McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on January 26, 2009, 07:23:46 PM
Quote from: Reillers on January 26, 2009, 05:15:48 PM
there's talk of cells and senior players threatening younger players. This has been repeated so often that it's is now taken as fact by the GAA public.

The first I heard of it was this morning's paper quoting Teddy Mac - has it been mentioned in public before?

No, because it's not true, these rumours are being made up by the CB and McCarthy and his team, and it's a disgrace, it's heard no where else. They are making them up, cells like, only Teddy Mac could come up with crap like that. They are making the players look as bad as they can.
And McCarthy says it (about the "4 or 5 leaders") every single time he talks to the media with no proof, nothing based on truth. There is a reason why 30 of them are sitting there in the O2 tracksuits right now.

Reillers

Cathal Naughton reported on newstalk, "No pressure has been put on younger players and for Gerald McCarthy to suggest this is a disgrace"

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 26, 2009, 07:31:50 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 26, 2009, 07:23:46 PM
Quote from: Reillers on January 26, 2009, 05:15:48 PM
there's talk of cells and senior players threatening younger players. This has been repeated so often that it's is now taken as fact by the GAA public.

The first I heard of it was this morning's paper quoting Teddy Mac - has it been mentioned in public before?

No, because it's not true, these rumours are being made up by the CB and McCarthy and his team, and it's a disgrace, it's heard no where else. They are making them up, cells like, only Teddy Mac could come up with crap like that. They are making the players look as bad as they can.
And McCarthy says it (about the "4 or 5 leaders") every single time he talks to the media with no proof, nothing based on truth. There is a reason why 30 of them are sitting there in the O2 tracksuits right now.
[/b]

Where are they sitting right now with their 02 tracksuits ??

I thought that they had found a new sponsor of their own ?? Adidas ??

realrebel

in all fairness reillers
they are hardly going to say the younger players were bullied into not playing
reillers you might not belive them but there are people on rebelgaa who are in some of the clubs who say they were been bullied
just because the players say its not true then its not true is it

RedandGreenSniper

Naughton's statement is indicative of a squad that's going to come out all guns blazing. They're only harming themselves I'm afraid
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 26, 2009, 07:41:43 PM
in all fairness reillers
they are hardly going to say the younger players were bullied into not playing
reillers you might not belive them but there are people on rebelgaa who are in some of the clubs who say they were been bullied
just because the players say its not true then its not true is it

Where on Rebel GAA..I most be missing something or you most be seeing things because 99.9% of the people on there back the players fully, 100%.

Or it could be the truth..is that so hard to except.

realrebel

reillers you are fecking in dreamland where did you get that info that 99% of people support the players
did you not look at the poll its fairly even and the the support for the players were at 43% and the board 57%
then in the space of a hour it went from that to 60% for the players 40% for the board
i questioned the moderators about this and suddenly the voting stopped and other people noticed this too

look back on the tread its there somewhere and its more than one fella saying
you make me laugh reillers 99% supporting the players  ;D the biggest joke i heard all day look up the poll

Reillers

I'm looking at it and most are for the players on this one. not sure where you're looking.
I wasn't being litteral, don't start getting like OM taking everything that I say to 100% fact.

realrebel

fecking hell reillers its 53%- 47%  i dont call that 99% do you
and as i stated before there was some sort of rigging done to that vote because it was well in favour of ger mac and within the hour there was a couple of hundred votes, and you have to be a member to vote
the minute some of us questioned it the voting stopped
show me where nearly everyone supports the players on there

orangeman

The thing that has impressed me most is the way the strikers were able to train yesterday and then have a four and a half hour long meeting last night, then travelling en masse tonight again to the press conference - this is in spite of having huge family / work commitments. Unbelievable effort in this day and age.

You can't say they're not going out on a limb for Cork hurling.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2009, 08:06:49 PM
The thing that has impressed me most is the way the strikers were able to train yesterday and then have a four and a half hour long meeting last night, then travelling en masse tonight again to the press conference - this is in spite of having huge family / work commitments. Unbelievable effort in this day and age.

I don't know if that's for sure why they didn't meet one weekend, I said that that was what I heard, whether that's the truth or not I don't know.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 26, 2009, 08:02:54 PM
and as i stated before there was some sort of rigging done to that vote because it was well in favour of ger mac and within the hour there was a couple of hundred votes, and you have to be a member to vote
the minute some of us questioned it the voting stopped
show me where nearly everyone supports the players on there
On the main page for it (the new manager topic), nearly everyone supports the players from a certain point on.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2009, 08:06:49 PM

Especially when they didn't have time to sit down last week to sort out things..

heffo

Quote from: realrebel on January 26, 2009, 08:02:54 PM

Ease off on Reillers will ya - he lives in Reillersland where black is white and white is black