McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realrebel

indiana
whats the buzz with teddy what was in the papers?

Uladh

Teddy has a part time job as an arsonist.... burning bridges wherever he goes!

orangeman

Does anybody know when the meeting is taking place between the striking players and the management ? .

Surely it has to be sometime very soon ?. What's the hold up ?.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 15, 2009, 10:23:07 PM
From an earlier post of mine Reillers - I'd be interested in your assessment / reading of the situation as it is now :
I've made the point already how ironic it is that the striking players are quite prepared to sit down and discuss the situation with the CB but not prepared to sit down with Mc Carthy, when in fact the target for their fire should be the CB itself. Thev striking players seem to have allowed the CB to pass through their radar. The players' targets now seem to be those who have aligned themselves to the CB, i.e Gerald and Teddy - but maybe that's a deliberate ploy, knowing that the 2 Mc Carthys will be easier removed than the entire county board, the chariman of which is now Sully's father.

What do you think ?.

Reillers has always contended that the CB would drop Mc Carthy just like they did with Teddy Holland - maybe he's right but somehow I think this fight is a wee bit different in that Mc Carthy is in the job and has a panel of players albeit that they are newcomers.

The McCarthy situation is one they can well hope to fix, the CB issue, the players can't fix it. It'd be a worthless fight, a waste of energy. The players no full well that they can't take down the CB. Not now, not like this. It's more of a waiting game, we all have to wait. Frank Murphy is 65, he's not long left in the job.
There are some battles that are worth it, then some are pointless.
It's like patching up temporary problems that will hold for a while untill the next one comes a long or the real problem is fixed.

Bud Wiser

QuoteJohn Allen, the former Cork hurling manager, has blamed the county board for the row with the Rebels' senior hurlers and said there is little prospect of a resolution being found to the ongoing impasse.

Allen, who guided a Cork side full of the row's chief protagonists to All-Ireland success in 2005, says the county board "have sought confrontation" and lacked "respect" in their dealings with the players. 

The timing of Allen's words, the day after it was confirmed that the players have decided to meet Gerald McCarthy and the entire executive of the board en masse, will further erode any hopes of finding an immediate resolution to the festering dispute.

Allen is adamant that the players will not play under McCarthy, and the word on the street on Leeside on Wednesday was that the players were willing to engage with McCarthy merely to reiterate their stance on the issue.   

"I put the blame squarely at the feet of the executive of the Board. They have sought confrontation this year, last year and 2002," said Allen.

"They would not engage with the players or have respect for their view.

"They ploughed ahead and made a decision when the players didn' t want a decision taken.

"The two words needed most are 'trust' and 'respect' and I think they have broken down. It will be very hard to rebuild bridges.

"I want a resolution and I hope for one, but I just don't see the players and the management being in that dressing room for 2009.

"That's my opinion, but from what I know is going on and what we have all read publicly, I can't see the players working with Gerald McCarthy. All that has been said has made it much worse."

Reillers, you are not John Allen by any chance?
Reillers, you are not
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on January 17, 2009, 09:13:44 PM
Does anybody know when the meeting is taking place between the striking players and the management ? .

Surely it has to be sometime very soon ?. What's the hold up ?.

Reikkers, what's happened the meeting ? Has it taken place yet ? If not, why not ?.

Reillers

The 30 players need to be there, and as you can imagine because of things like work commitments it's hard to get a time when all 30 are available.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 18, 2009, 02:30:26 PM
The 30 players need to be there, and as you can imagine because of things like work commitments it's hard to get a time when all 30 are available.

Are you serious ?? Their future careers are in the balance and you're trying to tell me that with work commitments that it's hard to get a evening where they'd all be free ??

How on under God do they manage to get to training together ??.

Work commitments ??? Don't think so.

realrebel

reillers
didnt they train yesterday and are training today why cant they meet after that?
or is it because not all the squad are turning up to training

im still waiting for uladh to answer my posts bout teddy mac

The GAA

heard plenty of stuff about teddy myself. surely a rebel like yourself would have a grasp of these things?

Reillers

They are training away, and all are going to the training sessions as far as I know (under floodlights now which will make it 100 times easier for them to train midweek and such.)
I think there's a difference in training for an hour or so or for however long they're out there to all being able to sit down to a serious meeting that could go on for hours where they need to be fully commited and where there will be a lot of pressure and such.
With work and family commitments..could you find the time, do you know 30 men who could, all on the same day?
It's not as easy as where and when.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 18, 2009, 02:56:59 PM

Are you serious ?? Their future careers are in the balance and you're trying to tell me that with work commitments that it's hard to get a evening where they'd all be free ??

That's exactly what I'm telling you OM. You are obviously not blessed enough to have a life, work and family, but if you did you'd no how dalm difficult is it to get an hour or two away, never mind an entire day set aside for a meeting (that will only end in one way bar some miracle.)
These guys are amateurs at the end of the day in case you forgot.

And what now, you don't believe that some have work commitments, are you off your head all together. What reason have they given you to think differently.

Maybe when you're older you'll realise..

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 18, 2009, 03:28:00 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 18, 2009, 02:56:59 PM

That's exactly what I'm telling you OM. You are obviously not blessed enough to have a life, work and family, but if you did you'd no how dalm difficult is it to get an hour or two away, never mind an entire day set aside for a meeting (that will only end in one way bar some miracle.)
These guys are amateurs at the end of the day in case you forgot.

And what now, you don't believe that some have work commitments, are you off your head all together. What reason have they given you to think differently.

Maybe when you're older you'll realise..

I've been acused of writing some rubbish on this thread but this takes the biscuit.

Where is all the passion,the courage, commitment, martyrdom, honesty etc etc that you've been telling us about the strikers ??

Suddenly they can't find the time to go to a meeting even though they're training away a copule of times a week collectively ???

Surely you can't even believe that.

First of all it was work commitments - now it's work and family commitments  :D  :D :D

I've admired your defence of the strikers all through but trying to tell us that the players can't coordinate their diaries in order to meet up with the management / CB is simply laughable.

Don't expect anybody to buy that please.

realrebel

reillers
why coulnt they cancel a days traning to attend the meeting