McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Quote from: stevetharlear on February 08, 2009, 12:35:49 AM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on February 08, 2009, 12:02:45 AM
Quote from: orangeman on February 07, 2009, 06:06:39 PM
What was the story Reillers ?

Was the man with the sombrero there today ? He's usually very vocal. What side is he on ? His view would be interesting.

Are you for the match tomorow Reillers ?
The same boyo who we seen on the news there hugging Gerald Mac, with his hangers-on in tow, after the Clare game last year? No doubt he was there today, pure attention-seeker.
He's a Cork fan, what would you expect him to be doing after a great win? Ur some eejit all the same.
Who, me or him?

Wouldn't be bothered about it really, but it was right after the final whistle had gone, he was there primed for the cameras to capture him, that's why I mentioned it.

Seems Donal Óg was caught out with the whole 'veto' thing on the radio this morning, proper order too.

longrunsthefox

It won't make any difference who manages the hurlers or footballers. kilkenny and Kerry will whoop them again...time the players  accepted responsibility for their own ineptess in recent yaers.

realrebel

10,000 or 12,000 for a county of over 350,000
thats not great looking at the population of cork
especialy when the hurlers wanted the public to turn out
where are the rest of the county?

orangeman

antigpa

As a Corkman I know how easy it is to easy to raise the masses, by nature the Cork psyche is anti establishment its one of individualism seperatism tis what makes a rebel.  However and I have held my stance on this until now but the manipulation of the situation by the hurling team makes me hold them beyond contempt.  I now believe that the situation is a test case for GPA, on how much they can get away with.  For every (and who gave the crowd figures at 12 - Donal Og?) 12000 Cork men that would march against the format, composition and ideals of the GAA ther'll be 4 times as many would march for it.  The guys who marched yesterday were fans yesterday, but are they clubmen, grassroots guys, no they are the type of people who think the GAA exists to serve the Cork senior hurling panel (o8)  - just like the 30 on it.  Is the GAA  not about serving the greater ideal than serving the self, Is the GAA not about com mitting to a county club or national cause without serving self.  The same lad di das that organised this strijke were prepared to strike before - one of the alleged  items on the agenda who would carry their kitbags onto the buses.  A greater shower of divas you could never meet - most of the older guys they havent a hope in hell of winning another all ireland medal  and any hurling man would tell you the same but they are trying to go out with a bang and take as mnay weak minded individuals with them in the biggest show of GPA might this country will ever seen.    Their tongue reminds me of the DUP in the 70s and 80s full of imagery, fervour and passion that can appeal to some but barely masks an underlying nastiness that spells danger for every right thinking Gael.   

Zulu

Quote from: antigpa on February 08, 2009, 01:19:06 PM
As a Corkman I know how easy it is to easy to raise the masses, by nature the Cork psyche is anti establishment its one of individualism seperatism tis what makes a rebel.  However and I have held my stance on this until now but the manipulation of the situation by the hurling team makes me hold them beyond contempt.  I now believe that the situation is a test case for GPA, on how much they can get away with.  For every (and who gave the crowd figures at 12 - Donal Og?) 12000 Cork men that would march against the format, composition and ideals of the GAA ther'll be 4 times as many would march for it.  The guys who marched yesterday were fans yesterday, but are they clubmen, grassroots guys, no they are the type of people who think the GAA exists to serve the Cork senior hurling panel (o8)  - just like the 30 on it.  Is the GAA  not about serving the greater ideal than serving the self, Is the GAA not about com mitting to a county club or national cause without serving self.  The same lad di das that organised this strijke were prepared to strike before - one of the alleged  items on the agenda who would carry their kitbags onto the buses.  A greater shower of divas you could never meet - most of the older guys they havent a hope in hell of winning another all ireland medal  and any hurling man would tell you the same but they are trying to go out with a bang and take as mnay weak minded individuals with them in the biggest show of GPA might this country will ever seen.    Their tongue reminds me of the DUP in the 70s and 80s full of imagery, fervour and passion that can appeal to some but barely masks an underlying nastiness that spells danger for every right thinking Gael.   

Well fair dues to you, you've managed to tick every box that marks you out as the worst type of anti-players poster. You arrogantly and without any foundation dismiss 12,000 people as 'sunshine' supporters, and you accuse the Cork panel (all 30) of doing this as some kind of test case for the GPA, give me a break, all without any evidence or even logic of course.

The GAA

Easy to mobilize the masses?

i wonder how many would march for frank and the county board?

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 08, 2009, 02:14:05 PM

Easy to mobilize the masses?

i wonder how many would march for frank and the county board?

100,000 ?? Who knows ? It's unlikely to be put to the test.

antigpa reckons for every marcher yesterday, there'd be 4 pro board marchers  - all speculation of course.

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on February 08, 2009, 01:51:24 PM

Well fair dues to you, you've managed to tick every box that marks you out as the worst type of anti-players poster. You arrogantly and without any foundation dismiss 12,000 people as 'sunshine' supporters, and you accuse the Cork panel (all 30) of doing this as some kind of test case for the GPA, give me a break, all without any evidence or even logic of course.

Of course there's logic Zula, you and others just have a problem applying it to this situation.
Firstly do you not think the GPA are keenly following events?
And do you believe if they are it's only out of concern for Cork GAA?
Is there no way the GPA might be looking at how any outcome might affect their standing?
If none of these questions are relevent why are they giving advice?

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on February 08, 2009, 12:42:06 PM
10,000 or 12,000 for a county of over 350,000
thats not great looking at the population of cork
especialy when the hurlers wanted the public to turn out
where are the rest of the county?

12,000 on a freezing cold day, where there was a lot of snow in a lot of parts of the county, people had to go all the way in to the city, clashing with the start of the 6 Nations.
It's a good number, a very good number.

350,000 you never, you physically can't, get that many people at a game.

I gurantee you that's a hell lot more that are up at the game now.2000 they were saying..where's the rest of the county, a very poor turn out for a county of 350,000 right? Loosing 3-4 to 7 points at half time to Dublin.

This march, this wasn't about anti Gerald, this was anti CB and I really can't see how you back them. Whatever you feel about the players, no matter how much you hate them, the CB are a joke and a disgrace to the GAA, surely you can see that.

Zulu

What logic is there? Are you seriously suggesting that the Cork players are on strike just to see how things will pan out from a GPA point of view? But I'll answer your questions anyway;

1. Of course the GPA are following the situation closely, so what?

2. The represent the IC players of Cork, so I'd imagine their concern is with them only and considering their remit that is entirely acceptable.
organ
3. Like any organisation they will always consider how an event might affect them but since this issue is about how the CCB go about their business and not really player welfare there isn't much reason for the GPA to intervene and therefore regardless of how this pans out the GPA will neither gain or lose.

4. I haven't read anywhere that they are giving advice but even if they are, they are simply giving advise to some of their members on a situation they find themselves in.

There is nothing sinister going on here with the GPA no matter how many times you,. without any evidence I might add, suggest there is.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on February 08, 2009, 02:33:25 PM
Quote from: Zulu on February 08, 2009, 01:51:24 PM

Of course there's logic Zula, you and others just have a problem applying it to this situation.
Firstly do you not think the GPA are keenly following events?
And do you believe if they are it's only out of concern for Cork GAA?
Is there no way the GPA might be looking at how any outcome might affect their standing?
If none of these questions are relevent why are they giving advice?

You're paranoia is ridiculous.
Of course they're following it closely, the entire country is following it closely.
And how, HOW would this benefit the GPA if they were to loose top members of the GPA. You're theory has no logic to it.
Of course the GPA will look at how it'll affect them, all the organisations will, but it's really got nothing to do with them really.
Where does it say that they're giving advice?

heffo

Will the strikers now walk away having failed to secure the support of either the clubs or the 'Cork hurling public'?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on February 08, 2009, 03:32:35 PM
Will the strikers now walk away having failed to secure the support of either the clubs or the 'Cork hurling public'?

And how do you know they've haven't?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on February 08, 2009, 03:37:41 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 08, 2009, 03:32:35 PM

And how do you know they've haven't?

The strikers motion was crushed and the 'fans' were too busy worrying about the Six nations (source = Reillersland) to come out and support them

Walk away now please..

PS Reillers - are you finally admitting the players are now on strike?