McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realrebel

was in town today having something to eat and guess what i saw a couple of the footballers happily talking to ger mac
for players supposed to be going on strike with the hurlers
it damn well didnt look like these players were

passedit

Quote from: realrebel on January 15, 2009, 06:10:49 PM
was in town today having something to eat and guess what i saw a couple of the footballers happily talking to ger mac

Teddy entering the fray again was the gauntlet thrown down to the footballers. If they have anything in them they'll pick it up.
Don't Panic

realrebel

to be honest with ya i dont think they are going to get involved
they would have done it by now and i dont buy that cr*p bout biding their time

orangeman

Quote from: passedit on January 15, 2009, 06:42:12 PM

Teddy entering the fray again was the gauntlet thrown down to the footballers. If they have anything in them they'll pick it up.

Really ? Do you not feel things are bad enough without bringing another panel of players into it ?

orangeman

Maybe things aren't as bad as what is beibg painted. In the North you used to have situations where the DUP and SF wouldn't even sit in the same television studio together and look at the love ins they have now. I know the 2 situations are not the same but perhaps it's not as bad as it is being portrayed.

The same thing apllies to Teddy Mac - who says he's against the players ? Maybe it's something that has just beenplanted in their minds and isn't at all true ?.

Is Teddy Mac yet another pawn in the game being played out by the two sides ? Or is he a victim of the fall out between the players and the CB ?.

JMohan

I wonder would the strikers ever have the balls to ask another team for a Challenge match?

Better still would any team take it up?

orangeman

Quote from: JMohan on January 15, 2009, 09:34:55 PM
I wonder would the strikers ever have the balls to ask another team for a Challenge match?

Better still would any team take it up?

A challenge match for what ? A breakaway league and championship ? You might have touched on something there.

GAA / GPA version of the All Ireland ?

Reillers

Quote from: Tatler Jack on January 14, 2009, 10:14:28 PM
Quote from: Tatler Jack on January 13, 2009, 10:51:55 PM
QuoteSurely you know better then most on here that the CB are, well no one supports them, there are two sides in this arguement when it comes to the fans in Cork, the players or Gerald, but you'll find it very very difficult to find a person who backs the CB and who can think

Reillers can you clarify what you mean exactly when you refer to the County Board. Do you mean the officers (executive) or executive plus the delegates from the Intermediate and Senior Clubs who attend the regular board meetings. Or are you just referring to the County Secretary?

Reillers - any chance of a reply?

Hey sorry didn't see it.
When I say Cb I mean executives, mainly Murphy, but the executives are the ones who I've a problem with.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 15, 2009, 03:32:01 PM
Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on January 15, 2009, 03:14:08 PM

Allen blames board, rules out resolution

QuoteJohn Allen, the former Cork hurling manager, has blamed the county board for the row with the Rebels' senior hurlers and said there is little prospect of a resolution being found to the ongoing impasse.

Allen, who guided a Cork side full of the row's chief protagonists to All-Ireland success in 2005, says the county board "have sought confrontation" and lacked "respect" in their dealings with the players. 

The timing of Allen's words, the day after it was confirmed that the players have decided to meet Gerald McCarthy and the entire executive of the board en masse, will further erode any hopes of finding an immediate resolution to the festering dispute.

Allen is adamant that the players will not play under McCarthy, and the word on the street on Leeside on Wednesday was that the players were willing to engage with McCarthy merely to reiterate their stance on the issue.   

"I put the blame squarely at the feet of the executive of the Board. They have sought confrontation this year, last year and 2002," said Allen.

"They would not engage with the players or have respect for their view.

"They ploughed ahead and made a decision when the players didn' t want a decision taken.

"The two words needed most are 'trust' and 'respect' and I think they have broken down. It will be very hard to rebuild bridges.

"I want a resolution and I hope for one, but I just don't see the players and the management being in that dressing room for 2009.

"That's my opinion, but from what I know is going on and what we have all read publicly, I can't see the players working with Gerald McCarthy. All that has been said has made it much worse."

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/other-sports/2009/01/15/GAA-Allen-on-Cork-row/gnid-35486/

Interesting that he doesn't apportion any blame to Mc Carthy in this statement and lays the blame totally at the CB's door.

He doesn't say who has made the situation worse by talking, the players or Mc Carthy  - it can't be the CB cause they stayed out of the row after they appointed Mc Carthy.
Why wouldn't he, the CB are the biggest joke in Cork GAA. Allen knows this better then most, he's witnessed them first hand.
There is no way in hell that the CB should have been reappointed. They deliberatley reappointed him just to get rid of the players. There was no reason at all no backing no hope no nothing, for them to reappoint him, and they did it for one reason and one reason only and we all know why. This wasn't about McCarthy as a manager, the CB just put him back in, knowing that the players didn't want him, knowing how shocking the results had been under him, knowing clearly how the players felt, he was reappointed anyway, but not for what promises he brings or his coaching abilities. Purely to get rid of the players and no other reason and every single person, no matter what they believe, knows that.
It is, to be blunt, another mess created singlehandedly by the board, except this time, sadly, it was created on purpose. They are a disgrace for what they stand for, for who they are supposed to be and we wont get anywhere anytime soon until a new boards put in place.

orangeman

From an earlier post of mine Reillers - I'd be interested in your assessment / reading of the situation as it is now :
I've made the point already how ironic it is that the striking players are quite prepared to sit down and discuss the situation with the CB but not prepared to sit down with Mc Carthy, when in fact the target for their fire should be the CB itself. Thev striking players seem to have allowed the CB to pass through their radar. The players' targets now seem to be those who have aligned themselves to the CB, i.e Gerald and Teddy - but maybe that's a deliberate ploy, knowing that the 2 Mc Carthys will be easier removed than the entire county board, the chariman of which is now Sully's father.

What do you think ?.

Reillers has always contended that the CB would drop Mc Carthy just like they did with Teddy Holland - maybe he's right but somehow I think this fight is a wee bit different in that Mc Carthy is in the job and has a panel of players albeit that they are newcomers.

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on January 15, 2009, 07:07:48 PM
Is Teddy Mac yet another pawn in the game being played out by the two sides ? Or is he a victim of the fall out between the players and the CB ?.

:D

If you knew anything about teddy mc you wouldn't have come up with that line!

that really has given me a chuckle

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on January 16, 2009, 10:29:02 AM
Quote from: orangeman on January 15, 2009, 07:07:48 PM

:D

If you knew anything about teddy mc you wouldn't have come up with that line!

that really has given me a chuckle

He can't be that bad - really ?

theskull1

I hope he's not as bad as his sticks  :). Not impressed with them
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

INDIANA

orangeman