McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

How am I supposed to no. Apparently the reason the players haven't met yet was because of work commitments.
I'm sure they could cancel training.
But OM to say that it's a joke
need
[qoute]Where is all the passion,the courage, commitment, martyrdom, honesty etc etc that you've been telling us about the strikers ??[/quote]

Ya sure, jobs and family, how ridiculous..most be making it up.  :-\ ::)

What has commitments got to do with any of that. You're a joke. I mean the players said they'll meet, and they will but they have to find the time where ALL of the THIRTY of them are available for the day because it'll probably be long.

To say otherwise either means one of two things, that either you are that ridiculousl biased that you think the players are trying to not meet.
Or you have no life what so ever, no job and no family, (they've all that including training with their clubs and themselves) Be realistic. They are amateurs, you forget that.

What like, why for the love of God, why do you think they don't want to meet. You really do have a really low oppinion of them and it's insulting to all of us to tell us that you are not biased.

INDIANA

I would like to conclude by saying after watching the cats today, the exiled cork hurlers needn't bother. Its irrelevent if they come back, no-one will get within an asses roar of kilkenny this year. Also heard some really disappointing stories about some of the players today. I'm really disappointed with one of them in particular as he's always been a hero of mine. Couldn't give a monkeys if they ever wear a Cork jersey again.

orangeman

I'm simply making the point that the excuse about work commitments etc is ridiculous - these lads are collectively training away every week, maybe a couple of times a week but they are giving an excuse that they can't meet cos they can't all get together at the same time anytime soon. Bull !

If the strikers wanted it sorted out, they'd have sat down a long time ago and you know that.

Obviously there is an alternative agenda. I'm guessing that the timing just isn't right yet. Other things need to be put in place before the meeting can proceed.

Enough of the siege mentality Reillers - why don't they just take the bull by the horns, go and face down the CB and Mc Carthy and either come to a solution that is acceptable to all parties or else just agree to disagree and walk away for the season. I know that doesn't sound very appealing to you but what other alternatives are there ?.

Does the fact that the strikers are now seemingly prepared to meet Mc Carthy signal to you a change of heart, i.e that they would now play for Mc Carthy under certain conditions or is their stance still the same ??.

Perhaps not all the players want to go to this meeting ? Maybe some are reluctant to engage in further animosity ?

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on January 18, 2009, 08:12:32 PM
I would like to conclude by saying after watching the cats today, the exiled cork hurlers needn't bother. Its irrelevent if they come back, no-one will get within an asses roar of kilkenny this year. Also heard some really disappointing stories about some of the players today. I'm really disappointed with one of them in particular as he's always been a hero of mine. Couldn't give a monkeys if they ever wear a Cork jersey again.

Agreed no one will touch Kilkenny this year. If it was sorted before Christmas then maybe Cork would have gotten back on track. The only one and it will start this year that will lead to the demise of KK are themselves. They peaked in September just gone and there's only one way to go from that, every team has it's cycle, soon they'll go down hill and not even the great Cody can stop that.
I'm sure you heard stories, I'm sure you believe them and I'm sure the one person you are talking about is Sean Og. And I'm sure that nothing I say will change your view because of the stories you heard and me saying don't believe everything you hear will make no difference or me saying that there are great stories there as well wont make any difference either.
At the end of the day for nearly everyone in the general public, there is only one villian and that's the players, why, not because of the truth, but because of hashed and rehased stories in pubs and in the media.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 18, 2009, 10:02:45 PM

Agreed no one will touch Kilkenny this year. If it was sorted before Christmas then maybe Cork would have gotten back on track. The only one and it will start this year that will lead to the demise of KK are themselves. They peaked in September just gone and there's only one way to go from that, every team has it's cycle, soon they'll go down hill and not even the great Cody can stop that.
I'm sure you heard stories, I'm sure you believe them and I'm sure the one person you are talking about is Sean Og. And I'm sure that nothing I say will change your view because of the stories you heard and me saying don't believe everything you hear will make no difference or me saying that there are great stories there as well wont make any difference either.
At the end of the day for nearly everyone in the general public, there is only one villian and that's the players, why, not because of the truth, but because of hashed and rehased stories in pubs and in the media.

To be fair Reillers, the players have come out of the whole thing poorly but their actions and words didn't help their cause. But as time moves on, people are saying that the players obviously have concerns that have not been adressed and maybe the strikers are getting a bit more of an ear. But their refusal to meet the CB and management haven't helped. And by saying that they've got work and family commitments doesn't wash. If they wanted the dispute resolved they'd have dropped everything to get it sorted.

It's interesting that you've picked out Sean Og specifically as the man who you think Indiana is referring to - why pick him ? Surely Donal Og would be viewed as the main man ?.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 18, 2009, 10:21:09 PM
Quote from: Reillers on January 18, 2009, 10:02:45 PM

To be fair Reillers, the players have come out of the whole thing poorly but their actions and words didn't help their cause. But as time moves on, people are saying that the players obviously have concerns that have not been adressed and maybe the strikers are getting a bit more of an ear. But their refusal to meet the CB and management haven't helped. And by saying that they've got work and family commitments doesn't wash. If they wanted the dispute resolved they'd have dropped everything to get it sorted.

It's interesting that you've picked out Sean Og specifically as the man who you think Indiana is referring to - why pick him ? Surely Donal Og would be viewed as the main man ?.

The players have come across as the bad guys because of Geralds constant media comments, because of the general oppinion of oh the players are at it again, and because the media.
The damage was done before the players said a word to the media because Gerald had all ready painted himself as the victim and most people believed him.
The players said they'll meet, they'll meet, you can believe it or not, for some reason you don't think that it's hard to tie down 30 working family men for an entire day, comparing about the fact that they train after or before work for an hour or so.
Why doesn't it wash, why wont you believe that it's difficult to tie down the 30 of them, cleary you don't have much family or work commitments because if you did you'd know full well that it's hard to get an hour or two to yourself untill it's late. They said they'll meet and will, apparently this week.

Why have I picked Sean Og?
Because those stories have come up every time there's an issue with the players and CB. Each strike stories have gone round and round, most untrue despite the fact that the person telling them swears that it's from an excellent source or have witnessed it themselves. Usually it's bullshit and it's just pure stirrers having a go. Why Sean Og, I could be wrong with Indiana, whatever his version is, but for some reason everytime there's a story where a player look bad it's always Sean Og. Donal Og is too obvious.

The name sometimes changes, as do the circumstances of the story, but the stories don't. I've no doubt that the story Indiana heard is probably one I've heard before, every so often a new one is made up, sorry told, but usually it's the same story with maybe a different player as the villian. It's the way it is. Sadly, people go out of their way to make the players look bad.

It's quiet sad really, and I've no doubt you'll believe the story without question, no matter what I say, because you're biased and you think there's some massive conspiracy about them not meeting because of family or work commitments, you don't believe that, so I don't expect you to believe othewise about whatever story he's on about. I'm not questioning Indiana I'm sure he thinks it's true, but most of the time....

The real scum in this are the CB though, the real winners and villans, all of this, ALL of it is there fault.

"his is all optics now at this stage. the dye is cast the 2008 panel and ger mc will meet to reaffirm why they wont play for him and he wont resign. this should  have been done before christmas as previously said. the new team is in place and will try their hearts out im sure for the league and championship and ger mc will go at the end of the season with the worst record of any cork manager, regardless of whether or not its deserved.
the ccb executive will be relatively happy, they have proven immune to criticism from either media or supporters but will have finally won over their nemesis from the 2008 panel and no doubt the county secretary will get a bualie bos at the next ccb meeting for cutting the costs of running the senior team in a recession."

An excellent posts from Rebel GAA forum (no RealRebel I'm not him.) But it sums up the situation, the disgrace that is the situation, especially the bit in bold.

orangeman

If I was really interested in resloving something and if it meant enough to me, I'd move mountains to get it sorted - I'd MAKE time.

How do these lads get to train all year with their clubs and county if it is so difficult to sort out a meeting in January which is effectively closed season ???

Reillers

Because it's two hour a few times a week, not an entire day, how hard is that to grasp.

That's what's been said, why they haven't met yet, I don't know for sure, but it's pretty much believed that it is. The players said they'll meet, and it's supposed to be this week. Is that simple enough for you or do you have to post another  ??? at the end of your post.

orangeman

Don't be getting annoyed Reillers - I think that even though you're so brutally biased, you're having difficulty putting across the story about work and family commitments.

If the players  feel they need to set aside a day for this meeting, does that provide a bit of hope that there might be a positive outcome ? They're intending on staying a wee while longer than the last meeting when as soon as the strikers realised that Mc Carthy was in the same building, they got uo and ran.

tyronefan

30 players going to play a match anywhere in the country = 1 day away from family and work
30 players not playing because of strike meet somewhere instead and sort out problems
problem solved   ;D

INDIANA

Its not a rumour and to finish on it I'm not surprised why the clubs arent that sympathetic to their cause. I'm not saying who it involves either you can speculate all you like but to balance it up I know a lot more about things than you think I do. And to be fair Mc Carthy isn't blameless either in the PR stakes to balance up what I previously said. They are as bad as each other quite frankly.All parties in this are like a bunch of bloody kids at this stage.

The cats were frightening today, we're not a good side and we were missing half a team anyway, but the conveyor belt is frightening. It would put the fear of God into you. Cork would want to remind themselves what the issues are here. If necessary the key players, mc carthy and murphy should all go if it hastens the end of this. Because kilkenny will win the next 5 all-irelands in a row the way it is going.

orangeman

Did anyone read the bit in the Indo about Pat Spillane talking about the Cork hurlers strike at the recent Southern Star Sports Awards :

" The Cork hurlers have not delivered for the last couple of years ; if a team has delivered, I can understand them making exorbitant demands, underperforming or underachieving players - as they have been for the last couple of years - cannot or are in no position to make demands."

Zulu

passedit

Quote from: INDIANA on January 18, 2009, 11:25:16 PM

The cats were frightening today, we're not a good side and we were missing half a team anyway, but the conveyor belt is frightening. It would put the fear of God into you. Cork would want to remind themselves what the issues are here. If necessary the key players, mc carthy and murphy should all go if it hastens the end of this. Because kilkenny will win the next 5 all-irelands in a row the way it is going.

That's the key, if some of the older players have to bow out with Mc Carthy and especially Murphy it will be a price well worth paying.
Don't Panic

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on January 19, 2009, 11:59:52 AM
Not the first time Pat spoke a load of shit.

True ! How did those comments go down in Crok Zulu ? I agree with you, he is very controversial but he's not far away at times. Maybe he's taking too simplistic a view of this dispute, but maybe that's what the publicare seeing / thinking as well ?