McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on January 29, 2009, 04:52:09 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of times I've been insulted and haven't realised so feel free to carry on GAA. If it helps you avoid facing up to reality so be it.

What reality is that?

dowling

Why? Is there a choice of realities?

Reillers

March in Support of Cork Players
Saturday 7th Feb 3pm :: Emmet Place

Last Monday night a press conference was held by the Cork players who are refusing to play a third season under manager Gerald MacCarthy. Many speculated as to the number of players that would turn up given rumours that certain squad members were considering returning to the fold.

On the night no player was absent and in an orchestrated show of strength the players entered the press conference in single file, wearing their Cork tracksuits. A poignant reminder of the many times they have paraded in single file on to green fields around the island for their county.

Outlining stinging criticisms of the manager (which included some embarrassing revelations about MacCarthy's management) and their reasons for not participating in the squad the players then suggested that they would only disband if public opinion was shown to be against them. This was a direct appeal to hurling fans to voice their opinion.

Local station 96FM ran a text poll on the morning after the players' conference which revealed that over 90% of listeners backed the hurler's stance with over 3,000 votes pouring into the station in three hours.

SUPPORTERS MARCH
In 2008 two well attended marches were held in the city centre in support of the "rebel Rebels" which clearly helped to turn the tide in their favour.

Well known Cork supporter Tom 'Bomber' Roche has organised a march in support of the players that will take place on Saturday week, February 7th at Emmet Place (outside Cork Opera House) from 3pm.

orangeman

SUPPORTERS MARCH
In 2008 two well attended marches were held in the city centre in support of the "rebel Rebels" which clearly helped to turn the tide in their favour

How well they were attended was a basis for much argument at the time with the srtrikers claimng a good few more than was suggested by the Gardai.

But I can't see a march round the Opera House swinging this one. It was very doubtful if the march achieved anything the last time either apart from a lot of very wet people catching the cold.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 29, 2009, 10:08:12 AM
just sick to the teeth of the whole saga at this stage . Just one question and maybe its posted on one of the other 160 odd pages but i can't be bothered looking through it , Who do the players want to manage them ?

whats your opinion Reillers ? Who would the players be happy to manage them ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on January 29, 2009, 04:59:49 PM
Why is there a choice of realities

I don't know why there's a choice of realities. In fact, i didn't know there was a choice of realities. Is there?

dowling

Have another look if it will help. But do you see what I mean about looking for what was meant? But 10 out of 10. Give yourself a pat on the head. The 2008 panel must be relieved to have you for them rather than against.

realrebel

this was taken off the rebelgaa site today
as i was saying all along about the players putting pressure on the younger fellas
they stood up there and lied to the public again

a player from our club played at the colemans game but he had to pull out of the limerick challenge game because he received phone calls every day for that week telling him not to play
the phone calls were from 3 differnt 2008 panel members. hes a young man and was geniunely upset by the whole thing
he eventually decieded not to play and once this was achieved he was asked if he would allow his name read out at the press conference on mon night.
he refused this

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on January 29, 2009, 05:52:17 PM
Have another look if it will help. But do you see what I mean about looking for what was meant? But 10 out of 10. Give yourself a pat on the head. The 2008 panel must be releived to have you for them rather than against.

You do realise how stupid you look, trying to look intelligent?

The GAA

Quote from: realrebel on January 29, 2009, 05:54:50 PM
as i was saying all along about the players putting pressure on the younger fellas

a player from our club played at the colemans game but he had to pull out of the limerick challenge game because he received phone calls every day for that week telling him not to play
the phone calls were from 3 differnt 2008 panel members. hes a young man and was geniunely upset by the whole thing
he eventually decieded not to play and once this was achieved he was asked if he would allow his name read out at the press conference on mon night.
he refused this

Why would they want to read his name out?

realrebel

because the 2008 panel were asking the young lads who would not play (for whatever reason) to let their names be read out to prove how many would not play for gerald & co

Owenmoresider

Quote from: realrebel on January 29, 2009, 05:54:50 PM

he refused this
Bastards if that's true. They really think their agenda is all that matters in Cork GAA. Get off the stage Donal Óg and co., nobody cares about you any more.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 29, 2009, 05:30:14 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 29, 2009, 10:08:12 AM
just sick to the teeth of the whole saga at this stage . Just one question and maybe its posted on one of the other 160 odd pages but i can't be bothered looking through it , Who do the players want to manage them ?

whats your opinion Reillers ? Who would the players be happy to manage them ?
Sure didn't they want Ger Cunningham in when Allen left in 2006? A bit like the Anfield "Boot Room", they seemed to think that nobody outside the inner circle was entitled to take over, and there was discontent about McCarthy when he did get it IIRC.

I'm sure Reillers will come back lecturing us about not having a clue about the whole thing and how they have said that they don't want to pick the manager, maybe, but they seem to want the CCB to pick the one they want instead.

realrebel

its simple lads
the players lied to everone about not putting pressure on players they stood up in front of the media and lied through their teeth
as did ben o connor before that and canty claiming gerald never visited him
we are seeing these bunch of players for what they really are