McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on February 13, 2009, 04:22:24 PM
Quote from: Tatler Jack on February 13, 2009, 02:20:04 PM
QuoteAnother little considered possibility is that the 2008 players will follow through and just walk away.

This would have been the honourable, honest and sensible thing to have done at the outset - if they really believed that Ger was not a manager that they wished to work under. Countless players down the years have done that. Instead they confused the issue, challenged the very basis on which the GAA is founded and have contributed to severe damage to cork hurling that they profess to be so passionate about. Was it worth it - not at all. If radical change is needed in Cork GAA you start by getting GAA activistists on your side not alienating and insulting them.

he has been looking to destroy, not build like his job title might suggest, Cork IC hurling.

Here was me thinking that there are hundreds of fixtures played every week in Cork and that Frank Murphy was responsible for ensuring they're played and that Intercounty games are merely the icing on the cake.

Shows what I know..

imtommygunn

Despite being a weakened team Reillers that team would not go to Christy Ring. It's a big jump and I'm not sure with hurling structures the way they are they could do it in a year. They could definitely do it in two but Cork hurling, even with fringe players, is strong enough to avoid that.

realrebel

reillers
did you hear the players on 96fm today
they lied again to the public in trying to get the support
they said gardiner had a few meetings with gerald mc carthy since the dispute started
gerald rang in and said the only time gardiner met gerald was the night before he was elected
the players tried to come up with a answer but couldnt
then the chairman gerry came and you could hear the player laughing when he was talking
what was that all about?
then donal og said none of the 2008 panel are members of the gpa
what the f**k donal og is on the committee
gerry o sullivan said there was no point in the chairmen meeting the players because geralds position is not going to come up again

NAG

Think the signs of pressure are starting to show on the players arguement and that maybe it hasnt been as cut and dried for them as them would lead us to believe.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on February 13, 2009, 04:29:42 PM
reillers
did you hear the players on 96fm today
they lied again to the public in trying to get the support
they said gardiner had a few meetings with gerald mc carthy since the dispute started
gerald rang in and said the only time gardiner met gerald was the night before he was elected Says Gearld.
the players tried to come up with a answer but couldnt
then the chairman gerry came and you could hear the player laughing when he was talking
what was that all about? I'm not a mind reader
then donal og said none of the 2008 panel are members of the gpa I didn't hear that bit.
what the f**k donal og is on the committee
gerry o sullivan said there was no point in the chairmen meeting the players because geralds position is not going to come up again Why because God forbid the players manager to have an impact.
[/color]

realrebel

reillers
prenderville asked them straight out if they ever met with gerald and they said they did the night before he was elected
gardiner said on the show he met a few times when gerald came on they were stuck for words and donal og changed the subject
they are f**king liars plain and simple
if you dont believe me about the gpa membership go look on rebel gaa

AZOffaly

I presume technically there could be truth in that. If the players are not currently inter county players, and are not yet retired either, are the actually GPA members? It appears as if the GPA are holding the line that there is no Inter County team in Cork that they recognise.

realrebel

but isnt he on the committee?
so that makes him a member does it not

heineken_on_tap

Ideally Dessie should issue a statement saying they are no longer welcome in the GPA anymore even if they do make a return - just so the players are clear where they stand and provide another twist to this  :D

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on February 13, 2009, 04:49:55 PM
reillers
prenderville asked them straight out if they ever met with gerald and they said they did the night before he was elected
gardiner said on the show he met a few times when gerald came on they were stuck for words and donal og changed the subject
they are f**king liars plain and simple
if you dont believe me about the gpa membership go look on rebel gaa

So because a few times and someone else said once that makes them fuckin liars?
What about Gerald telling them that he wouldn't go for the job if the players didn't want him to, and then he did. Or how about saying that he's never heard of anyone being annoyed or disatisfied about training in the second season and that nobody went to him and told him or that Cathal O Reilly wasn't there to mediated at all but to motivate.
All of the above we know is bullshit. Everyone knew otherwise.
Or when Gerald was confronted about leaking the document and answering no comment.
He's a saint, but because they said once and someone else said a few times well they'll burn in hell those bloody liars right?

I never said I didn't believe you about the GPA bit, I just said I didn't hear it, reception was slighty awful.

AZOffaly

Quote from: realrebel on February 13, 2009, 05:00:28 PM

But is he still on the committee at this stage? He was, but maybe he is 'out' while this is going on, technically at least.

realrebel

it does make them liars they said they met to try to resolve the situation with gerald since this this all started
fact is reillers they never did once met him after he was elected manager
that makes them liars in anyones books

realrebel

then why did donal og send a letter to all his comrades in the gpa
someone quoted dessis on the rebel gaa site saying that in fact the 2008 panel are still in the gpa

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2009, 05:06:26 PM
Quote from: realrebel on February 13, 2009, 05:00:28 PM

But is he still on the committee at this stage? He was, but maybe he is 'out' while this is going on, technically at least.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on February 13, 2009, 05:08:50 PM
it does make them liars they said they met to try to resolve the situation with gerald since this this all started
fact is reillers they never did once met him after he was elected manager
that makes them liars in anyones books

And you know that for a fact?
Did they not say, can't say for sure because like I said the reception wasn't the best where I was listening to it, but wasn't what they said was that the players did say that they had offered to meet Gerald and the CCB, all 30 players, and it was refused.
How do you know that's not true?

And you are so quick to call these men f**king liars I presume you mean the same for Gerald as well then?

Tatler Jack

QuoteBut is he still on the committee at this stage? He was, but maybe he is 'out' while this is going on, technically at least.

AZ you should remember that the OhAters are more interested in the spirit of things than technical niceties. Thats why they are on strike!!!!