McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: cicfada on January 08, 2009, 07:06:54 PM
Why did it take until the 4th meeting for  the players to  have a problem with Mc carthy coming back as manager though? I have not been able to figure that one out! IF they had so little respect for him they should have said that from the beginning! It was agreed in principle that it would be ok for  him to continue on in the early meetings! They should have given alternatives right from the get go and they didn't!  Another mystery that could be cleared up by the players giving their overview of the meetings I would guess. I am flabbergasted they haven't done that either!
They always had a problem with him being reappointed. It didn't come up until the fourth meeting. Sean Og as proxy for Ga gave alternatives, a fact that has been ignored.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2009, 07:11:00 PM
Why did it take until the 4th meeting for  the players to  have a problem with Mc carthy coming back as manager though? I have not been able to figure that one out! IF they had so little respect for him they should have said that from the beginning! It was agreed in principle that it would be ok for  him to continue on in the early meetings! They should have given alternatives right from the get go and they didn't!  Another mystery that could be cleared up by the players giving their overview of the meetings I would guess. I am flabbergasted they haven't done that either!

It's simple - the senior lads after the 3rd meeting were out in the pub one night and reckoned they needed a change - so they just changed their minds and started a campaign to get rid of him. They put out a pile of bullshit stories about him being a poor manager, about him not knowing some of the players' names, about how short puck outs were banned etc etc etc etc - smokescreens !

You are full of bullshit OM and clearly the most biased person on here who doesn't actually know much about hurling or the Cork team itself but continues with no proof or fact to rip them to shreads at any time possible and at the same time has the nerve to say you're not biased and you expect us to believe it.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 08, 2009, 06:57:38 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2009, 06:53:21 PM
Quote from: Reillers on January 08, 2009, 06:47:49 PM
Quote from: realrebel on January 08, 2009, 06:01:01 PM
reillers
i thought the players were willing to talk
they walked out of a meeting sunday night when ger and his management team came into the room
whats that about how is it supposed to be settled when they wont talk

They've made it clear that they wont sit down with Gerald, just the CB. But Gerald wont even agree to that, he has to be involved. For once would the man just step back.
Not going to the meeting is puting the good of Cork hurling first, and he's not in this case they might get something solved. But no, he refused.

As far as you and the players are concerned Gerald is history - there is nothing to talk about even if Gerald wasn't there - the players know that Gerlad is fit for them and in his absence they might saft soap the CB - But as I said, this CB won't sack Gerald - he was appointed by them and they'll have to stand by him - they know they made too big a mistake last year when they shated Teddy and they're not about to roll over and let the players have full control of everything.
History, no I didn't say that. I think he's a bad manager and I think he wont leave, and his bad management skills will be revealed even more this season.
He's a bad manager, you can't ignore that.
The reason he was reappointed by the CB wasn't because he was a good manger, that's common knowledge he was reappointed was to get rid of the players, I thought that was obvious.
Stand by him?? :D  :D You don't know the CCB and that's clear because the minute things go pear shapped they will wipe their hands of Gerald without a second thought. It's only a matter of time, either he resigns now or is fired later on in the season.

You and the players who you seem to be very close to, reckon that Mc Carthy is a bad manager becuase after two years in charge of Cork he failed to deliver an AI title - well if that's the barometer for being a bad manager, there must be some very, very, very bad ones out there and they're still in their posts - it's the easiest thing in the world to blame the manager !

The players were delighted when Mc Carthy was appointed. They had no objections ot him staying on another year. They just deicded they wanted a change and when the CB reappointed him the players took the hump.

I firmly believe that Mc Carthy is an inoccent party here and it's really the players and the CB who have the differences.

Mc Carthy is the victim here !

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 08, 2009, 07:13:55 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2009, 07:11:00 PM

It's simple - the senior lads after the 3rd meeting were out in the pub one night and reckoned they needed a change - so they just changed their minds and started a campaign to get rid of him. They put out a pile of bullshit stories about him being a poor manager, about him not knowing some of the players' names, about how short puck outs were banned etc etc etc etc - smokescreens !

You are full of bullshit OM and clearly the most biased person on here who doesn't actually know much about hurling or the Cork team itself but continues with no proof or fact to rip them to shreads at any time possible and at the same time has the nerve to say you're not biased and you expect us to believe it.

That's an improvement - a couple of days ago I knew feck all ! Thanks for according me some knowledge. I really appreciate that. I must have impressed you with some little snippet.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2009, 07:06:46 PM
reillers
they walked out of a meeting sunday night when ger and his management team came into the room

They've made it clear that they wont sit down with Gerald, just the CB. But Gerald wont even agree to that, he has to be involved. For once would the man just step back.
Not going to the meeting is puting the good of Cork hurling first, and he's not in this case they might get something solved. But no, he refused.

As far as you and the players are concerned Gerald is history - there is nothing to talk about even if Gerald wasn't there - the players know that Gerlad is fit for them and in his absence they might saft soap the CB - But as I said, this CB won't sack Gerald - he was appointed by them and they'll have to stand by him - they know they made too big a mistake last year when they shated Teddy and they're not about to roll over and let the players have full control of everything.
History, no I didn't say that. I think he's a bad manager and I think he wont leave, and his bad management skills will be revealed even more this season.
The reason he was reappointed by the CB wasn't because he was a good manger, that's common knowledge he was reappointed was to get rid of the players, I thought that was obvious.
Stand by him?? :D  :D You don't know the CCB and that's clear because the minute things go pear shapped they will wipe their hands of Gerald without a second thought. It's only a matter of time, either he resigns now or is fired later on in the season.

That's only your opinion - to say otherwise is just your view of things which let's face it isn't always entirely accurate - it's got a rather jaundiced view of reality most times.

It's common knowledge.
The players made it clear to the CB that they didn't want Gerald back as manager.
The CB knew full well that a facilitator was needed to be brought in for them to get to the end of the season.
Gerald has done terribly as Cork manager.
He's brought very little players in despite them being there, he's failed to come up with decent tactics and style of play.
He didn't build on a rock hard foundation that was handed to him that had been built up for 6 years..he tore it down.
Training was poor.
It took him till the Galway game last season to find his best team.
He is a bad manager and there are countless facts to prove that.
Players, teams don't go backwards that quickly in a couple of months.
McCarthy managed to take a team and bring them backwards.
The results have been poor
He lost the dressing room.

The players made their feelings clear about Gerald, the CB were well aware of how poor he's done and the fact that a facilitator was needed to be brought in.

So what do the CB do?? The reappoint him, now if you don't believe me, think about all these facts and please, what other reason would there have been to bring him back. He didn't get on with the players, the players didn't want him back, his training, tactics, and results have been poor.
In any other county sacked. He would have been gotten rid of, but no, in this county, no no.

He's kept on..Why is that??
Use your head, use your brain. There's only one reason he was reappointed.

realrebel

reillers
u are right the players did mention alternatives but thats all it was
they never proposed any name and thats a fact

orangeman

In June 2008, some in the Tyrone CB and many, many fans said that Mickey Harte was useless - players were kicking about training methods - plenty of talk anout rifts in the camp - some supporters after the Down match went over to him and told him to leave - he got phone calls to his house in the middle of the night from fans who told him that he was poor manager and that he should leave now before he got kicked out.

Thankfully Mickey Harte didn't believe all that was being said and written about him. Thankfully the so called fans who reckoned he was a bad manager were entirely wrong -  the players who had doubted him were proved wrong -

Why ??? Cos he believed in himself - he didn't believe those who said he was no good.

You just might be wrong about Mc Carthy too you know.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2009, 07:16:48 PM
reillers

You and the players who you seem to be very close to, reckon that Mc Carthy is a bad manager becuase after two years in charge of Cork he failed to deliver an AI title - well if that's the barometer for being a bad manager, there must be some very, very, very bad ones out there and they're still in their posts - it's the easiest thing in the world to blame the manager !

The players were delighted when Mc Carthy was appointed.
They had no objections ot him staying on another year. They just deicded they wanted a change and when the CB reappointed him the players took the hump.

I firmly believe that Mc Carthy is an inoccent party here and it's really the players and the CB who have the differences.

Of course he is OM. Poor McCarthy, a saint isn't he. He's never done a thing wrong.
In the two years he's been here Cork have gone backwards.
This is Cork not the likes of Cavan.
You expect the best. Are you sure it's Tyrone your from??  :-\
He failed to bring in players waiting to be brought in.
He went backwards and used tactics on the pitch that were outdatted and dropped players for not following them.
It's even easier to blame the manager when it's his fault.
His fault that he didn't bring in players, his fault that his tactics used were outdated, that his training was poor, that he was late a lot. His fault that he made bad decisions when it came to game style and making subs that reflected on the results.

What of the above aren't his fault??

BULLSHIT. FACTLESS BULLSHIT OM, You are talking through your arse here. It is common knowledge that the palyers weren't happy with McCarthy's appointment at the start. You just lied through your hole.

They had no objections ot him staying on another year...

AGAIN BULLSHIT. FACTLESS BULLSHIT!!
Lying again.

Clearly you hate the players and are going out of your way to make them look bad. First by exageragting now by lying through your hole.
You're making a fool of yourself.  

And I've no doubt you'll just ignore that.
But like I said, cut the bs.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2009, 07:33:16 PM
In June 2008, some in the Tyrone CB and many, many fans said that Mickey Harte was useless - players were kicking about training methods - plenty of talk anout rifts in the camp - some supporters after the Down match went over to him and told him to leave - he got phone calls to his house in the middle of the night from fans who told him that he was poor manager and that he should leave now before he got kicked out.

Thankfully Mickey Harte didn't believe all that was being said and written about him. Thankfully the so called fans who reckoned he was a bad manager were entirely wrong -  the players who had doubted him were proved wrong -

Why ??? Cos he believed in himself - he didn't believe those who said he was no good.

You just might be wrong about Mc Carthy too you know.

At that point Mickey Harte was a proven manager, 2 AI titles with that team, behind him and he had the backing of most of the players who had been with him all the way up.
Gerald isn't a proven manager with this team.
He's no backing from any of the players.
He bitches about the players to the media.
He leaked confidential information to the media about the players to make them look two faced.
Some examples of what he's done.

Mickey Harte did none of the above.

orangeman

Jesus but you must hate Mc Carthy - you must hate me as well for even trying to defend his position !!!

What did he ever do on you personally that was so horrible ?.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 08, 2009, 07:36:24 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2009, 07:16:48 PM
reillers

They had no objections ot him staying on another year. They just deicded they wanted a change and when the CB reappointed him the players took the hump.

Of course he is OM. Poor McCarthy, a saint isn't he. He's never done a thing wrong.
In the two years he's been here Cork have gone backwards.
This is Cork not the likes of Cavan.
You expect the best. Are you sure it's Tyrone your from??  :-\
He failed to bring in players waiting to be brought in.
He went backwards and used tactics on the pitch that were outdatted and dropped players for not following them.
It's even easier to blame the manager when it's his fault.
His fault that he didn't bring in players, his fault that his tactics used were outdated, that his training was poor, that he was late a lot. His fault that he made bad decisions when it came to game style and making subs that reflected on the results.

What of the above aren't his fault??

BULLSHIT. FACTLESS BULLSHIT OM, You are talking through your arse here. It is common knowledge that the palyers weren't happy with McCarthy's appointment at the start. You just lied through your hole.

They had no objections ot him staying on another year...

AGAIN BULLSHIT. FACTLESS BULLSHIT!!
Lying again.

Clearly you hate the players and are going out of your way to make them look bad. First by exageragting now by lying through your hole.
You're making a fool of yourself.  

And I've no doubt you'll just ignore that.
But like I said, cut the bs.

You're making all of this up - and you've the cheek to call me a liar ?.

Reillers

MAKING WHAT UP!??!

All of them are facts.
All of these problems have been highlighted by the players and some have been clear to see to the public.

You lied completley and it's bull shit and the fact that you're denyung it is a joke, just stop making such a fool of yourself.

Would you like me to get quotes from the book to proove that they weren't happy when he was appointed. Oh wait let me guess Moynihan and the players were probably making that up to right. ::) ::)

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2009, 08:06:42 PM
Jesus but you must hate Mc Carthy - you must hate me as well for even trying to defend his position !!!

What did he ever do on you personally that was so horrible ?.

I don't hate McCarthy, he's a legend and I've said that 100 times. I'm pissed off at you for lying, for making shite up, for rambling on and on and it's bullshit.
You know it's bullshit we all know it's bullshit but you continue to do so to make the players look bad and at the same time you call yourself not bias. You talk like what you say is fact, when none of it was based on fact at all. You say you have a good knowledge of Cork hurling, that you know what's going on on the inside, and then you come out with stupid questions that even an uninformed Cork fan would know.
But you keep going on and on. And all at the time you keep saying you're not biased. Which we all know you are, you come across as the most biased person on here. I may favour the players in this argument but I don't hate McCarthy, you hate the players.

cicfada

Quote from: Reillers on January 08, 2009, 07:12:13 PM
They always had a problem with him being reappointed. It didn't come up until the fourth meeting. Sean Og as proxy for Ga gave alternatives, a fact that has been ignored.

If the level of disrespect for Mc carthy was manifest before any of the meetings, then the players should have made that clear from the start! This "it didn't come up until the 4th meeting is a complete red herring! As if the players who ran to the media after the process couldn't have contacted a friendly hack  before then!!!!!!!!  And it did come up before the 4th meeting, as the players and the board agreed in principle at the 2nd meeting to have Mc Carthy back!  I still would like to hear a players overview of the meetings though, I am amazed that they have let Franks overview as given in the convention be the "official" one seeing as he is supposed to be so corrupt and incompetent and vindictive etc etc I remember  Ben O'Connor saying to Kieran Shannon in the original article "to let them off, we won't be playing for them next year" .  "Let them off" suggests that they were going to walk away but that's what they have failed to do! I suppose the tactics changed when they saw the poor team that will represent Cork now! A few hammerings and the public get agitated huh? It's the only card left to play I suppose!!

Reillers

Respect, they respected him, he's lost their respect now, but they didn't disrespect him then. It was clear from the start. The board knew exactly how they felt.
The players don't like talking to the media, and they have been asked not to make a comment to to the media while talks are on.
They said that they were walking away and they haven't said otherwise whether that's to be believed or not is another question but I don't know. Walking away was probably harder then they've thought.
There will probably be a outcry from the Cork public after a few hammerings, I've no problem with the kids but they will probably get destroyed.
I think it's probably the only thing that's going to happen, that can happen. I think for the mean time it's over and done with for now. Either way I think McCarthy will be gone at the end of the season. He'll either step down now or be fired after a few disastorus results.