when this is o over and some of the guys go begging gerard for a place a
Surely he must do the decent thng and
Tell them to deck off and play for Fermanagh
Does seanog qualify under the granny rule

;D ;D ;D

slow corner back

Quote from: Reillers on February 13, 2009, 04:22:24 PM
Quote from: Tatler Jack on February 13, 2009, 02:20:04 PM
QuoteAnother little considered possibility is that the 2008 players will follow through and just walk away.

This would have been the honourable, honest and sensible thing to have done at the outset - if they really believed that Ger was not a manager that they wished to work under. Countless players down the years have done that. Instead they confused the issue, challenged the very basis on which the GAA is founded and have contributed to severe damage to cork hurling that they profess to be so passionate about. Was it worth it - not at all. If radical change is needed in Cork GAA you start by getting GAA activistists on your side not alienating and insulting them.

This has been going on for the bones of 7 years. These lads know what's right and what's wrong when it comes to fighting the CB, what's worth it and what's not. They also know what it takes to win and when the CB did what they did they felt they had to stand up to that, and their judgement has been good over the years on and off the pitch. Everything they've fought for has massively improved them or the footballers which was the idea.

Each strike has been worth it in the end.
Should they have to do this, no, if the CB were doing their job, they should be concentrating on on the field work, but instead they have to fight our battles, because that's what it is. It's our fight, they just happen to be the ones who'll fight it.
The clubmen at the CB meeting in large don't reflect the people of the clubs. At the march, which is trying to be shown as an armchair fan march to discredit it, but there I saw a hell lot of people in club gear, faces I knew who'd rarely venture out of the clubs into the city. Real hurling fans. People feel very strongly about things but aren't listened to. The views of the people in the club are not reflected and brought into CB meetings.
Everyone knew what the result of the meeting would be if they were made vote, a landslide victory for FM.
Apparently alot of people were unhappy about being made vote, some had to be "persuaded" some really weren't happy about Gerald..etc.
But when it came to voting, suddenly people weren't so hesitant and surprise, surprise what was it, 88-13. A landslide in favour of FM. We all knew full well that a result like that was coming, why because FM controls every aspect of Cork GAA. Everything and has for years and years.

So when he was humiliated back in 2002 when he was shown for what he is, he never got over that and has been looking to destroy, not build like his job title might suggest, Cork IC hurling. He's an intimidating bully, and I know first hand that some didn't vote on Tuesday because they didn't agree with him but were too afraid to vote against him incase they'd loose the money they needed and such.  

You say that about the players, what about McCarthy, he's a legend he is, but he's not that much of a legend that I'm willing to see Cork hurling being wiped out, he is the reason, because of him, ONE man, we are going to get relegated into the Christy Ring Cup. Because of his pride. He's not a good manager, even the people backing him know that, but he stays, why. Any selfrespecting man would have bolted months ago. This isn't about wanting to manage Cork, he knows full well that he'll never be able to work with these players again, some of the things he said, rumours and lies a lot of the time with no backing or proof were disgraceful, especially about Sean Og, all of which to get the media on his side.
He could have done the "honourable, honest and sensible thing" from the start and walked away, like he said he would, but his feelings were hurt, his pride was wounded so he went back on is word and here are, he dug his heels in and now because of that Cork hurling will be no more, they'll be relegated and though clubs could see some of the best hurling in years it wont matter because the public will have moved on and the footballers in apparently one of our best seasons yet, could miss it.
Because of one man, whatever way you want to phrase it and judge it, he is one man, and that one man is making himself or being made by Fm, bigger then Cork GAA, and because of that, we'll have no footballers this season and our hurlers could will be humiliated and relegated, and they wont win a game this season, but hey, it's all about wearing the jersey not winning according to Gerald.  
I have a lot of respect for him but you got to wonder what the hell he is doing, this seems to be no more then personal gain for him, restoring his pride, Richie Connor walked away for the good of Offaly, you think, well I would have thought that he would have done the same.

Why shouldnt cork be in the christy ring? For three of the last seven years you ( as county players and executive) have behaved like complete assholes if it takes a year playing carlow and mayo to bring all of you to your senses then so be it. Not many all stars or soft jobs for starring against mayo hurlers. No disrespect intended to mayo hurlers who have more genuine love of the GAA than any of the a*seholes curently on show in CORK!!!

Reillers

Quote from: slow corner back on February 13, 2009, 09:02:51 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 13, 2009, 04:22:24 PM
Quote from: Tatler Jack on February 13, 2009, 02:20:04 PM
QuoteAnother little considered possibility is that the 2008 players will follow through and just walk away.

This would have been the honourable, honest and sensible thing to have done at the outset - if they really believed that Ger was not a manager that they wished to work under. Countless players down the years have done that. Instead they confused the issue, challenged the very basis on which the GAA is founded and have contributed to severe damage to cork hurling that they profess to be so passionate about. Was it worth it - not at all. If radical change is needed in Cork GAA you start by getting GAA activistists on your side not alienating and insulting them.

This has been going on for the bones of 7 years. These lads know what's right and what's wrong when it comes to fighting the CB, what's worth it and what's not. They also know what it takes to win and when the CB did what they did they felt they had to stand up to that, and their judgement has been good over the years on and off the pitch. Everything they've fought for has massively improved them or the footballers which was the idea.

Each strike has been worth it in the end.
Should they have to do this, no, if the CB were doing their job, they should be concentrating on on the field work, but instead they have to fight our battles, because that's what it is. It's our fight, they just happen to be the ones who'll fight it.
The clubmen at the CB meeting in large don't reflect the people of the clubs. At the march, which is trying to be shown as an armchair fan march to discredit it, but there I saw a hell lot of people in club gear, faces I knew who'd rarely venture out of the clubs into the city. Real hurling fans. People feel very strongly about things but aren't listened to. The views of the people in the club are not reflected and brought into CB meetings.
Everyone knew what the result of the meeting would be if they were made vote, a landslide victory for FM.
Apparently alot of people were unhappy about being made vote, some had to be "persuaded" some really weren't happy about Gerald..etc.
But when it came to voting, suddenly people weren't so hesitant and surprise, surprise what was it, 88-13. A landslide in favour of FM. We all knew full well that a result like that was coming, why because FM controls every aspect of Cork GAA. Everything and has for years and years.

So when he was humiliated back in 2002 when he was shown for what he is, he never got over that and has been looking to destroy, not build like his job title might suggest, Cork IC hurling. He's an intimidating bully, and I know first hand that some didn't vote on Tuesday because they didn't agree with him but were too afraid to vote against him incase they'd loose the money they needed and such.  

You say that about the players, what about McCarthy, he's a legend he is, but he's not that much of a legend that I'm willing to see Cork hurling being wiped out, he is the reason, because of him, ONE man, we are going to get relegated into the Christy Ring Cup. Because of his pride. He's not a good manager, even the people backing him know that, but he stays, why. Any selfrespecting man would have bolted months ago. This isn't about wanting to manage Cork, he knows full well that he'll never be able to work with these players again, some of the things he said, rumours and lies a lot of the time with no backing or proof were disgraceful, especially about Sean Og, all of which to get the media on his side.
He could have done the "honourable, honest and sensible thing" from the start and walked away, like he said he would, but his feelings were hurt, his pride was wounded so he went back on is word and here are, he dug his heels in and now because of that Cork hurling will be no more, they'll be relegated and though clubs could see some of the best hurling in years it wont matter because the public will have moved on and the footballers in apparently one of our best seasons yet, could miss it.
Because of one man, whatever way you want to phrase it and judge it, he is one man, and that one man is making himself or being made by Fm, bigger then Cork GAA, and because of that, we'll have no footballers this season and our hurlers could will be humiliated and relegated, and they wont win a game this season, but hey, it's all about wearing the jersey not winning according to Gerald.  
I have a lot of respect for him but you got to wonder what the hell he is doing, this seems to be no more then personal gain for him, restoring his pride, Richie Connor walked away for the good of Offaly, you think, well I would have thought that he would have done the same.

Why shouldnt cork be in the christy ring? For three of the last seven years you ( as county players and executive) have behaved like complete assholes if it takes a year playing carlow and mayo to bring all of you to your senses then so be it. Not many all stars or soft jobs for starring against mayo hurlers. No disrespect intended to mayo hurlers who have more genuine love of the GAA than any of the a*seholes curently on show in CORK!!!

For the last 3 years behaved like complete assholes? What a contribution you've made.

Talk about coming in and whinging, bitching and crying. Poor you, was Cork nasty, did we beat you?

Go cry in the corner about big old bad Cork (I'd ask why we were assholes for 3 of the last 7 years but I really don't wanna know) if you're not actually going to contribute to the discussion.

Go bitch somewhere else.

INDIANA

dowling

Reillers have to say in all honesty you're starting to come across badly. You don't know who to target, GMcC or FM. And your radio reception wasn't great? In fact you're beginning to sound like one of the 2008 panel. Everyone else can ackowledge things could have been done differently on both sides but you've become fanatical.
If you're really interested in Cork GAA this mess has to end after this meeting, the players either have to concede or if they get some support take that as some sort of justification for their criticisms but still concede and go back to the clubs to work through the due process to change the wrongs they see.
But as for yourself Reillers you need to stop the spin that the 2008 panel are whiter than white and remember that while there is thirty on last year's panel it's only a drop in the ocean to the amount of hurlers in Cork.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on February 13, 2009, 11:32:09 PM
Reillers you neve bitch, whinge or cry do you? ;) ;) ;)
On topic though and usually stress oriented thanks to you and your friends.  :D :D

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on February 14, 2009, 12:14:23 AM
Reillers have to say in all honesty you're starting to come across badly. You don't know who to target, GMcC or FM. And your radio reception wasn't great? In fact you're beginning to sound like one of the 2008 panel. Everyone else can ackowledge things could have been done differently on both sides but you've become fanatical.
If you're really interested in Cork GAA this mess has to end after this meeting, the players either have to concede or if they get some support take that as some sort of justification for their criticisms but still concede and go back to the clubs to work through the due process to change the wrongs they see.
But as for yourself Reillers you need to stop the spin that the 2008 panel are whiter than white and remember that while there is thirty on last year's panel it's only a drop in the ocean to the amount of hurlers in Cork.

Me come across badly says the great conspiracist. Donal Og coughs and blinks..it most be a message to Dessie, ready the troops.

Radio reception in an underground carpark isn't great last time I checked.

I blame both sides, CB for being the CB and Gerald McCarthy for being so selfish. At least that's on topic, I don't rant paranoia about the GPA every second possible like some.
Why should it be down the players to stop it, it's the CB's fault and if they concede to this we'll be here next season or the season after with another problem based on the same thing.
I NEVER once said the panel are whiter then white. Everyone has made mistakes here, do I think that they are the only ones who seem to want to play and win, yes, do I think the others are chasing other motives like a wounded ego, pride and want of revenge, yes. Does that mean they are whiter then white? Not at all.
Ya the 30 of this panel and then you've got those who left down the years, all just as unhappy with the CB as the players there now and the same can be said for the footballers. But no according to you it's all the players fault, the fact that 4 strings of hurlers refuse to play has nothing to do with FM and the way he runs things and the fact that in a year where they could actually win the thing the footballers, 30 of them are willing to strike. Sure that's all down to the players and their attitude.
And yet also while they might be a drop in the ocean of hurlers, they are the best 60 plus that we have at IC level.

Uladh

Quote from: dowling on February 14, 2009, 12:14:23 AM

This thread is in a bad state.

There are very few fellas making balanced contributions here or actually analysing other people's posts. az is almost on his own!

Realrebel, dowling, reillers, etc. you guys should really give it up as you're not saying anything new nor are you helping the rest of us follow the situation with spamming us with mostly unrelated and unhelpful stuff.

As someone who approaches this with a leaning towards the players, i am dismayed t how many people, who are consistently clamboring for a higher position on the ladder of gaeldom, find it easy and acceptable to personally insult and tell blatant lies about the cork hurlers (or Gerald McCarthy) in a bid to discredit their current stance by association.

Whichever side you stand on this argument if you cannot accept that these players are going down the route the are because they believe it to be right for the cork senior hurling team, now and in the future, then you really are living in a bubble. you may believe that their actions are stupid, misguided or plain wrong but to claim financial or authority incentives is ridiculous if you have followed the cork soap opera at all over the last 10 years.

INDIANA

Thanks for that considered opinion Uladh. I don't see where you were appointed with the moral high ground to call somebody else a liar. But I suppose you generally think you operate on ahigher plane to anyone else. On that basis your comments aren't surprising.

Uladh

Now now Indiana, play the ball and not the man. I could start quoting some of your previous contributions to this board, which seemed to be intended for some comedy award or other - we all have a good chuckle at your laughable contributions to anything associated with crossmaglen.

Telling lies is not to be condoned in any walk of life and i am astonished that you think there is some moral superiority atached to not telling lies.

dowling

This is quite a lengthy thread Uladh and that combined with the nature of these boards I suppose makes repitition unavoidable. However maybe I missed the bit where your credentials to be able to make judgement were outlined.
We all lean one way or another, even AZ. Regardless of what you believe about the players you have to deal with the here and now which is what most of us had moved onto but which you seemed to have missed. Or is there just a little bit of mischief making there?

realrebel

found this petition online in support of gerald mc carthy
come on lads sign it if you support him
coz there is one for the players too

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/germac

Reillers

It's beyond the players v McCarthy.
It's the players v the CB (and a by-product, Gerald McCarthy)

People mistake it as a McCarthy v the players, it's not. It's all about the CB and players at the end of the day. And I can't see how any true Cork fan can support the board, I honestly can't it's been evident for years that they are ripping Cork GAA apart and not just at IC level.
You know yourself RealRebel take a look around at the youth structure, the club scenes, the fixtures, our home ground, EVERYTHING is shambles, you know it, I know it, everyone in Cork knows it and the longer it continues the less hurleys and footballs we'll see and the more rugby balls and soccer balls.
How in the world can any Cork fan back FM. I genuinely can't understand. There are some major problems in Cork GAA and it's not just at IC scene, that is a major fight that is distracting us from the matters at club scene and grassroots.

If a Cork fan signs that, it's like writting RIP on the gravestone of Cork GAA. These are the boys that will want to make kids play, the amount of young lads I know trying to be like Shane O Neill or Pa, and then you've got the lads out after the Galway match trying to hit the ball over the bar like Deane did with the hurley held upside down.

These lads have strived and been brilliant despite of the CB over the years, it's clear as day the only thing that FM cares about is control and revenge, and money.
It's a matter now of which one he prefers more because he can't have both and the GAA will feel it just as hard in the pocket.
Because anytime Cork play, no one outnumers them.

This isn't about Gerald v the players, it was at the start a bit because Gerald made it so, but this is clearly a winner takes all CB v players.
No young lad will pick up a hurley because Gerald's view of players not having a veto and because of which they're playing, not to win, but just for the sake of it. Not the most motivating speech to young lads. The Christy Ring Cup is a tempting offer compared to the HC and the Premiership.
So if Gerald (the CB) wins this morale victory, we'll loose a hell lot of potential players.

We need to get behind the women, they are fantasic players, both camogie and football, they'd run rings around a lot of mens IC teams, spend money on them, not the CB's team.
It doesn't matter who's fault it is, rightly or wrongly the players loose this fight and we loose a generation of hurlers.  

If you support McCarthy on this one, all you are doing is supporting a temporary battering ram who is being used to fight their county boards battle, who'll be swept a side in a heartbeat the minute this goes pear shape.
IF you sign that petition, you are signing your support for the CB who has been responsible strike after strike, and you are aproving of the job they are doing with the clubs and for the life of me I can't see why any Cork fan would support that.

This isn't about McCarthy anymore, it never really was. The mans a pawn and he can't even see it, I cannot believe that a man of his standing is that unbelievably naive to think otherwise. No one thinks he's a good manager and that includes the CB. And genuinely can't believe that he thinks otherwise. Never would I have put him for being that gullable and that naive and that easily used.
It stopped being about McCarthy a long time ago and for the life of me I can't see how he can't see that.

Like I said, you sign that petition, you're signing the death warrant for Cork GAA. Obviously the petition means little in the sense that it's just some net petition, but in princepal, backing them, backing the board is like signing the death warrant of Cork GAA.

INDIANA

Your not in semple stadium reillers? Probably not in pairc either much
tipp 0-5 cork 0-4. after 30 mins .