but they will probably get destroyed.
I think it's probably the only thing that's going to happen,
that can happen.
I think for the mean time it's over and done with
for now.
Either way I think McCarthy will be gone
at the end of the season.
He'll either step down now
or be fired after a few disastorus results. 

Is that from LL Cool J?

cicfada

Quote from: Reillers on January 08, 2009, 09:25:16 PM
Respect, they respected him, he's lost their respect now, but they didn't disrespect him then. It was clear from the start. The board knew exactly how they felt.
The players don't like talking to the media, and they have been asked not to make a comment to to the media while talks are on.
They said that they were walking away and they haven't said otherwise whether that's to be believed or not is another question but I don't know. Walking away was probably harder then they've thought.
There will probably be a outcry from the Cork public after a few hammerings, I've no problem with the kids but they will probably get destroyed.
I think it's probably the only thing that's going to happen, that can happen. I think for the mean time it's over and done with for now. Either way I think McCarthy will be gone at the end of the season. He'll either step down now or be fired after a few disastorus results. 

So which is, did they respect him or not?? Fuckin confusing this timeline of respect! Listen I was at the Tipp match and I wasn't impressed either. But if the players and they have said it often enough, knew how to win all-Irelands with a particular style, then were they going to  listen to any coach attempting to change their style? Kilkenny had, courtesy of Portumna figured out how to counteract Cork's running and possession game in 2006. That meant that Cork had to come up with an alternative style, a Plan B, so to speak! So Mc Carthy tried to change some things. However  this was always going to be difficult with players who had been successful with the other style and were set in their ways!  So Cork a team in transition was going to find it hard if not impossible to return to successful ways!! They were 8 points up against Tipp last year after 20 mins  but at halftime I knew Tipp would be laughing. For me the galling thing about the game was seeing Joe Deane  coming on with only 5 mins left in the match! Too late by far!  He hasn't impressed me as a coach so far either but there are some mitigating circumstances, players have to see that! Any word on the players overview of the meetings at all??? Tremendous opportunity there for some PR fighting talk I would have  thought!!!

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 08, 2009, 08:52:04 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2009, 08:06:42 PM
Jesus but you must hate Mc Carthy - you must hate me as well for even trying to defend his position !!!

What did he ever do on you personally that was so horrible ?.

I don't hate McCarthy, he's a legend and I've said that 100 times. I'm pissed off at you for lying, for making shite up, for rambling on and on and it's bullshit.
You know it's bullshit we all know it's bullshit but you continue to do so to make the players look bad and at the same time you call yourself not bias. You talk like what you say is fact, when none of it was based on fact at all. You say you have a good knowledge of Cork hurling, that you know what's going on on the inside, and then you come out with stupid questions that even an uninformed Cork fan would know.
But you keep going on and on. And all at the time you keep saying you're not biased. Which we all know you are, you come across as the most biased person on here. I may favour the players in this argument but I don't hate McCarthy, you hate the players.

Change the record Reillers - the best form of defence is attack ! Smokescreens et al !

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2009, 10:02:17 PM
Quote from: Reillers on January 08, 2009, 08:52:04 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2009, 08:06:42 PM
Jesus but you must hate Mc Carthy - you must hate me as well for even trying to defend his position !!!

What did he ever do on you personally that was so horrible ?.

I don't hate McCarthy, he's a legend and I've said that 100 times. I'm pissed off at you for lying, for making shite up, for rambling on and on and it's bullshit.
You know it's bullshit we all know it's bullshit but you continue to do so to make the players look bad and at the same time you call yourself not bias. You talk like what you say is fact, when none of it was based on fact at all. You say you have a good knowledge of Cork hurling, that you know what's going on on the inside, and then you come out with stupid questions that even an uninformed Cork fan would know.
But you keep going on and on. And all at the time you keep saying you're not biased. Which we all know you are, you come across as the most biased person on here. I may favour the players in this argument but I don't hate McCarthy, you hate the players.

Change the record Reillers - the best form of defence is attack ! Smokescreens et al !

How about you reply instead of saying change the record and crap like that, or how about you reply to the post where you blatantly lied.

orangeman

Wouldn't it be just awful if some of the players went back in spite of the phonecalls, the "encouragement" and the call to arms ?.

You just can't hack the fact that the squad are divided on the isse of returning - the so called leaders are so far doing a good job of keeping them out but I don't think it will always be the case.

Again, I've no proof - but you've none either.

But I don't know much about it.

orangeman

Will you go to Pairc Ui Rinn on Sunday Reillers ? Do you expect a big crowd ? Will the players go to it do you think ?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 09, 2009, 12:41:13 AM
Wouldn't it be just awful if some of the players went back in spite of the phonecalls, the "encouragement" and the call to arms ?.

You just can't hack the fact that the squad are divided on the isse of returning - the so called leaders are so far doing a good job of keeping them out but I don't think it will always be the case.

How about you admit the fact that you blatantly lied you can't ignore this one, you blatantly lied to make the players look bad.
You're right, you've no proof, you think that the squad is divided, the players have said otherwise and anyone who knows the players have said otherwise, the fact that pressure has been put on the younger players but from the McCarthy side, not the players side, and you have no proof to back that up. Again you are just going on this to make it look like the players are the bad ones here, why??
You say I don't have proof. How do you know that.
I would like if you answered all of my post especially the part where you lied.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 09, 2009, 07:47:40 AM

How about you admit the fact that you blatantly lied you can't ignore this one, you blatantly lied to make the players look bad.
You're right, you've no proof, you think that the squad is divided, the players have said otherwise and anyone who knows the players have said otherwise, the fact that pressure has been put on the younger players but from the McCarthy side, not the players side, and you have no proof to back that up. Again you are just going on this to make it look like the players are the bad ones here, why??
You say I don't have proof. How do you know that.
I would like if you answered all of my post especially the part where you lied.

You call me biased ? You call me a liar ? Grow up would you !

Just wait to see if the squad stay together or not and we'll see who was right and who was wrong.

You're fighting a prpoganda war.

And losing.

The GAA

At last.

Although i still think your exagerating your knowlledge with that.

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on January 09, 2009, 10:32:01 AM

At last.

How do you claim to have so much knowledge then ??? Maybe you'd impart some, o most clever one !

mouview

No more than this thread, the main thing is that it is in everyone's interest that the row in Cork continues for the foreseeable future, (well everyone except Corkonians, but they don't really count!). Anything that gives a kick in the goulies to Cork GAA that will take years to recover from is a very positive development within the GAA.

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on January 09, 2009, 10:35:02 AM
Quote from: The GAA on January 09, 2009, 10:32:01 AM

At last.

How do you claim to have so much knowledge then ??? Maybe you'd impart some, o most clever one !

That post illutrates the idiocy of you.

i have been at pains on many many occasions to point out that i have no insider knowledge of the situation and have to take public facts at face value, rely on the informed for commentary and draw coherent conclusions, and that you should do the same.

as we all know, you just plough on making stuff up and represent urban myths as your own opinion.

now, that just makes you look an idiot but the real frustration of you ruining this thread every day is that you ignore what other people post. can you really be so stupid as to continue to post remarks which you have been continually corrected on?

The point this time is that when the rest of us don't know about something we say so and shut the fcuk up. you just make more stuff up.

why do you feel you have to personally reply to very post which isn't pro Gerald McCarthy? posters are trying to make general points and not addressing you specifically. in most cases they really would rather you hadn't noticed their posts

orangeman

You're posting there as if you're an authority - coming from Keady really would give you a better insight into the whole hurling world but that doesn't mean you know it all. But I know you lads go to the Munster final every year and this would give you a good insight into the whole going ons down in Cork.

So wind your neck in there and accept that there are two sides to the story - you've rubbished Mc Carthy's management ability to manage without knowing anything about his training methods etc etc. Read your post below and that will show you how ill judged your comments were are are. But keep up the good work.

But you're entitled to reply to post on any subject on this board as am I - maybe you're one of the moderators ? If you are I apologise for replying to posts.

Quote from: The GAA on November 06, 2008, 04:27:43 PM

so you don't know.

any hurling people i talk to support the direction the players have gone after they are furnished with the facts.

on the contrary, the majority of sensible posters here appear to support the cork players

imtommygunn

OM if The GAA or several of the rest of us were moderators you'd have been banned for your contribution to this thread a long time ago.

Where did he say he was an authority?

You're entitled to your reply but you have single handedly destroyed what was potentially a very very interesting thread.

orangeman

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 09, 2009, 11:46:26 AM
OM if The GAA or several of the rest of us were moderators you'd have been banned for your contribution to this thread a long time ago.

Where did he say he was an authority?

You're entitled to your reply but you have single handedly destroyed what was potentially a very very interesting thread.

I have an opinion - so have you - so we can all continue to exercise that right if it's alright by you.