steve
my brother plays on the team with this player and hangs around with him
so theres ur source plus every tom dick and harry knows this

stevetharlear

Quote from: realrebel on December 23, 2008, 07:06:58 PM
steve

But sure every Tom, Dick and Harry knows that Ger lied through his hole re McGurn, regional development squads etc too, but I don't have to believe them, or do I?

OM, is it only in Cork that the players get courtesy cars? BTW, I'd give the car back like a shot, now that Tom, Dick and Harry know about it.

realrebel

steve
if u dont believe me thats grand i dont feck a f**k what u think to be honest
why dont u ask reillers about it sure he would know and he is on the players side
would his answer be good enough for ya or would ya not believe him either

orangeman

Quote from: stevetharlear on December 23, 2008, 07:25:02 PM
steve

But sure every Tom, Dick and Harry knows that Ger lied through his hole re McGurn, regional development squads etc too, but I don't have to believe them, or do I?

OM, is it only in Cork that the players get courtesy cars? BTW, I'd give the car back like a shot, now that Tom, Dick and Harry know about it.

How many Cork players get courtesy cars or big perks because of their special "status" as a Cork hurler ?.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 05:40:50 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 04:48:21 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 03:58:47 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 03:39:41 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 02:09:03 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 01:44:50 AM
Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 12:31:57 AM
Right so - my point is that the players were happy with Gerald until thwy ran into one of the best teams of all time - the Cats - then they decided it was Gerald's fault.

NO they were unhappy with him before hand, afterwards as well. Celebrating a win with the manager doesn't mean they were happy. Clearly the evidence shows that. It's been well documented from the start that the players were unhappy with him. You say you've no problem with the players and no bias at all..please, look at what you are doing.

They were NEVER happy with him, they were going to pull for that McCarthy be gotten rid of as well in the 2006 strike with the footballers but they decided to leave him finish his 2 years, that it's only fair and that they all thought, like we all did that there was no way in hell that he'd get offered the job again..but..here we are.

They were never happy with him, ever, shaking his head afterwards doesn't mean anything, you are just nitpicking.

This says a lot about the players - they were unhappy with Mc Carthy before hand - but did nothing about it - you're now saying they were unhappy even when they were winning - and were unhappy afterwards.

I know they'd love to win the AI - But would they EVER be happy ???.

The ringleaders seem to want total control - they want to be ruling the roost, with the power to get rid of all and sundry.

I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

McCarthy was given TWO years. They gave him a chance, they gave him the seasons which McCarthy was entitled to, they were going to do something about it in 2007 strike but they said he deserved a chance to do it in the two years.

They didn't want him as manager at the start but when he was manager they gave it their all on the pitch, but even when they were winning the training was still crap, and they were unhappy with that.

The "ringleaders" don't want control they want the best for Cork. You say you've no problem with the players, look at your posts and say that again. 

You keep repeatin that the players only want what is best - do you mean they only want what is best for themselves ??? Courtesy cars etc - will they all have to be left back if they're not on the panel ?? Not a bad auld perk, having a company car.

I also believe that the youngers lads are now being unduly influenced by the ringleaders - you keep insisting that Frank tells the county board delegates what way to vote - can I suggest to you therefore that the ringleaders are also telling the younger lads what way to vote ?. Or is that something they wouldn't do, given that they only want what is best !.

They want the best manager they want the best facilities, support, they want to be treated in the same way that KK are, they want the best for Cork, not for themselves, if this was all about them like your "unbiased" mind thinks, they would have walked away a long time ago. You've clearly got an agenda against the players, you say that you are looking at it cleary from a distance which is bull.
The younger players are just as involved in this as the senior lads. They could have all voted no in the SECRET ballad, but they didn't, they didn't have to confront and speak to Gerald the way one or two of them did. They are at risk a hell lot more then the older players. They are taking a chance, just like Ga did, just like a good chunk of the players on the team now, did in 2002.
When the CB vote it's not in private. It's right there in front of him. IF certain things don't happen, don't go the way he wants it, their clubs get the punishment. Murphy is in charge of everything from what games they host, their fixtures, their money..etc. He can, if he wants influence that in so many ways. You can't see that (or wont) so it really is pointless of me trying to explain it to ye.

They want to be treated the same way KK are ?????

And how exactly are KK treated ???

This to me is a very teeling statement and perhaps sums up the whole thing - they want to be treated like KK - they want all the trappings of this great KK team -

This can only be achieved by doing what KK have done - Cork WERE this great side 3 years ago and before - and Frank was secretary then and still is and has been for a long time.

You can't just pick out one team and say you want to be treated like them.

Perhaps this is the whole problem.

Would the KK players dare go on strike ??? Would a KK player dare criticise the manager ?? Would a KK player dare to ask the manager why he wants all the hassle at his "time of day" ?.

Charlie Carter tried it - failed - Brian Mc Evoy tried it - failed - etc etc etc -  The great DJ wasn't picked every day.

I don't mean just like KK. I mean like KK, Tyrone, Kerry..etc. Where the board works with them, not against them, where the board does what's right by the county, not just at county level but at club level as well, where everyone works for the same thing, success, and everyone works together, not inspite of eachother.

Would the KK players have the balls to go on strike when things are THAT wrong, I don't know.
Would the KK players criticise a very poor manager, I'm sure as hell they probablly would.

You know, would I take a new county board in exchange for the chunk of the older players on the team now, ya, without a doubt, that would rescue Cork GAA..at county and club level.
Would the players walk away if that was proposed, a new manager and a better county board..then they'd walk away if it meant getting rid of the cancer that has been destroying Cork GAA for years.

The players are prepared to walk away for the better of Cork hurling, they would take the hit in a heartbeat..would the county board walk away, do what's best for Cork hurling..not a chance in hell.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 07:31:41 PM
steve

How many Cork players get courtesy cars or big perks because of their special "status" as a Cork hurler ?.

I can guarantee you that it is that way in a lot of counties, lay off Cork ffs. These players have earned what they've gotten. Stop nitpicking ffs.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 07:40:07 PM
Right so - my point is that the players were happy with Gerald until thwy ran into one of the best teams of all time - the Cats - then they decided it was Gerald's fault.

NO they were unhappy with him before hand, afterwards as well. Celebrating a win with the manager doesn't mean they were happy. Clearly the evidence shows that. It's been well documented from the start that the players were unhappy with him. You say you've no problem with the players and no bias at all..please, look at what you are doing.

They were NEVER happy with him, they were going to pull for that McCarthy be gotten rid of as well in the 2006 strike with the footballers but they decided to leave him finish his 2 years, that it's only fair and that they all thought, like we all did that there was no way in hell that he'd get offered the job again..but..here we are.

They were never happy with him, ever, shaking his head afterwards doesn't mean anything, you are just nitpicking.

This says a lot about the players - they were unhappy with Mc Carthy before hand - but did nothing about it - you're now saying they were unhappy even when they were winning - and were unhappy afterwards.

The ringleaders seem to want total control - they want to be ruling the roost, with the power to get rid of all and sundry.

McCarthy was given TWO years. They gave him a chance, they gave him the seasons which McCarthy was entitled to, they were going to do something about it in 2007 strike but they said he deserved a chance to do it in the two years.

They didn't want him as manager at the start but when he was manager they gave it their all on the pitch, but even when they were winning the training was still crap, and they were unhappy with that.

The "ringleaders" don't want control they want the best for Cork. You say you've no problem with the players, look at your posts and say that again. 

You keep repeatin that the players only want what is best - do you mean they only want what is best for themselves ??? Courtesy cars etc - will they all have to be left back if they're not on the panel ?? Not a bad auld perk, having a company car.

I also believe that the youngers lads are now being unduly influenced by the ringleaders - you keep insisting that Frank tells the county board delegates what way to vote - can I suggest to you therefore that the ringleaders are also telling the younger lads what way to vote ?. Or is that something they wouldn't do, given that they only want what is best !.

They want the best manager they want the best facilities, support, they want to be treated in the same way that KK are, they want the best for Cork, not for themselves, if this was all about them like your "unbiased" mind thinks, they would have walked away a long time ago. You've clearly got an agenda against the players, you say that you are looking at it cleary from a distance which is bull.
The younger players are just as involved in this as the senior lads. They could have all voted no in the SECRET ballad, but they didn't, they didn't have to confront and speak to Gerald the way one or two of them did. They are at risk a hell lot more then the older players. They are taking a chance, just like Ga did, just like a good chunk of the players on the team now, did in 2002.
When the CB vote it's not in private. It's right there in front of him. IF certain things don't happen, don't go the way he wants it, their clubs get the punishment. Murphy is in charge of everything from what games they host, their fixtures, their money..etc. He can, if he wants influence that in so many ways. You can't see that (or wont) so it really is pointless of me trying to explain it to ye.

This to me is a very teeling statement and perhaps sums up the whole thing - they want to be treated like KK - they want all the trappings of this great KK team -

This can only be achieved by doing what KK have done - Cork WERE this great side 3 years ago and before - and Frank was secretary then and still is and has been for a long time.

Would the KK players dare go on strike ??? Would a KK player dare criticise the manager ?? Would a KK player dare to ask the manager why he wants all the hassle at his "time of day" ?.

Charlie Carter tried it - failed - Brian Mc Evoy tried it - failed - etc etc etc -  The great DJ wasn't picked every day.

I don't mean just like KK. I mean like KK, Tyrone, Kerry..etc. Where the board works with them, not against them, where the board does what's right by the county, not just at county level but at club level as well, where everyone works for the same thing, success, and everyone works together, not inspite of eachother.

Would the KK players have the balls to go on strike when things are THAT wrong, I don't know.
Would the KK players criticise a very poor manager, I'm sure as hell they probablly would.

I think the Cork players are hharking after past glories - no longer able to reach the very, very high standards they were used to in 2004 and 2005. Going for 3 in a row, they thought they were almost invincible.

But good things don't  last forever.

The stars of the team are getting on and the younger lads whilst very talented, are not yet able to compete with a KK team, the likes of which we've never seen before.

Reillers - please don't use a borad brush statement whilst referring to Mc Carthy as a poor manager. How would the players like it if their manager referred to them as poor players or players who were losing their touch.

Maybe it is a case of the players simply not being able to deal with it - Donal Og isn't the force of old - Sean Og, Gardiner, the twins  - but that's no shame - they were mighty men.

Put don't cause further embarassment by simply saying Mc Carthy is a poor manager - you know there's more to it than that, You admit yourself that he won the games against Galway and Clare by good moves on the day.

He wasn't the reason why you got beat by KK - Listen to what Fr. Cotter said !

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 07:42:28 PM
steve

I can guarantee you that it is that way in a lot of counties, lay off Cork ffs. These players have earned what they've gotten. Stop nitpicking ffs.

So they have "earned" their perks ??? So are they not happy to relinquish them then, is that it ?.

So when it doesn't suit, I'm nit picking ?. ;) ;)

You're under pressure Reillers !

Now tell me - What do the players want ?

Mc Carthy and Frank to resign ??? Is that the only way they'll go back ??

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 07:49:11 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 07:40:07 PM

I think the Cork players are hharking after past glories - no longer able to reach the very, very high standards they were used to in 2004 and 2005. Going for 3 in a row, they thought they were almost invincible.

But good things don't  last forever.

The stars of the team are getting on and the younger lads whilst very talented, are not yet able to compete with a KK team, the likes of which we've never seen before.

Reillers - please don't use a borad brush statement whilst referring to Mc Carthy as a poor manager. How would the players like it if their manager referred to them as poor players or players who were losing their touch.

Maybe it is a case of the players simply not being able to deal with it - Donal Og isn't the force of old - Sean Og, Gardiner, the twins  - but that's no shame - they were mighty men.

Put don't cause further embarassment by simply saying Mc Carthy is a poor manager - you know there's more to it than that, You admit yourself that he won the games against Galway and Clare by good moves on the day.

He wasn't the reason why you got beat by KK - Listen to what Fr. Cotter said !

You're unbelievable you really are. This is nothing to do with the players, "loosing their touch" or not. They still have bad training..etc.
I never said he won the games against Galway and Clare, I said the players won the Galway game for Donal Og and Sully, and they won the Clare game as well.
I said he made a good call in moving Kenny back.
But what about Tipp, I'm slow to ever blame a manager for a loss because at the end of the day it's the players on the pitch who have to play the game. But McCarthy lost Cork the Tipp game. He changed the tactics which were working a treat, he made ridiculous subs..etc.

McCarthy is a poor manager. Circumstances could have been different and resulted in different things. I've great respect for Gerald and I think timing of his appointment was not good. He came in to pissed off players because they felt that the board had really disrespected the men they wanted to get the job, not even a thank you, not to mention an interview. The board wanted the power back so they brought in their own man.
If he came in without the players backs being up, that move by the CB sparked old coal. Then a few months later the fire was burning again. The strike in 07 disrupted the season completley. If the Cork players hadn't been suspended for the Waterford match and we didn't get the injuries on the day then we probably would have won. If the ref hadn't made that call to give a free in against Waterford in 07 in the semi then we would have been in the final and who knows what would happen.

I wont pretend that we haven't had good days under Gerald, Galway was one of the greatest games I've seen from Cork in a long time, and if circumstances were different then who knows.

To be honest if all players were available, I'd like to see a lot of younger players come in, you say they are not good enough to beat KK yet, of course they're not, they've been on the team for less then a year. But there's some fabulous talent there, and the fact that they wont get to play again pisses me off. Naughton could be one of the greatest players the games seen in a long time he's got confidence and pace to burn. Horgan is one of the most confident players I've seen on the ball, he's fantastic and really, really talented. Shane O Neill was very unlucky to miss out on an All Star which I felt he deserved. an amazing back. Little Sully Og, I've been waiting for this kid to break onto the scene for a long time, he should have last season but badly injured his leg, he should be fantastic, he's a promising player, you wouldn't believe that he's from the same litter as the Rock.

There is more to it then that. Then Gerald being a bad manager. Which I think he is, but the players played a part in the losses. If you criticise a manager and blame him for losses then you most give credit for the wins. And the calls in the Galway match and Clare won us the match, but it was the players who fought back and won it for themselves for Donal Og. He had given so much to them, taken all the abuse. They did that for him.
Maybe it's circumstance, bad timing that made him a bad manager. It's a lot easier to be a great manager with great on their peak and Gerald came a long when the players started reaching the top of the hill.
BUT his training techniques, his decisions, his switches, were poor. The team may be past it a bit, but I still think he's made bad decisions that anywhere else would have cost him his job, should have cost him his job.
In different circumstances we may have had our hands on Liam.

We lost to KK because they were by far the better team, but like listen to our board, they said we were unlucky to loose..which I'm sorry is a joke. There are problems in Cork GAA and the board are behind them all. But some of the players are past it a bit, but that's not really the problem at the minute. The players aren't perfect but they are right in this, they do want the best for Cork hurling.

I don't have all the answers here, I don't know. I genuinely believe that the players want the best for Cork hurling. They just went about it the wrong way. They got too many peoples backs up doing so.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 07:51:42 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 07:42:28 PM
steve

So they have "earned" their perks ??? So are they not happy to relinquish them then, is that it ?.

So when it doesn't suit, I'm nit picking ?. ;) ;)

You're under pressure Reillers !

Now tell me - What do the players want ?

Mc Carthy and Frank to resign ??? Is that the only way they'll go back ??

No you're nitpicking because players in both codes get the same up and down the country.
They want McCarthy gone and ya, they'd love, the entire of Cork GAA would love if Frank left.

The players will go back if Gerald leaves.

FFS like I don't have all the answers like, what do you want from me.

stevetharlear

It's when you have to talk hurling is when you let yourself down OM. Sean Og and Ben had as good a season last year as any before, Gardiner was efficient as always and Jerry was unfit all year.

Donal Og was sent off once (it happens) and all of a sudden he's a bad keeper. He's keeping Coleman and Nash on the bench, he can't be that shabby. That he might be keeping his place due to his influence in the dressing room doesn't sit too nicely with "Ger being his own man", does it? Not 12 months ago he would have been in a lot of people's eyes one of the top keepers in the country. But now he's not the force of old? ::)
I wonder does the animosity come from his prominent position in another organisation, nothing to do with Cork.

If you'd picked any of Diarmuid, Niall Mac (although he too was injury hampered) or Deane I might listen to ya but your speciality subject is obviously winding up pro player posters and NOT Hurling. No harm in that, although I'd stick to the football if you want to be taken seriously.

INDIANA

Why doesn't Cork Gaa do some thing about it Reillers? I don't buy that bullshit about Frank murphy being too powerful. If enough of the clubs stood together they could get him evicted. There is no question of that.

orangeman

Maybe it's circumstance, bad timing that made him a bad manager

So maybe he's a brilliant manager who just needs a break - maybe he is the man who inherited a pissed off group of players - maybe he's a whole lot better manager than what you've labelled him.

Maybe if it were not for the problems with the CB and the players, then Mc Carthy could be the man to take Cork hurling back to the glory days ?

As you say there's ferocious talent out there.

Surely a strike isn't the way to resolve this impasse ?

I believe that Mc Carthy is just piggy in the middle here and the players picked what they thought was an easy target. It's a pity they were naive in thinking that he'd roll over.

orangeman

Quote from: stevetharlear on December 23, 2008, 10:48:48 PM

It's when you have to talk hurling is when you let yourself down OM. Sean Og and Ben had as good a season last year as any before, Gardiner was efficient as always and Jerry was unfit all year.

Donal Og was sent off once (it happens) and all of a sudden he's a bad keeper. He's keeping Coleman and Nash on the bench, he can't be that shabby. That he might be keeping his place due to his influence in the dressing room doesn't sit too nicely with "Ger being his own man", does it? Not 12 months ago he would have been in a lot of people's eyes one of the top keepers in the country. But now he's not the force of old? ::)
I wonder does the animosity come from his prominent position in another organisation, nothing to do with Cork.

If you'd picked any of Diarmuid, Niall Mac (although he too was injury hampered) or Deane I might listen to ya but your speciality subject is obviously winding up pro player posters and NOT Hurling. No harm in that, although I'd stick to the football if you want to be taken seriously.

I wasn't specifically referring to this year - I was simply making the point that the miles are on the clock with regard to the more senior members of the panel.

I'm not trying to wind pro player posters up. Far from it.

It has always been a wish of mine throughout this process that the manager and players would sit down and compromisie in some way.

But the players it seems won't meet anybody. So how can they be taken seriously ?.

orangeman

No you're nitpicking because players in both codes get the same up and down the country. WRONG - THEY DON'T GET THE SAME UP AND DOWN THE COUNTRY - CORK ARE IN A PRIVELIGED POSITION.

They want McCarthy gone and ya, they'd love, the entire of Cork GAA would love if Frank left.
SO WHICH IS IT ? WILL THE PLAYERS GO BACK IF MC CARTHY RESIGNS ???