McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: The GAA on January 05, 2009, 08:48:39 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 05, 2009, 08:14:36 PM

Do the GPA really believe that without Gardiner and O hAilpin there is nothing ????????? No wonder the Cork lads are behaving the way they are, listening to this rubbish for the gospel.

that is really your conclusion from that quote?

lord jaysus

Tell me about it. I don't actually think he can read a full sentence though. Every single post of his has been him taking words, just words from sentences, it doesn't matter what the sentence says, just highlights the words and makes his own twisted points about it.
Or who knows, maybe he didn't know the rest are hurlers.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on January 05, 2009, 08:39:31 PM

The CB are evil b----rds. They're out to hang the players.

So you're saying the county board are at fault?

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 05, 2009, 08:47:04 PM
I don't have to repeat myself, for you, yes, for you I need finger puppets at this rate.
You say you're not biased.

Grow up.

;) ;) ;)

Take those finger puppets and spell out some of the home truths you've been getting about the players' actions. And repeat them until they understand cos it seems they're not listening to the scathing remarks being thrown in thier direction. It's all very well to have a wee article printed every now and again to give them a bit of moral support, but moral support won't be any good in the long run.

Get them to go and meet up with whoever - forget about who is there and who isn't there - they're big enough men to argue their own corner  - God knows they enough experience od striking at this stage - hurling starts this Sunday and hoefully for Cork it will run to September.

So come on - enough of the picket line stuff - get the talking over with - meet with Mc Carthy   - he's the manager - give him a chance - he stuck by the players wnenever they were in the shit - so at least listen to what he has to say.

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on January 05, 2009, 08:48:39 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 05, 2009, 08:14:36 PM

Do the GPA really believe that without Gardiner and O hAilpin there is nothing ????????? No wonder the Cork lads are behaving the way they are, listening to this rubbish for the gospel.

that is really your conclusion from that quote?

lord jaysus

What's yours conclusion ?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 05, 2009, 08:55:28 PM
Quote from: Reillers on January 05, 2009, 08:47:04 PM
I don't have to repeat myself, for you, yes, for you I need finger puppets at this rate.
You say you're not biased.

Grow up.

;) ;) ;)

Take those finger puppets and spell out some of the home truths you've been getting about the players' actions. And repeat them until they understand cos it seems they're not listening to the scathing remarks being thrown in thier direction. It's all very well to have a wee article printed every now and again to give them a bit of moral support, but moral support won't be any good in the long run.

Get them to go and meet up with whoever - forget about who is there and who isn't there - they're big enough men to argue their own corner  - God knows they enough experience od striking at this stage - hurling starts this Sunday and hoefully for Cork it will run to September.

So come on - enough of the picket line stuff - get the talking over with - meet with Mc Carthy   - he's the manager - give him a chance - he stuck by the players wnenever they were in the shit - so at least listen to what he has to say.

OM in case you've missed it, the players have agreed to meet and talk. You really don't get it though, you really don't.
How many more times does it have to be said to you. Forget about who's there?? Argue their own corner?? They're talking to the wall, that's why they went on strike, they'd argued, they begged the CB not to do what they did and it was useless. Time and time again I've siad it, the CB don't listen to them, or anyone else for that matter.

They've gave him time. He's had two years. That's the problem they've listended to him, they've had two years with him. They don't want another two. That's why we're here.

And I can't believe that all you got from Dessie's quote was that, you say you're not biased but all you got was that. FFS like.

Where are you from..I've been wondering that, where are from, surely not a hurling county.

The GAA

role models and ambassadors are a central part of our association and vital in inspiring and encouraging our impressionable youngsters towards maintaining their interest in our games. to lose this facet of the GAA ould be highly damaging to the long term future of the association. farrell is obviously tasked with highlighting the worth of leading stars in both codes to the GAA and the social fabric of this country.

Reillers

Ya and atleast they are doing something, people have a very divided on the GPA and their politics and what they mean, people think that all they want is pay for play.
But one thing has to be said about them is that they care about the game, both codes, and at least they are doing something, trying to get the game to grow.
Dessie's point was

What about the next generation?
The GAA take these men for granted. The work they are doing with their county (and their clubs.)
Where would the GAA be if we didn't have Ga or Sean Og or Shefflin, Canning, Dooher..etc. If nobody did anything, if people did live the dream. The GAA would have nothing.
Without these players the GAA would be in trouble, it'd have nothing.
Role models, ambassdors, heroes to many. I remember after the Cork Galway game we'd the young lads out for training, a bunch of 9/10 year olds and they all were trying to hit the ball like Deane, hit the ball over the bar with the hurley upside down, and bless half of them can barely hit the ball over with the hurley the right way, but they all wanted to be like good old Deano. All because of one inspiring point. You couldn't walk down the street that weekend without seeing a lad with a hurley. Instead of a growing amount of rugby balls. These players keep the game popular, it keeps it going. In a little town in Cork, Cobh, there was an opening of Supervalue or Centra or something and they had gotten the twins to open it, everyone was waiting and it's not really a GAA place, more of a soccer town, the lads who produced Roy Keane, Stephen Ireland, Stephen O Halloran, but when they pulled up in the car kids flocked to them. They adored them. Like I said, it's not a popular GAA town, but people like the twins, make kids pick up hurleys.
There are so many different stories with the same outcome. The county players are key to the GAA's survival.

I really can't believe that all you got out of this was to criticise the Cork lads, all you did was highlight their name in a long list and for no reason whinged and bitched, and you keep saying you're not biased.

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on January 05, 2009, 09:02:07 PM
role models and ambassadors are a central part of our association and vital in inspiring and encouraging our impressionable youngsters towards maintaining their interest in our games. to lose this facet of the GAA ould be highly damaging to the long term future of the association. farrell is obviously tasked with highlighting the worth of leading stars in both codes to the GAA and the social fabric of this country.

Sean Og etc were great ambassadors but once they started to trade insults with their current manager, asking him what he wanted all the hassle at his time of day etc etc they lost a lot in the yes of the public - Dessie's speech was written before the strike by the way.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 05, 2009, 09:08:32 PM
Ya and atleast they are doing something, people have a very divided on the GPA and their politics and what they mean, people think that all they want is pay for play.
But one thing has to be said about them is that they care about the game, both codes, and at least they are doing something, trying to get the game to grow.
Dessie's point was

What about the next generation?
The GAA take these men for granted. The work they are doing with their county (and their clubs.)
Where would the GAA be if we didn't have Ga or Sean Og or Shefflin, Canning, Dooher..etc. If nobody did anything, if people did live the dream. The GAA would have nothing.
Without these players the GAA would be in trouble, it'd have nothing.
Role models, ambassdors, heroes to many. I remember after the Cork Galway game we'd the young lads out for training, a bunch of 9/10 year olds and they all were trying to hit the ball like Deane, hit the ball over the bar with the hurley upside down, and bless half of them can barely hit the ball over with the hurley the right way, but they all wanted to be like good old Deano. All because of one inspiring point. You couldn't walk down the street that weekend without seeing a lad with a hurley. Instead of a growing amount of rugby balls. These players keep the game popular, it keeps it going.

I really can't believe that all you got out of this was to criticise the Cork lads, all you did was highlight their name in a long list and for no reason whinged and bitched, and you keep saying you're not biased.

Where would Sean Og be without the GAA ??? How much worse off would he be ??? How much did he make last year from the GAA ?

This is not about Mc Carthy - it's bout about the CB - it's not about hurling dying in Cork !!

I'll tell you all what it's about !! It's all about €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ money !!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what it's about !!!

Reillers

You're the one who brought it up, didn't ya read it before hand, didn't ya realise it would show you up.  ;) ;)
They ARE grat embassadors for the game.
McCarthy told them that he wasn't going to take the job again if offered if the players didn't want him to, they said they didn't, but he did it anyway. There's a lot of the story that you aren't aware of. He, yet again, lied or went back on his word.

And..yet again..What about what he's said to and about the players, is that ok, he's lost a lot from what he's been saying. Is that ok.

The GAA

Zulu

QuoteI'll tell you all what it's about !! It's all about €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ money !!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what it's about !!!

If after 100+ pages you honestly believe that, then you truly haven't grasped anything that has been said by anyone on this discussion. Whatever the rights and wrongs, whatever the motivations of either side are, it is not money and the fact that you suggest it is after all that has been said makes me wonder about your motivations.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 05, 2009, 09:24:57 PM
You're the one who brought it up, didn't ya read it before hand, didn't ya realise it would show you up.  ;) ;)
They ARE grat embassadors for the game.
McCarthy told them that he wasn't going to take the job again if offered if the players didn't want him to, they said they didn't, but he did it anyway. There's a lot of the story that you aren't aware of. He, yet again, lied or went back on his word.

And..yet again..What about what he's said to and about the players, is that ok, he's lost a lot from what he's been saying. Is that ok.

Fine.

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on January 05, 2009, 09:26:17 PM

OM - Not for the first time....

you're a gobshite.

That's a great addition ot the debate - now can you contribute anything more meaningful than such a crass comment ? At least deny that it's not about money.

So tell me - how much did Sean Og make last year ?? If not, have a guess.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on January 05, 2009, 09:33:39 PM
QuoteI'll tell you all what it's about !! It's all about €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ money !!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what it's about !!!

If after 100+ pages you honestly believe that, then you truly haven't grasped anything that has been said by anyone on this discussion. Whatever the rights and wrongs, whatever the motivations of either side are, it is not money and the fact that you suggest it is after all that has been said makes me wonder about your motivations.

Reillers says that the GAA would be nothing without Sean Og at al. What would they be wthout the GAA ?