McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: cicfada on January 27, 2009, 10:58:37 PM
Reillers, was the motion deemed out of order or voted on, which was it?  PIty it lost anyway, it was worthwhile! We have had meetings at club level where we have tried to anticipate what motions the delegate might  have to vote on and what way to vote! a difficult task!
The voted on it.
They are cowards with no balls or backbone, there is no way in hell they had time to go back to their clubs, they are an absolute fuckin disgrace. And they think we'll take this lying down..

realrebel

reillers
i know we are on different sides but u must be sick
even i thought it would be passed

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 27, 2009, 11:11:32 PM
Reillers, was the motion deemed out of order or voted on, which was it?  PIty it lost anyway, it was worthwhile! We have had meetings at club level where we have tried to anticipate what motions the delegate might  have to vote on and what way to vote! a difficult task!
The voted on it.
They are cowards with no balls or backbone, there is no way in hell they had time to go back to their clubs, they are an absolute fuckin disgrace. And they think we'll take this lying down..

Easy on their Reillers. How can you describe the club delegates as cowards ??

We ?

stephenite

Quote from: Reillers on January 27, 2009, 11:11:32 PM
The voted on it.

If the County Board have voted in such resounding numbers what else can be done, obviously the players have lost the support of the clubs.

What's the next step for the players now? Do they bother meeting with the club chairmen or will they disband forthwith?

Reillers

EVERY person I have met have supported this motion. Each one of them thinking it was an excellent idea.

Funny that a contentious vote was held in secret tonight and a motion popular with the fair minded public was defeated, what happened to transparency?

....I....I give up. They can rot in a ditch for all I care. Democracy at it's finest.

realrebel

to be honest a lot of clubs didnt support the players but after last nights statement they probably thought they could change some of their minds
but they didnt so what happens now?

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 27, 2009, 11:19:45 PM
reillers

Sick..I physically feel ill after reading that. I cannot believe that just happened.
Oh if I came within a mile of that Thing tonight..

But If I don't stop, I will probably be banned.

realrebel

reillers how many clubs did you talk to about this motion?

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 27, 2009, 11:25:42 PM
reillers how many clubs did you talk to about this motion?
I really couldn't say, taking a guess, members from about 4 or so, each of which said that they heard from other clubs that they didn't really dicuss it either. Every shop every street corner was talking about it, people were backing this. A lot of people. And yet so onesided yet again?
I'm not going to mention which clubs obviously. Nothing formal, just normal talk. We didn't really discuss it, they didn't either.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 27, 2009, 11:23:34 PM
EVERY person I have met have supported this motion. Each one of them thinking it was an excellent idea.

Funny that a contentious vote was held in secret tonight and a motion popular with the fair minded public was defeated, what happened to transparency?

....I....I give up. They can rot in a ditch for all I care. Democracy at it's finest.

Clearly you weren't talking to the right people or else they were not telling you the truth. Just like some players were telling Gerald that they were being pressurised to stay away when in fact they wanted to return and then they turn round at last night's press conference and tell the assembled media that they were there of their own volition and were under no pressure whatsoever.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 27, 2009, 11:25:17 PM
Quote from: realrebel on January 27, 2009, 11:19:45 PM
reillers

Sick..I physically feel ill after reading that. I cannot believe that just happened.
Oh if I came within a mile of that Thing tonight..

But If I don't stop, I will probably be banned.

The Devil ??

realrebel

there is a lot of support in the clubs for ger mac i think where most of the players support is coming from people who only go to 1 game a year and watch it in the pubs
i mean there are a lot in clubs too dont get me wrong but i know of clubs where the players wouldnt play for ger mac but the club supports him
its a weird one alright

Reillers

IT would rather see the whole organisation come crashing down in Cork than give up his power.

It's time (and I didn't want to say this) but it's time, (presuming that they don't come on side of the players, which after that "decision" I very much doubt it) the footballers need to come in, this is bigger then the fear of not playing the League or loosing a manager.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 27, 2009, 11:31:35 PM
there is a lot of support in the clubs for ger mac i think where most of the players support is coming from people who only go to 1 game a year and watch it in the pubs
i mean there are a lot in clubs too dont get me wrong but i know of clubs where the players wouldnt play for ger mac but the club supports him
its a weird one alright

It's bullshit, you know it, I know it and it's all down to that piece of crap Murphy.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 27, 2009, 11:32:21 PM
IT would rather see the whole organisation come crashing down in Cork than give up his power.

It's time (and I didn't want to say this) but it's time, (presuming that they don't come on side of the players, which after that "decision" I very much doubt it) the footballers need to come in, this is bigger then the fear of not playing the League or loosing a manager.

A bad situation can only be made worse by bringing the footballers into this.

Conor Counihan has supposedly told his panel of players that he will walk away if they join the hurlers.

And in any case, the hurlers have put theircards on the table last night and have said that if they don't get the backing of the clubs, that they will simply disband and walk away. Bringing the footballers into this will not help. If anything it will make it worse.