McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 04:40:28 PM
Maybe the 2008 panel could getter a better deal from Vodafone ??

There's no point saying it's all Frank's fault as well - the clubs voted consistently and as I have said probably will give Mc Carthy the same mandate all over again - I think you'd agree that if it wnet to ywt another vote, Mc Carthy would get the backing of the clubs.

If the clubs have stood up to the CB now as you claim, then surely the strikers ahve achieved their goal and surely now they'll end the strike and disband ?.

But this, all of this, it is Frank's fault and every problem we've had in Cork has been usuall all to do with him.
To remind people HE reappointed a man who the players said they couldn't work with again, the one man in the county that the players didn't want to work with, and what does he do, he reappoints the man while giving false info to the CB.

That alone should be bad enough for anyone. 

The clubs voted in a totally curropted way a lot going against their clubs. The vote means nothing, nor has any vote that has taken place and everyone knows why. Everyone knows it, no one expects anything less then a majority backing whatever FM wants in every vote. If the CB want another vote tonight, unless FM changes his mind, the result will be the same, they'll all vote his way, regardless of what's wrong, what's right, or what their clubs want.
I wouldn't trust many of the CB as far as I could throw them.
It's people within the club that will make the difference but they are not represented by their men they send to the meetings.

The best thing for Cork hurling is for Gerald to go (and eventually for FM and co to go.) Getting, rightfully, rid of Gerald would be something that would be easily done, well compared to getting rid of FM.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 20, 2009, 04:53:38 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 04:40:28 PM
Maybe the 2008 panel could getter a better deal from Vodafone ??

There's no point saying it's all Frank's fault as well - the clubs voted consistently and as I have said probably will give Mc Carthy the same mandate all over again - I think you'd agree that if it wnet to ywt another vote, Mc Carthy would get the backing of the clubs.

If the clubs have stood up to the CB now as you claim, then surely the strikers ahve achieved their goal and surely now they'll end the strike and disband ?.

But this, all of this, it is Frank's fault and every problem we've had in Cork has been usuall all to do with him.
To remind people HE reappointed a man who the players said they couldn't work with again, the one man in the county that the players didn't want to work with, and what does he do, he reappoints the man while giving false info to the CB.

That alone should be bad enough for anyone. 

The clubs voted in a totally curropted way a lot going against their clubs. The vote means nothing, nor has any vote that has taken place and everyone knows why. Everyone knows it, no one expects anything less then a majority backing whatever FM wants in every vote. If the CB want another vote tonight, unless FM changes his mind, the result will be the same, they'll all vote his way, regardless of what's wrong, what's right, or what their clubs want.
I wouldn't trust many of the CB as far as I could throw them.
It's people within the club that will make the difference but they are not represented by their men they send to the meetings.

The best thing for Cork hurling is for Gerald to go (and eventually for FM and co to go.) Getting, rightfully, rid of Gerald would be something that would be easily done, well compared to getting rid of FM.
[/b]

Along with the 2008 panel as well you mean ? They would have to give way as well.

Zulu

No he doesn't, getting the 08 panel back is what this is all about, the vast majority in Cork want the 08 players and hopefully they will be back sooner rather than later.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on February 20, 2009, 05:06:35 PM
No he doesn't, getting the 08 panel back is what this is all about, the vast majority in Cork want the 08 players and hopefully they will be back sooner rather than later.

Of course people would want the 2008 panel back but not at the cost of Mc Carthy getting fired.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 05:27:18 PM

Of course people would want the 2008 panel back but not at the cost of Mc Carthy getting fired.

Oh yes they would. At the end of the day if it was a choice between McCarthy and the players, where do you think the loyalty of the fans lies..in one place, and that's with the players. The players are gaining support by the minute, now Gerald was a legend of a player, but the loyalties of most Cork fans lies with the players, if anything the 10/12000 fans at the march compared to the 1/2000 at the game says it all.

He'd be gotten rid of in a heartbeat if it came down to the fans.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 20, 2009, 05:28:19 PM

Oh yes they would. At the end of the day if it was a choice between McCarthy and the players, where do you think the loyalty of the fans lies..in one place, and that's with the players. The players are gaining support by the minute, now Gerald was a legend of a player, but the loyalties of most Cork fans lies with the players, if anything the 10/12000 fans at the march compared to the 1/2000 at the game says it all.

[/b]

If - isn't it a good job that the so called fans aren't in charge ?

Reillers

I'm worried about the meeting tonight, I can see somehow FM squirming his way out of this, pulling the rug out from the players feet and getting off scott free. He'll go on about the players refusing to agree again, about things being done the democratic way, by the book..etc. No doubt someone like JOS will come out with that.

And no doubt if there's a vote we all know what it'll be (with the exception of a miracle).

88 to 15 or something ridiculous, in favour of whatever FM wants..actually maybe FM will want to make it look a little more even and maybe 70 to 38, it would look more presentable to the press.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 05:36:29 PM

[/b]

If the real members of Cork GAA had a say he'd be out the door. But we don't because of the bent way in which it's run. FM and his minions are in charge and they always get what FM wants.
So no, it's not a good job that they aren't in charge because the alternative is the dictator that is Frank. It's not a good thing at all. The people have no voice because one man is too hell bent and drunk on power, too preoccupied with grabbing power at every oppurtunity possible and serving his needs. 

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 20, 2009, 05:42:12 PM

[/b]

If the real members of Cork GAA had a say he'd be out the door. But we don't because of the bent way in which it's run. FM and his minions are in charge and they always get what FM wants.
So no, it's not a good job that they aren't in charge because the alternative is the dictator that is Frank. It's not a good thing at all. The people have no voice because one man is too hell bent and drunk on power, too preoccupied with grabbing power at every oppurtunity possible and serving his needs. 
[/b]

Just like the way he was in 2004 and 2005 when you were winning All Irelands - just like he was 2 years ago when the footballers got to the AI final in football - like last year when they got to the semi final. You can't have your cake and eat it.

What meeting is on tonight ???

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 05:45:11 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 20, 2009, 05:42:12 PM

[/b]

[/b]

Just like the way he was in 2004 and 2005 when you were winning All Irelands - just like he was 2 years ago when the footballers got to the AI final in football - like last year when they got to the semi final. You can't have your cake and eat it.

What meeting is on tonight ???

In 03, 04, 05 and 06 the players had as little to do with the CB as possible. They had a great set up, them and the manager and backroom team and they managed to cacoon themselves. And though Cork won AIs and Munsters over those years the CB felt and still feel that they had feck all to do with those wins, which is true, not half as much to do with them as FM wanted, so what did FM do to get back the power, break the cycle of the manager-backroom team and put in his man Gerald.
He is responsible for zero development in Cork GAA. How pathetic and sad is it that Croke Park offered a development plan in the county. It says it all. He had nothing to do with the wins.
As for the footballers, like with the hurlers they had an excellent manager and isolated themselves from the CB, how do you think we got as far as we did. Hell besides the 07 inicident, God only knows the last time FM had anything to do with the footballers. They didn't need to isolate themselves from the CB. They don't give a f**k about IC football.

And a special meeting of the board has been called tonight, where I have no doubt, FM will play them like a violin. All I expect to come from that meeting is a ridiculous statement about full backing, democratic way, by the book (ignoring the march, the pathetic numbers at the matches, the proposals..etc) making the
players look bad will be FM's plan for tonight, and something tells me no media will be alowed either. And what are the chances that even more pressure will be put on clubs not to attend the players briefing. 
And if there is a vote, (and if there's not a miracle or if FM doesn't change his mind) the vote will be another whitewash for whatever way FM wants to vote.

Everyone else, the clubs, the players, everyone, all the fans..etc, everyone just needs to keep the pressure on and hold their lines and not break no matter what bullshit comes out of tonights meeting.

Zulu

Look OM, Cork would do well enough if even you were Cork secretary, they have a massive pick and a very strong tradition down there so giving FM credit for their on field achievements is a bit much, especially in football, he is dispised by many football men in Cork because of his attitude to football. Frank has been a very impressive administrator for over 30 years but as the saying goes, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, and Frank has had too much power for too long.

It is probably pointless talking to you as you have never addressed the reason why the CB went against the wishes of the players and now you refuse to acknowledge that some club delegates misrepresented their clubs views, so continue believing what you want to believe maybe Gerald will see out this year but if he does it will be a year lost because hell will freeze over before Cork allow the 09 squad face the firing squad for a second year.

The only truth that really matters here is that you might win something with a poor coach and talented players but you'll never win anything with a good coach and poor players and at the end of the day, every supporter wants the best team playing and they'll do whatever needs to be done to get it.

orangeman

Zulu - I have accepted that delegates can vote the wrong way, citing my own club on occasion and I'd have no doubt that some have gone against the grain here as well.

I am not for one minute attributing FM with any on field success but I find it strange to say the least that as soon as the barren years come along, FM is the devil and both he and the CB executive ( whose chairman is the father of 2 players ) have deliberately set out to scupper Cork's chances of winning. That bit I don't and won't accept.

You've made the point that "hell will freeze over before Cork allow the 09 squad face the firing squad for a second year".

The point that I'm making to you and which has been made by others here is this - if FM and the executive are so evil, so full of hatred, so sly, so cunning, so spiteful and so vindictive, why have Cork people allowed this situation to last for as you say 30 years ??????

Is it only in their old age that FM and Jerry O'Sullivan and co.  have adopted these qualities ???

orangeman

Reillers - enough has been made about allegations of delegates voting against the clubs' wishes by you, by the press and others.

If a vote is taken tonight, supporting the CB / Mc Carthy, and if that vote is in favour of the CB stance and in favour of Mc Carthy staying on, will you accept the vote and say that's it, game over, disband and leave it at that ???.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 20, 2009, 06:19:34 PM
Reillers - enough has been made about allegations of delegates voting against the clubs' wishes by you, by the press and others.

If a vote is taken tonight, supporting the CB / Mc Carthy, and if that vote is in favour of the CB stance and in favour of Mc Carthy staying on, will you accept the vote and say that's it, game over, disband and leave it at that ???.

No not enough has been said about it, it's a disgraceful abuse of power and I cannot, well actually sadly I can, believe that you ignore it just because it doesn't suit yout arguement.

It's like someone running out blindly onto a busy road with you, you're stupid enough to do it twice and not learn from it.

It's been explained upside down, back to front over and over again 100 times to you and still you don't get it, and still you'd run out onto the road.

On the night, despite what the clubs tell them to do, the CB lads vote whichever way FM wants them to vote.
It's like you're trying to justify a fixed election.

Like I said, votes from the CB mean nothing to me and most people, it's predictably one sided before it's even taken, like I said, nothing but a ridiculous result will come from tonight and if there is a vote on something it will be 90 to 13 in favour of FM and afterwards as per usual, someone, probably JOS, will come out with lines like democratic way, by the book..etc.
Everyone knows it's a joke.
And like I said, people, all the GAA in Cork need to stick together and hold their line, do not break the pressure.

How are you not understanding this. I mean really, are you that stuborn, naive or stupid, which one?

Votes from the CB meetings means as much as a fixed ellection does.

orangeman

And like I said, people, all the GAA in Cork need to stick together and hold their line, do not break the pressure

The people that matter will be in the CB meeting tonight - just don't keep going on about how the vote means nothing and whinge about it when it doesn't suit you.

I'll ask you another question :

If at tonight's meeting the delegats vote to sack Mc Carthy and appoint a new manager, will you say in your own words, admit that this vote would mean nothing as it is fixed and is without meaning ? Would you accepts it or look for another vote next Tuesday night ?.