McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realrebel

look reillers i know u dont think so but it is true he has a lot of support from the clubs and thats where it matters when it comes down to the vote
can i ask you reillers what club are you from just interested to see if its the same view as what im getting

Reillers

I cannot believe that though.
I can't believe the biggest supporters of It and Ger Mac or the CCB can agree with this decision tonight it just doesnt make sense. This was common sense and it is incredible it was defeated. Unless of course you are trying to hold on to power and control....then of course it makes sense.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 27, 2009, 11:37:53 PM
I can't believe the biggest supporters of It and Ger Mac or the CCB can agree with this decision tonight it just doesnt make sense. This was common sense and it is incredible it was defeated. Unless of course you are trying to hold on to power and control....then of course it makes sense.

It mightn't make sense to you - but to be fair you did predict the result tonight  - you did say that Mc Carthy would win the vote hands down. And you were right.

He won easy.

Judging by your reaction, you're not best pleased but will the players now disband in accordance with their statement last night ?

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 27, 2009, 11:37:11 PM
look reillers i know u dont think so but it is true he has a lot of support from the clubs and thats where it matters when it comes down to the vote
can i ask you reillers what club are you from just interested to see if its the same view as what im getting

To be honest I'd rather not, because of what I want to say, what I'm so close to saying, that went on behind the scenes there and some involved and if I start now I wont stop.
Maybe tomorrow.

realrebel

as i said i cant believe it either
but the players statement lashing the board didnt help i say
a few fellas would have thought about them remarks when they were voting
i wonder what will the conversation with gerry, paudie and diarmuid will be like
reillers u can pm me with ur club if u dont want to broadast it

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 27, 2009, 11:41:49 PM

It mightn't make sense to you - but to be fair you did predict the result tonight  - you did say that Mc Carthy would win the vote hands down. And you were right.

He won easy.

Judging by your reaction, you're not best pleased but will the players now disband in accordance with their statement last night ?
In accordance to their statement last night they said it'll be up to the public.
It wasn't the public who voted on this.

It's stirring a reaction within in the fans..I'd wait.

Croke Park needs to get involved now, and the footballers need to pull out, the problems plain to see and the fact that they haven't got involved yet says alot.
Mulcahy has called for it and they better intervene.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 27, 2009, 11:47:00 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 27, 2009, 11:41:49 PM

He won easy.

In accordance to their statement last night they said it'll be up to the public.
It wasn't the public who voted on this.

It's stirring a reaction within in the fans..I'd wait.

Croke Park needs to get involved now, and the footballers need to pull out, the problems plain to see and the fact that they haven't got involved yet says alot.
Mulcahy has called for it and they better intervene.

Enough harm has been done, enough hurt caused on all sides - the players asked for the support of the clubs - they clearly have not received the backing - they gambled on the clubs being on their side - the clubs voted against them - does that not tell you what you need to know ? Does that not send the message ?.

stephenite

Croke Park won't be getting involved this year - not a chance, nobody could answer my question. How are the players going to gauge public opinion ?  We'll disband if the Cork public want it, and how will you find that out? The Cork public don't run the GAA and neither should they.

orangeman

Surely it is now time to bring the curtain down on this dispute ? Surely further escalation of the strike will be counterproductive ?

realrebel

i say what they mean by the public is by putting pressure on their clubs to support them
well it didnt work by the looks of it

Reillers

If it was said to be out of order because it wasn't sound then Cloyne will put it through again.

A quote from Rebel GAA.
QuoteEveryone who cares deeply about Cork should march on Pairc Ui Caoimh & demand their resignation,use every means possible to remove them,everything they stand for, boycott it,draws,games,fund raising,create a relentless barrage of embarassment for Christy Cooney,until finally Croke Park has no option but to get involved,their is no way back for this administration....the bottom line is a complete clearout,nothing less.

We can only pray this happens.

stephenite

Quote from: Reillers on January 28, 2009, 12:00:33 AM
If it was said to be out of order because it wasn't sound then Cloyne will put it through again.

A quote from Rebel GAA.
QuoteEveryone who cares deeply about Cork should march on Pairc Ui Caoimh & demand their resignation,use every means possible to remove them,everything they stand for, boycott it,draws,games,fund raising,create a relentless barrage of embarassment for Christy Cooney,until finally Croke Park has no option but to get involved,their is no way back for this administration....the bottom line is a complete clearout,nothing less.

Sounds like a coup in the planning - can you not accept that the people who have the right to vote have decided against the wishes of the players, seriously, a vote was taken and the result was resounding. The desperation is beginning to look pathetic

Reillers

Quote from: stephenite on January 28, 2009, 12:05:03 AM

A quote from Rebel GAA.

Sounds like a coup in the planning - can you not accept that the people who have the right to vote have decided against the wishes of the players, seriously, a vote was taken and the result was resounding. The desperation is beginning to look pathetic

You don't find it strange that these who are supposed to be representing us come up with a result that is against what the majority of Cork supporters views?

INDIANA

playing devils advoacte here is it not possible the players have alienated the clubs. the vote reflects the public opinion i've encountered in cork.

stephenite

Quote from: Reillers on January 28, 2009, 12:17:25 AM
Quote from: stephenite on January 28, 2009, 12:05:03 AM

A quote from Rebel GAA.

You don't find it strange that these who are supposed to be representing us come up with a result that is against what the majority of Cork supporters views?

No - the supporters do not run the County Board, if the supporters are members of their clubs they have had the issue of Frank Murphy flagged since the first dispute and ample time to organise themselves and effect the change that many seem to crave at County Board level. I do not accept that supporters have the right to affect decisons within the GAA, it is the members of the clubs that have this right and sometimes there is a difference in that supporters are not members.