McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 12, 2009, 03:28:52 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 12, 2009, 03:25:53 PM
The Cork 2008 panel contact the membership of the GPA and this isn't "a movement in the involvement of the GPA"? What is it then?

Would you like to address that bit?

Quote from: The GAA on February 12, 2009, 03:22:04 PM
one constituant part of the membership communicates with the rest, big deal?

did i miss the involvment of the GPA leadership, executive or spokesman? did you leave that out of your original post by mistake?

Considering this is the first time the 2008 panel have contacted other members of the GPA how can this not be"a movement in the involvement of the GPA"? Never mind Dessie or anyone else  

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 12, 2009, 03:32:55 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 12, 2009, 03:27:33 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 12, 2009, 03:19:04 PM
Don't let yourself down here - if I had said any body else they might not have believed it but Sean Og's name in this connection would not have raised an eyebrow. Isn't that right ?  ;)

And seeing as you're trying to provide a bit of cover, you're going to have to substantiate any claims you make yourself from now on !  ;) ;D

I knew absolutely that it was Sean og that was involved - anyone who follows hurling would - but you didn't.

Quote one claim i've made that i didn't stand over when required to do so. Don't judge others by your own rathole standards and take as long as you like....

You really are a smart lad ! That's very sensible indeed - you're surpassing yourself now in this one - stop whilst you're behind. I mention his name and you have to ask the question. Most people would have known it was Sean Og - he gets the lions share as you know. As I said I just hope he leaves a few crumbs for the rest - sure he can afford not to take anything on his wee trips up to help you lads out !!

I take from that that you will not be citing anything which questions my credability ?

as an aside - how much do you think the cork and other munster county lads get for travelling up to take coaching sessions in the north?

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 12, 2009, 03:36:59 PM
Don't let yourself down here - if I had said any body else they might not have believed it but Sean Og's name in this connection would not have raised an eyebrow. Isn't that right ?  ;)

And seeing as you're trying to provide a bit of cover, you're going to have to substantiate any claims you make yourself from now on !  ;) ;D

I knew absolutely that it was Sean og that was involved - anyone who follows hurling would - but you didn't.

Quote one claim i've made that i didn't stand over when required to do so. Don't judge others by your own rathole standards and take as long as you like....

You really are a smart lad ! That's very sensible indeed - you're surpassing yourself now in this one - stop whilst you're behind. I mention his name and you have to ask the question. Most people would have known it was Sean Og - he gets the lions share as you know. As I said I just hope he leaves a few crumbs for the rest - sure he can afford not to take anything on his wee trips up to help you lads out !!

I take from that that you will not be citing anything which questions my credability ?

as an aside - how much do you think the cork and other munster county lads get for travelling up to take coaching sessions in the north?
[/b]

Can you clarify that ?

Do you mean directly or indirectly ?

Officially or unofficially ??

Perhaps you'll tell us ?

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on February 12, 2009, 03:36:02 PM
Considering this is the first time the 2008 panel have contacted other members of the GPA how can this not be"a movement in the involvement of the GPA"? Never mind Dessie or anyone else  

we'll leave aside that we don't know this is the first time.

I conclude that there is no official GPA involvement suggested because, as i have already said, there is no contribution, qoute or source attributable to the GPA CEO, the GPA Executive nor a GPA Spokesman.

what suggests anything other than a memo from one strand of an organisation to an other to you?

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on February 12, 2009, 03:29:51 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 12, 2009, 03:24:59 PM

Again, i really shouldn't but just for the sake of logic...

Quote from: orangeman on February 12, 2009, 03:15:41 PM
Dessie didn't get a piece of the action then,  but he's made up for it since and if he gets his way down in Cork, he'll get an awful lot more.

More than the memberships of the Cork 2009 panel are worth I reckon !  ;)

Small change really.

How will the eventuality that Gerald McCarthy is removed as cork hurling manager enable dessie farrell to earn money?

do you mean dessie farrell as an individual or the GPA as an organisation?
[/b]

Both - the GPA want to become the equivalent of the PFA - You can't say that the GPA aren't involved in this dispute, whether directly or indirectly, whether covertly or overtly. Player power can reap rich rewards later on down the line. Club Energise could be at risk. Powerade might take over.

Peter Taylor - head of the PFA- is one of the highest paid Union officials in the world

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on February 12, 2009, 03:41:36 PM

Dessie didn't get a piece of the action then,  but he's made up for it since and if he gets his way down in Cork, he'll get an awful lot more.

Small change really.

How will the eventuality that Gerald McCarthy is removed as cork hurling manager enable dessie farrell to earn money?

[/b]

Both - the GPA want to become the equivalent of the PFA - You can't say that the GPA aren't involved in this dispute, whether directly or indirectly, whether covertly or overtly. Player power can reap rich rewards later on down the line. Club Energise could be at risk. Powerade might take over.

Peter Taylor - head of the PFA- is one of the highest paid Union officials in the world

Lovely.

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 12, 2009, 03:39:54 PM

[/b]

Can you clarify that ?

Do you mean directly or indirectly ?

Officially or unofficially ??

Perhaps you'll tell us ?

Directly, indirectly, under the table, over the table, any way you like its all the same.

we pay finance their travel and accomodation (usually someone's spare room).

thats it. If you're questioning that you're questioning the very soul of what keeps hurling going in ours and other areas of the country

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on February 12, 2009, 03:41:36 PM

Small change really.

[/b]

Head of the highest paid per head union in the world.

how do the two equate?

heffo

I've heard varying stories on this (some travelling long distances for nothing)  but the treasurer of a leading West Waterford club confirmed to me personally that when he contacted one leading member of the strikers to present medals last summer he was referred to the players agent who quoted a four figure sum.

JBM did it for nothing.

The GAA

In my time organising it, we've had as many as 10 different members of the 08 team up. money has never even been mentioned.

Someone might be good enough to post up the recent letter to the papers from one of the down county board officials outlining what donal og and the rock have done for hurling in the newry area?

The GAA

OM - there are some glaring issues you could be picking hole in here but you don't, nor will you, see them.

seriously, stop wasting my time having to answer the banal questions you crayon onto the screen every couple of minutes.

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 12, 2009, 03:41:04 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 12, 2009, 03:36:02 PM

we'll leave aside that we don't know this is the first time.

I conclude that there is no official GPA involvement suggested because, as i have already said, there is no contribution, qoute or source attributable to the GPA CEO, the GPA Executive nor a GPA Spokesman.

what suggests anything other than a memo from one strand of an organisation to an other to you?

GAA, with respect, you're either very, very naive or just enjoy sparring.
What will happen if the weekend meeting achieves nothing for the 2008 panel? Will they say that's it over and walk away or make themselves available or will they say the thousands of marchers justifies them continuing their fight? If it's the latter what would be their next course of action? Another march perhaps? A petition of high profile Cork people? Wait on the footballers? Or even ask the footballers to strike immediately? Picket the county matches? Try to use the GPA and its membership perhaps? What seems most logical to you if they want to carry on?
And before you reply think about it.

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 12, 2009, 03:47:47 PM

In my time organising it, we've had as many as 10 different members of the 08 team up. money has never even been mentioned.

Someone might be good enough to post up the recent letter to the papers from one of the down county board officials outlining what donal og and the rock have done for hurling in the newry area?

That is accepted alright and I've no doubt that what you're saying about the lads coming up for nothing is right. But because they do and have done this for you, might that have led you to defend their honour on here in the manner that you have ??

But do you accept also that there are occasions where four figure sums are quoted through their agents for medal presenting ceremonies ?

Uladh

You lads are getting nowhere with a largely irrelevent argument.

For those of you who wish it were, this is not a GPA issue.

Even if the GPA were to try to involve their membership, and there's no way they will, it'd simply be a move of solidarity.

Anyone who claims this is a GPA move against the establishment is off the Planet.

Certainly there are high profile GPA members caught up in this but noone is claiming that the national trophy sellers union have their murky hands on it

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on February 12, 2009, 03:56:41 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 12, 2009, 03:47:47 PM

But do you accept also that there are occasions where four figure sums are quoted through their agents for medal presenting ceremonies ?

In the interests of fairness though, some Dublin panelists accept token sums (€100-150) for presenting medals within the county and one former leading Tyrone player was haggling over an appearance fee at a fundraiser in Edendork (fundraiser to raise funds to rebuild the clubhouse that was burnt down) until his final offer was rejected - even Charlie Redmond did it for nothing (but some in Tyrone might say he owes them that for '95!)