McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on January 28, 2009, 12:57:18 PM
The sensible good motion of Cloyne was apparently too open to interpretation. Cloyne also asked that the clubs be given more notice to discuss motions such as this.

And while that common sense motion was "shockingly" ouvoted in a lanslide victory for Murphy, th eridiculous sugestion that a mediator should be brought in was apparently passed (no doubt by a landslide vote.)
This all in favour raise your hand..everyone looks at Murphy..shit is pathetic. If secret ballot voting was put in place we'd have a different result.

Bringing in a mediator was tried all ready and didn't work. But the CB most be seen to be doing something so they come up with this useless suggestion.

Every single other county board in Ireland, UK & other countries have an open vote.

Why does Cork need a secret ballot for their motions?

Tatler Jack

QuoteEvery single other county board in Ireland, UK & other countries have an open vote.

Why does Cork need a secret ballot for their motions?

Don't expect logic or consistency in Reillersland  Heffo.

Last year the players made a huge issue of the fact that in every other county managers are allowed to pick their own selectors so why should Cork be different. But they do not mind being different (or unique) when it comes to players having a say (veto in fact) in appointing of the manager - something that is NOT the practice in other counties. Really depends on what suits their arguments - if a secret ballot gave the "wrong" result the citizens of Reillersland would be shouting for an open vote!!!

Reillers

Tatler you know nothing about me, and you know less about the situation in Cork. You swoop in on your morale high horse and start criticising something you don't understand and don't try to understand.

The CB voting system in Cork should be secret ballot. Purely because of the amount of power FM holds. When he says all in favour raise your hand..everyone, with the exception of a few, looks at his hand.
That is why when things are voted on in the CB it's always one sided, always a landslide and always in favour of whatever decision Murphy wants.
Like last season an overwhelming vote to keep Holland in the job, a week later when Murphy changed his mind low and behold there was an overwhelming vote to get rid of Holland.
Yesterday in something that made total sense, (that would make the power of decision equal and strip Frank Murphy of some power was again overwhelmingly defeated

On a vote of 83 to 27 it was ruled out of order..

And surprise surprise the suggestion of mediation (where McCarthy's position will not be put into question) was passed in another landslide vote..94 to 24.

Tatler Jack

QuoteTatler you know nothing about me, and you know less about the situation in Cork. You swoop in on your morale high horse and start criticising something you don't understand and don't try to understand.

Reillers this "you don't understand" mantra is your usual response to those who you don't agree with. True I know nothing about you and I don't pretend to. I coined the term "Reillersland" for those who invent a reality to suit their argument - mainly the players. I could change it to Tír na nÓg in deference to two of the leaders and the magical qualities of the world they inhabit where everything is perfect. As regards knowing nothing about the situation in Cork well I know a fair bit - I am living here for a large part of my life and involved in the GAA at club level.

I have no strong views on whether or not a vote should be secret or not. I was pointing out that there is a lack of consistency in your argument. When it suits we should do as other counties and when not we should have something different. And all of this is based on the hypothesis that FM holds extraordinary powers and delegates are stooges. And now we are back in Reillersland or Tír na nÓg :D

cornafean

Quote from: Reillers on January 28, 2009, 04:11:07 PM
Like last season an overwhelming vote to keep Holland in the job, a week later when Murphy changed his mind low and behold there was an overwhelming vote to get rid of Holland.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly, there was a good reason for this (much more than Murphy changing his mind). The delegates had no option but to vote to remove Holland in order for them to comply with the terms of Kieran Mulvey's arbitration report.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Tatler Jack

QuoteForgive me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly, there was a good reason for this (much more than Murphy changing his mind). The delegates had no option but to vote to remove Holland in order for them to comply with the terms of Kieran Mulvey's arbitration report.

That is true Cornafean and I know a lot of delegates that were very unhappy with having to vote as they did. The general view was that it had to be done and there was no appetite to cause further problems.

Eoghan Mag

As I said before, before Heffo, on this thread 'Who exactly are the Cork hurling public?' The reason for this bit in their statement is that there is no answer to this question. It can mean anything. It is a wild goose chase. Once they even support each other they qualify as Cork hurling public (or is it Cork hurling gone public?) and don't need to disband.

GalwayBayBoy

Haven't been following this Cork strike thing as I find it all a bit dull to be honest but reading the Indo today I read the story on the Cork players press conference.

Jesus that was some character assassination they did on Gerald McCarthy. Just about called him a senile old bastard.

Reillers

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 28, 2009, 05:33:41 PM
Haven't been following this Cork strike thing as I find it all a bit dull to be honest but reading the Indo today I read the story on the Cork players press conference.

Jesus that was some character assassination they did on Gerald McCarthy. Just about called him a senile old b**tard.

You would know if you had been following it that he has ripped the players down, lied about them, made up rumours leaked a document to make them look two faced..etc. The list goes on.
He's not as innocent as the papers made on and people are beggining to see this now.
Most of the public are now behind the players in Cork. 90% voted in favour today on Neil Prendeville show.

Like I said if you'd been involved in this for the start you'd know, and you'd also know that the press conference went over extremely well with the Cork fans, who many say afterwards have never been so proud of them, reminded why they're heroes, not men but giants..etc.

realrebel

reillers where did he lie about them
didnt ben o connor lie about gerald contacting the intermediate manager trying to get players
when the intermediate came out and said gerald never contacted him
where was bens response to that   none

Tatler Jack

QuoteMost of the public are now behind the players in Cork. 90% voted in favour today on Neil Prendeville show.

Now how could we dispute the findings of such an authentic poll.  :D. You really are scraping the barrell now Reillers.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 28, 2009, 06:15:10 PM
reillers where did he lie about them
didnt ben o connor lie about gerald contacting the intermediate manager trying to get players
when the intermediate came out and said gerald never contacted him
where was bens response to that   none

He made up those rumours without a single bit of proof. That in my book is lying.

Reillers

Quote from: Tatler Jack on January 28, 2009, 06:25:47 PM
QuoteMost of the public are now behind the players in Cork. 90% voted in favour today on Neil Prendeville show.

Now how could we dispute the findings of such an authentic poll.  :D. You really are scraping the barrell now Reillers.

But it's a poll of a public, even though it's not 100% reliable. Something tells me if it had been 90% in favour of McCarthy it'd be rock solid in your view.

realrebel

so ben o connor is a liar too in my book
isnt he reillers

theskull1

Quote from: Reillers on January 28, 2009, 06:10:38 PM

Most of the public are now behind the players in Cork. 90% voted in favour today on Neil Prendeville show.

I thought we ALL agreed a while back that these polls are hardly representative Reillers.  :-\  

Come on to blazes. Catch yourself on
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera