McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on February 10, 2009, 09:42:04 PM
a vote is now taking place by the delagates as weather they want to keep gerald on

A "Vote" ya, we all know what the result will be before it's even taken. 87 to 13 or something in favour of Frank Murphy, I mean, ya in favour of his view whatever that is.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on February 10, 2009, 09:41:49 PM
Cork panel call meeting 'to decide what is to be done'

10/02/2009 - 18:54:45[/b]

The Cork Senior Hurling panel 2008 has tonight called for a meeting of club chairpersons to discuss the recent crisis.

A statement from the panel said the purpose of the gathering is to "ensure that the GAA clubs of Cork have a chance to obtain first-hand information as to the current difficulties so that they can brief their clubs and members accordingly."

The chairperson and one other club member of every hurling and/or football club in Co Cork can meet the players on Sunday, February 15 at the Maryborough House Hotel, Douglas, Cork at 7pm.

This, according to the statement, "will allow the clubs of Cork to decide what is to be done".

Attendees have been asked to ensure that they have personal and club I.D. available for inspection.

Will the strikers walk away if they don't get the support of the chairmen?

realrebel

well reillers no point in saying it to me talk to your delagate and ask him why he didnt vote the way you wanted to
i mean everyone of them cannot be cowards and be afraid of a 65 year old come on now reillers
do you not think they might autually support him
just because you get 10,000 on the streets were any delagates at the march?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Reillers on February 10, 2009, 09:38:12 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 10, 2009, 08:55:43 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 10, 2009, 08:39:56 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 10, 2009, 08:35:51 PM
Quote from: realrebel on February 10, 2009, 08:31:59 PM
wasnt he at the players press conference holding the mic for the players the other week
and is he best of buddies with donal og
wonder why he left it till now to quit?

Can we get this confirmed? If this is true, and I emphasise IF, then it puts an entirely different spin on matters
It was said on the Echo and also a long with it a glowing report of the man himself by McCarthy. He has kept his tounge and continued to work with the 09 players and do his job brilliantly or whatever it is Gerald says. He says he's respect for Gerald and he's good friends with the likes of JOS.  I don't see how it would change things at all.

Well it kinda neutralises his comments so. But, and with all due respect, he is still only the kitman. It shows the vacuum that exists when his every word is being dissected

Does it, he got on with the players as well as Gerald, you only had to read what Gerald said in the paper about him to see that. I don't see how him being there or not, throwing the mic around the place makes things any different.
His opinion is still the same, whether he was there or not, just well it confirms his opinions on the situation more. He obviously has them for a reason.

Course it neutralises it. One night he was working with the strikers, helping them with their press-conference. The next he was helping lay out training gear for the 2009 panel, under Gerald McCarthy's regime. You can't have your cake and eat it. He obviously saw this eventually. But his comments carry less weight than I initially gave them credit for. Why? Because he's not someone who has come from nowhere and said the players were right, he was obviously always involved with them. Attending that press conference was very poor judgement. But I don't think his comments carry that much value. As I say, his links neutralise his comments
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Kerry Mike

QuoteAttendees have been asked to ensure that they have personal and club I.D. available for inspection.

If any club chairmen actually arrive at this meeting of the ex-players will they be stopped from entering if they dont have the 2 forms of ID. And who is paying for the refreshments at the Maryborough House , drinks , a cupan of tae and a few ham sandwiches do not come cheap there.

BTW on a serious note I'd say many of the real dedicated Cork hurling club members (Reillers ??) and officers will be attending Croke Park on Sunday afternoon to cheer on their fellow county men from Dripsey and Blarney in the Junior and Intermediate All Ireland finals. Looks like the 2008 players wont be supporting the clubs though or did they even know the games were on this Sunday evening in Dublin, will be interesting to see how many clubs attend the ex-players meeting.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

realrebel

gerald wins the vote 84 to 13
something like that anyway

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on February 10, 2009, 10:30:31 PM
gerald wins the vote 84 to 13
something like that anyway

A majority vote..never.

Quote87 to 13
Have to say wasn't too far off myself. These men are predictable and jokes.

heffo

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 10, 2009, 10:33:54 PM
Ah well that's that then, case closed :P

Stall the digger - did you not see the texts that flew into FM103 at the weekend?

realrebel

but reillers these men are from your club my club
the clubs had to have talked about a vote coming up so they knew it was coming

The GAA

Lads, we're getting nowhere with this debate. fellas on both sides are unwilling to make and accept reasonable points in good faith.
i'll be taking my leave from it and hope it works out.

before i go Orangeman, i want a retraction and an apology for the shite you posted earlier....

Quote from: The GAA on February 10, 2009, 04:11:04 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 09, 2009, 09:29:13 AM
Quote from: orangeman on February 09, 2009, 09:18:29 AM
GAA - You've got a history of abstentionism,

no i don't

GAA - come from a glorious a rich hurling tradition,

no i don't

GAA -  have met up with the strikers on a copule of occasions round the club ( which apparently has bestowed wonderous insight into the dispute - one side only of course )

never spoken to any of those lads about this dispute

GAA - so why don't you take a wee drive down there and solve it if you're that intelligent ?

Its only you who says that i am intelligent - all the time actually.
why do you keep insisting on other people driving down and sorting out the problem?

GAA - Or maybe you'd just prefer to drive up and down the road past the field just like the eejit you made you of yourself before and are semingly quite prepared to do again ???

what the hell are you talking about?

What you fail to realise is that the GAA in Cork and every other part of the country will continue

You'll have to point out where i even inferred that this would not be the case. making stuff up again? tut tut

just like it did when you and yours were going round talking to yourselves and kicking stones round the house when your club was playing.
But then again, what else can you say ? You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

now you really are making stuff up.

Is that a record for the most wrong assumptions and lies in the one post?

You really should stop posting about me, read about the issues this thread relates to (rather than copying & pasting) and postr about the actual subject matter. if you can.

Ahem

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on February 10, 2009, 10:46:46 PM
but reillers these men are from your club my club
the clubs had to have talked about a vote coming up so they knew it was coming

Knew it was coming ya..that I did know. They're so predictable. And I know people going in there, I'm sure you do as well or at least have heard of it, who don't vote the way their clubs want them to.

You know as well as I do how corropt it is in there. There's never any debate. it's always 88-3, 103-4, 88-13..etc. You know as well as I do how it works in there.
They've no balls. Gerald still having the job is a disgrace and there's no logic in it..I wonder if somebody brought up Offaly, any other county would have sorted this long ago, any other county there's no way he'd still be in the job.

cicfada

That date for the meeting rules out our chairman and Dripsey's  chairman! Finally they extended the invitation anyway!  All that will happen will be the chairman to go back to their clubs and have it discussed there, opening up more wounds I am afraid!

realrebel

well from what i heard nobody gave gerald a hard time at the meeting

cicfada

What about Dessie Farrell's timing though? So much for the GPA not being involved or taking sides huh? Disgraceful intervention on his part, those young lads should be allowed join the GPA, are they not intercounty players, regardless of whether you think they should be or not?? I'd say Donal Og isn't too happy with  Dessie now! Talk about letting the cat out of the bag! I didn't believe that the GPA had much to do with this situation before but now thanks to Dessie I am not too sure!

http://www.tv3.ie/sport.php?request=&tv3_preview=&video=5498