McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

You're pumping maturity there GAA. What age are you?' What's so wrong with asking about regrets? Typical pro-strikers response there. If there's such unity among the 2008 panel why is all the talking being done by the GPA people? There's probably a lot of people who believe some of last year's panel - in spite of what was said at the press conference - are most definitely being influenced by others and in time might come to regret their present action. And those 2008 players' spokespersons talking of taking this issue wherever it has to go so to speak is very GPA-like and somewhat at odds with their press conference and maybe in time you'll regret doubting any GPA influence in this matter. But then no-one on this board has stated if they believe or not whether there has been GPA contact with the 2008 panel or greater involvent in this. Wouldn't be because they might regret calling it wrongly? Maybe if there was no GPA this matter would have been resolved before now.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on February 03, 2009, 12:19:47 AM
You're pumping maturity there GAA. What age are you?' What's so wrong with asking about regrets? Typical pro-strikers response there. If there's such unity among the 2008 panel why is all the talking being done by the GPA people? There's probably a lot of people who believe some of last year's panel - in spite of what was said at the press conference - are most definitely being influenced by others and in time might come to regret their present action. And those 2008 players' spokespersons talking of taking this issue wherever it has to go so to speak is very GPA-like and somewhat at odds with their press conference and maybe in time you'll regret doubting any GPA influence in this matter. But then no-one on this board has stated if they believe or not whether there has been GPA contact with the 2008 panel or greater involvent in this. Wouldn't be because they might regret calling it wrongly? Maybe if there was no GPA this matter would have been resolved before now.

So Shane O Neill talking out counts for nothing, the press conference counts for nothing, the people who have and still work with these players and knows them and confirms what the players have said..that all counts for nothing. Their word counts for nothing. And you try to put across that you're not biased? Come on give us a little more credit then that.
And the GPA has (for the 100th time) nothing at all to do with this. Their membership in this case is irrelevant, and this why is it only GPA memebers speaking, I think 99% of the Cork panel are members. I mean are you that desperate to have a bitch and a whinge about the GPA that you have to, though they have no rellevance here, bring them into it.
If there was no GPA then there would have been a lot more of these "matters" because (though I don't agree with the GPA on a lot of things) they take care of their players and organised them, imagine how many more strikes there would have been in they weren't there.
And the GPA has nothing at all to do with Frank Murphy being there, he was in place long before the GPA was ever formed. You are grasping at straws here just so you can have a go at the GPA..not like I should be surprised it's what most people do on here, they'd know feck all about what's going on but would use this topic as an excuse to have a whinge and a bitch and a cry about the Cork hurlers and in your case the GPA..ffs, keeping it relelvant would be great. Save the crying for another topic that has something to do with the GPA.

rrhf

Its time for the players who have allegedly withdrawn their services to withdraw them and  fcuk off out of the road, they are finished, as a neutral GAA man dont want to hear read or see any more about them.  As for Michael Duignans article on Sunday - Guys like these are attempting to fan the flames rather than offer any constructive advice. 

passedit

Quote from: rrhf on February 03, 2009, 09:00:03 AM
Its time for the players who have allegedly withdrawn their services to withdraw them and  fcuk off out of the road, they are finished, as a neutral GAA man dont want to hear read or see any more about them.  As for Michael Duignans article on Sunday - Guys like these are attempting to fan the flames rather than offer any constructive advice. 

you're not neutral, your mind was made up as soon as you heard of this latest dispute. Never let the facts get in the way of your prejudices.
Don't Panic

rrhf

you're not neutral, your mind was made up as soon as you heard of this latest dispute. Never let the facts get in the way of your prejudices.

Well im not a Cork hurler or administrator nor care about either so Im neutral in any mans eyes Passedit. Im plainspeaking here because Im sick of the... we're prepared to rip Cork hurling apart because of the love of Cork hurling bullshit.   I certainly dont hold any prejudices, what I see is a bunch of guys who first of all didnt want to play for Cork but wouldnt stop anyone play for Cork,  who now want to play for Cork as long as they get to pick a  different manager and anyone who plays for Cork are breaking the line.   If that shower of upstarts are let win their argument "in the interests of Cork Hurling - my arse" then the Cork County board  are finished. I cant see how any senisble Gael could support this campaign by the ex players.     

heffo

Quote from: passedit on February 03, 2009, 09:18:51 AM

There's  common and response among all the posts of the 'Pro (if you'll excuse the pun) 2008 panel':

You haven't a clue about Cork hurling
You don't know what you're talking about
You're biased

rrhf

Agreed.  Just want the genuine Cork hurlers to able to go about their business without these guys ponitficating on whats the proper way forward for Cork hurling.  That news conference was a joke.  If that happened in Tyrone the players would be told Bye bye and get off the stage.  Its time this generation of hurlers were retired officially.  Close the door on them now.

passedit

Quote from: heffo on February 03, 2009, 09:43:07 AM
Quote from: passedit on February 03, 2009, 09:18:51 AM

There's  common and response among all the posts of the 'Pro (if you'll excuse the pun) 2008 panel':

You're biased

Show me where I said rrhf hadn't a clue? I've highlighted your imagined beef with the players (this is Dowlings too as he's a single topic single issue poster). A common theme amongst the anti brigade is yours just highlighted ie this is a trojan horse for the GPA the other one is rrhf's
QuoteIf that shower of upstarts are let win their argument "in the interests of Cork Hurling - my arse" then the Cork County board  are finished
. I understand this position but in my opinion the CCB was finished long ago when it ceded total control to one man. People chiming about democracy don't want to see the elephant in the room which is abuse of power.i
Don't Panic

Zulu

Now heffo that isn't true, some posters have shown they know little about the situation and that has been pointed out to them, however it is incorrect to say that all pro-player posters simply regurgitate the same mantra to dismiss those with a different point of view. I've already laid out why I support the players and until a pro-CB poster can tell me why the CB logically and for the good of Cork hurling reappointed Gerald then I won't be changing my mind, as to me that is the only issue.

Interestingly I see some of the Mayo lads are blaming (in large part) the Mayo CB for their current ills and others are suggesting that too many of their players are just happy to be Mayo footballers and aren't willing to go the extra mile to succeed. Maybe if the Mayo footballers, and a few other counties players, had the same attitude as Cork players they'd have a few AI's by now. At the end of the day, the Cork players are putting their careers on the line to get the best support structures possible so they can win for Cork, which is a massively brave thing to do because they'll have no excuses should they fail.

orangeman

I still believe that the strikers in Cork ought to have fought their fight from within and not on the picket line and through the media. Likewise Mc Carthy should have kept his counsel and not fought back whenever the strikers assasinated him through the press and in the most recent press conference.

I know that pro strikers posters have always contended that Cork CB is unique and does not have a similar model anywhere in the association and that Cork has a dictaorship in place whereby club delegates just turn up and go home again.
I don't accept this at all.

This current crop of Cork hurlers brought great glory to Cork, just like a lot of others did, Mc Carthy included. But this doesn't give them any special rights when it comes to making laws. As some one else ( Indiana I think ) said earlier, there is a set of rules for the entire association and there is not a special appendix included for Cork.

Zulu

QuoteI know that pro strikers posters have always contended that Cork CB is unique and does not have a similar model anywhere in the association and that Cork has a dictaorship in place whereby club delegates just turn up and go home again.

Why don't you accept this, what evidence is their to indicate that those of us saying this are wrong? Anyway I wouldn't say Cork are unique, in fact I'd say they are quite common, most county's are run by a small few individuals, the difference in Cork is that those individuals have taken a pathological dislike to their own IC players.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on February 03, 2009, 10:21:30 AM
QuoteI know that pro strikers posters have always contended that Cork CB is unique and does not have a similar model anywhere in the association and that Cork has a dictaorship in place whereby club delegates just turn up and go home again.

Why don't you accept this, what evidence is their to indicate that those of us saying this are wrong? Anyway I wouldn't say Cork are unique, in fact I'd say they are quite common, most county's are run by a small few individuals, the difference in Cork is that those individuals have taken a pathological dislike to their own IC players.

You may be right but somehow I find the notion that FM and the Cork CB executive of which Jerry O'Sullivan is the chairman actually think that way, to be perverse.

Would FM and the executive, including Jerry O'Sullivan prefer to see Cork losing ??

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on February 03, 2009, 12:19:47 AM

That is possibly the most backward and irrelevent post today.

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on February 03, 2009, 09:43:07 AM

[/quote]

You're biased
[/quote]

so you think that te folowing is a considered and balanced assessment of things?

since we're all being "constructive"....

Its time for frank murphy and these bundle of clowns to quit and fcuk off out of the road, they are finished, as a neutral GAA man dont want to hear read or see any more about them.

rrhf

In what other sport would players be holding the team and organisation to ransom over the manager.  Roy Keane made a cod out of himself in Saipan, and the Cork explayers are making a cod out of themselves and the GAA in Cork now.  Perhaps you are right it aint a GPA thing its just Cork, but its high time that players knew their remit in Cork and they volunteer or they do not - that is their choice, just fcuk away off if ye dont want to volunteer.  This is not about love of Cork in any way its very much a power strugle wheree the players are crossing into territory which is not their own nor or they democratically elected to do so in the laws and spirit of the GAA.  At least Roy Keane fcuked off out of the road when he walked out on his country.  Why dont the players retire and go for the admin roles next year if they want to run their own affairs.
"a pathological dislike of the IC players." ---- Fcuk sake thats a crock of shite.   
 Rant over.