McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Implying that you have "the" clue, thereby making your opinion the only valid one. Simple really. The world is black and white folks.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

The GAA

Quote from: theskull1 on February 06, 2009, 12:42:53 PM
Implying that you have "the" clue, thereby making your opinion the only valid one. Simple really.

There are a few possibilities here.

you cannot grasp the concept of discussion and backing up theories with quotes or citing sources and are happy to contemplate anything is true if it suits you to believe it.

or

because you havent been able to "keep up" in previous discussions with myself, you think this is an opportunity to jump on a badly chosen opportunity to get back at me.
would there be any merit in pointing out to you that my opinion is not contained anywhere in this point, nor is it relevent in a discussion of fact or speculation.

Quote from: theskull1 on February 06, 2009, 12:42:53 PM
The world is black and white folks.

now why wold you be addressing everyone? playing to the gallery?

orangeman

Quote from: dowling on February 06, 2009, 12:09:34 PM
Great response GAA

A classic !!

Not clue - dowling - you're like me - haven't a clue - you're a gobshite !

The GAA

You're words orangeman....

lets have a little test.  take your resentment for my viewpoint on this issue out of the equation for a minute.

after reading the statement from the cork footballers this morning do you think it would have been fair, sensible or accurate to claim:

QuoteThe GPA factor has come into play.
?

orangeman

I honestly don't resent your point of view - never have - I respect your point of view albeit we differ on this particular subject but I'd much prefer if we didn't have to endure the constant quips about not having a clue and being gobshites.

But anyway -

I've not mentioned the GPA here - what I have alluded to is a hand or hands directing what is going on here and I don't believe that is not being choreographed. Dowling might well believe that it is being directed by the GPA - He may be right and he may be wrong.
I can't say one way or other.

To be fair to your argument, I'd have thought that the footballers joined the strike immediately, instead of threatening to join after the end of the NFL, there might be more of a suspicion of GPA involvement. But even at that, it would only be a suspicion and neither side here could legitimately claim to speak factually about it.

I can see where both of are coming from.

I assume from your argument that you sincerely believe that the GPA hand is not involved at all ?.

The GAA

o jesus christ.

it was a simple question on one response from dowling to the statement frm the footballers

orangeman

20 points win by the Dubs ??

Cork entertain Dublin at Páirc Uí Chaoimh on Sunday with the spectre of the continuing strike by the Rebels' 2008 squad completely overshadowing the encounter.

Regardless of which side is right or wrong in the debate, it is unfortunate that the start of a league campaign is yet again adversely affected by internal wrangling down on Leeside.

It is almost impossible to predict how the youngsters at Cork manager Gerald McCarthy's disposal will react to their first exposure to action in the revamped Allianz NHL, but they should at least be thankful that it is Dublin, and not Kilkenny or Tipperary, that they're facing on Sunday.

New Dublin boss Anthony Daly has admitted that his side face a 'no-win' situation. With the Rebels in such disarray, a victory will be the least the hurling world will expect from the Dubs, while defeat will undoubtedly lead to a barrage of criticism.
Daly will not have full-back Kevin Ryan available due to a hamstring injury, but his charges are in pretty good shape otherwise following their Walsh Cup Shield final win over Offaly last week.

The Dubs are not renowned for dealing well with the favourites' tag, but their greater experience, allied to the free-taking ability of Alan McCrabbe, should help them plunder the two points on offer.

Verdict: Dublin

The GAA

Why would you expect a 20 point win for the dubs?

Our own experts in the spreads call it as (Cork +4.5 V Dublin )

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 06, 2009, 12:08:26 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 06, 2009, 11:58:10 AM
Quote from: The GAA on February 06, 2009, 11:45:21 AM
Quote from: dowling on February 06, 2009, 12:51:52 AM
The GPA factor has come into play.
What has th GPA got to do with this development?

That's exactly what I'm trying to find out GAA. I'm just glad someone else is asking as well now.

In short, you haven't a clue?

Obviously you didn't get that GAA.

Anyway.

"..anyone who thinks the GPA have anything whatsoever to do with this hasn't a clue about the the nature of the dispute."
Guess who wrote that? 10 out of 10. Your good self.

"We've commented on the situation," he said, "and see our function as advising and consulting..."
And guess who said that? No, not Orangeman or me or even any other poster. Indeed it was Dessie. You know, the big cat in the GPA.

Does the word "whatsoever" from your quote jump out at you there?

The GAA

dowling

The GAA

I can only assume that you are concluding that because farrell said they are available for advice, what else would a players union do, that they are orchestrating the situation?

Hell of a jump there but not surprising for you.

imtommygunn

While like any strike it's a logical conclusion to assume there is a leader behind it there's a large jump between assuming that and assuming the GPA are leading this whole thing.

This, to me, looks to be an uprising from within. If the GPA are involved it's only because some of their more high profile members appear to be at the forefront of the strike. They , IMO, are doing it for themselves and not in a GPA capacity.

A lot of people seem to want to blame the GPA in all of this. I've no great love for them but I just don't see that they're to blame. Some of their members have had a large role yes - but like I said ,IMO, not in a GPA capacity.

cicfada

I really regard this threat to strike as an empty threat. They know that breaking the arbitration agreement would be perceived badly, at the end of the day this has nothing to do with the footballers and therefore they have no grounds for striking! The footballers expect this to be sorted out by the end of the League which I think it will be! Mc Carthy will be gone by then as the public won't stand for the hammerings coming! I look forward to all those  marchers who are not GAA members,  joining their local clubs, I am sure that their clubs could do with the membership dues!   The footballers don't expect to have to strike at all really. Says more about their "bottle"  really that they are not striking now, then again they know that they would lose Conor Counihan if they did so it's about the only thing they could do in the circumstances!

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 06, 2009, 01:52:11 PM

I can only assume that you are concluding that because farrell said they are available for advice, what else would a players union do, that they are orchestrating the situation?

Hell of a jump there but not surprising for you.

"If the Cork hurlers said they wanted us to become more involved then obviously we'd talk about it,..."
Dessie again in another part of his statement.
Note the "more involved" GAA. But then maybe Dessie hasn't a clue. You can always set him right there.

Fair points imtommygunn. I wouldn't blame the GPA for all this but I think the GPA confrontational mentality and , by their nature, self-serving interests, have been factors in this igniting. I would find it hard to doubt GPA advice being used in the dispute. My concern is how much influence they're having in all of this and is their influence detrimental to finding a way out.