost by ten points.

Gerald insisted in the old fashioned type puck out plan which was suicidal before the game started.

The players got so far on their own talent..but these 09 lads, they will be slaughtered on their own.

Zulu

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 07:23:32 PM

In order for me to retain any respect for you opinion on anything GAA related I'll just presume that post is deeply, deeply coloured by your views on the Cork issue.

orangeman

Tipp national league champs - Munster champs - the team most likely to topple KK and you dismiss them as shocking - no surprise there.

And Dublin - hammered Galway ??????????? You just dismiss them as being shit on your shoe.

That just about sums up the whole dispute.

He's run Dublin close, scared the complete shit out of Tipp and and you dismiss that as well ? .

And you do say that there's another 50 who are better than the young lads he has at the minute ?

Could you imagine what he'd do if these 50 were available ? He'd have 4 points in the bag by now.

Give him the job for 5 years, not only the next 2.