McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 10, 2009, 11:32:34 AM
Quote from: orangeman on January 10, 2009, 12:31:16 AM
GAA / Reillers - would the players agree to Mc Carthy bringing in other faces into the set up to see if it would help things ?.

Don't know, the problems still there he's still manager.

My guess now after this week, when the players refused to meet Mc Carthy, (I've information that they actually got up and walked out of a meeting perhaps Reillers might be able to confirm this ), that the  CB have privately admitted that there's no point flogging a dead horse, Mc Carthy is the manager and they're going to let him get on with the job.

They were in a meeting, the made it clear that they didn't want McCarthy there, but he walks in anyway so the players left. McCarthy could leave the players just meet with the CB on their own, they might get something solved, but no he wont, he makes it about him again.

The players were playing with fire, leaving themselves no where to go when push came to shove.

They're either very brave men prepared to stand by their beliefs at any cost or else they're seriously misguded, silly and ill advised.

Only time will tell.

Do you not get the sense that it has nearly got to the stage where the CB are more inclined to say, right, we've given the players ample chances to meet and resolve something but they're not willing to play for Gerald, so he's still thr manager, forget about the strikers, time to move on ???

Uladh

Looking from a very long distance it doesn't appear that there'll be any middle ground found. i'd say some of the squad will eventually g back but 10 or 12 won't play this year til McCarthy goes in the autumn.

stevetharlear

Quote from: Uladh on January 10, 2009, 12:58:51 PM

Looking from a very long distance it doesn't appear that there'll be any middle ground found. i'd say some of the squad will eventually g back but 10 or 12 won't play this year til McCarthy goes in the autumn.

He won't make Autumn. Neither will Cork.

Reillers

Reillers

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 10, 2009, 07:03:28 PM
Oh they'll be out in the first round of Munster.

By posting that twice, do you want to see them out in the first round ??  ;)

Will you still support them even if there 4th / 5th string  ??

Reillers

Cork (SH v Waterford IT): A Kennedy; C O'Sullivan, A Kearney, E Clancy; G O'Connor, A Ryan, E Keane; T Og Murphy, B Johnston; C McCarthy, C O'Leary, W O'Brien; D Crowley, P Honohan, R O'Driscoll.

Is the team apparently for tommorow.
They might win the game but a team like this will get bashed out the gates come May. There'll be no need for checking the fixtures before booking my holidays this year. Couldn't imagine a year without doing so, but sadly..

And OM saying it twice doesn't mean I want it to happen, I just believe it will.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 AM
Cork (SH v Waterford IT): A Kennedy; C O'Sullivan, A Kearney, E Clancy; G O'Connor, A Ryan, E Keane; T Og Murphy, B Johnston; C McCarthy, C O'Leary, W O'Brien; D Crowley, P Honohan, R O'Driscoll.

Is the team apparently for tommorow.
They might win the game but a team like this will get bashed out the gates come May. There'll be no need for checking the fixtures before booking my holidays this year. Couldn't imagine a year without doing so, but sadly..

And OM saying it twice doesn't mean I want it to happen, I just believe it will.

Are you going along to the match today Reillers ?

orangeman

Reillers

Cork 0-9 0-14 WIT

So does the public outcry start here or....

I'm waiting for the media response from McCarthy even though we all know what it'll be.
..An encouraging display, time to build on it, with some positive preformances..

Bullshit, bullshit display, everything about this is a joke.

orangeman

Down 0-16 Tyrone 0-9

What was worse about the Tyrone performance was that there were a lot of the first team actually playing.

So Cork did rather well all things consdered. As you say, Mc Carthy will take a lot of positives from the game.

St. Mary's teacher training college beat Monaghan as well.

Reillers

It was a perfect situation for the CB and McCarthy..
Cork had home advantage.
WIT were missing alot of real intercounty players who were still out of the country
There was some serious motivation there. To prove themselves.
A lot of training done of McCarthy amazing quality sessions of course.
And a new backroom team.

And Cork lost. Against a team that will be nothing like the standards we'll meet in the summer.

Either somethings done or it'll be a blood bath.

A rumour going around that one or two of the lads on the real team have said they've retired. And so it begins. We're screwed. Screwed.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 11, 2009, 04:04:34 PM
Down 0-16 Tyrone 0-9

What was worse about the Tyrone performance was that there were a lot of the first team actually playing.

So Cork did rather well all things consdered. As you say, Mc Carthy will take a lot of positives from the game.

St. Mary's teacher training college beat Monaghan as well.

WIT. Not a decent enough team intercounty team with a lot of kids in it with some serious talent. WIT, without their main stars.
Tyrone have proved it all, have won and so they lost today, that's nothing. Not a blimp on the radar because they'll be there or there abouts come September.
But this, THIS, we've no players to bring in, we can't improve on this, not really. This is it.

McCarthy taking positives out of it?? No, I was saying what he'll say to the media, McCarthy knows as well as the rest of us, Cork are screwed with this team.

orangeman

I'd say that neither Mickey Harte or Banty Mc Eneaney will be sacked - St. Mary's would have only a tiny pick but yet were able to turn over one of the better sides in the country in Monaghan.

What age are the lads that have retired ? Were you expecting any retirements from the strikers in any case ?There was talk after last August that Sully and Deano had packed in anyway.

orangeman

I took your advice and bet WIT todat at 4-6. I thought they were good value given the upheaval down there and the fact that all these colleges teams raise their game to play the county teams.

UUJ beat Derry as well - so I wouldn't read too much into the WIT /Cork result.

The team is only in its infancy. You say you've nobody to throw in - I don't mean to be contreversial but when a few of the "real" team as you call them come back, your team will be well bolstered.