Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 03:58:47 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 03:39:41 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 02:09:03 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 01:44:50 AM
Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 12:31:57 AM
Right so - my point is that the players were happy with Gerald until thwy ran into one of the best teams of all time - the Cats - then they decided it was Gerald's fault.

NO they were unhappy with him before hand, afterwards as well. Celebrating a win with the manager doesn't mean they were happy. Clearly the evidence shows that. It's been well documented from the start that the players were unhappy with him. You say you've no problem with the players and no bias at all..please, look at what you are doing.

They were NEVER happy with him, they were going to pull for that McCarthy be gotten rid of as well in the 2006 strike with the footballers but they decided to leave him finish his 2 years, that it's only fair and that they all thought, like we all did that there was no way in hell that he'd get offered the job again..but..here we are.

They were never happy with him, ever, shaking his head afterwards doesn't mean anything, you are just nitpicking.

This says a lot about the players - they were unhappy with Mc Carthy before hand - but did nothing about it - you're now saying they were unhappy even when they were winning - and were unhappy afterwards.

I know they'd love to win the AI - But would they EVER be happy ???.

The ringleaders seem to want total control - they want to be ruling the roost, with the power to get rid of all and sundry.

I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

McCarthy was given TWO years. They gave him a chance, they gave him the seasons which McCarthy was entitled to, they were going to do something about it in 2007 strike but they said he deserved a chance to do it in the two years.

They didn't want him as manager at the start but when he was manager they gave it their all on the pitch, but even when they were winning the training was still crap, and they were unhappy with that.

The "ringleaders" don't want control they want the best for Cork. You say you've no problem with the players, look at your posts and say that again. 

You keep repeatin that the players only want what is best - do you mean they only want what is best for themselves ??? Courtesy cars etc - will they all have to be left back if they're not on the panel ?? Not a bad auld perk, having a company car.

I also believe that the youngers lads are now being unduly influenced by the ringleaders - you keep insisting that Frank tells the county board delegates what way to vote - can I suggest to you therefore that the ringleaders are also telling the younger lads what way to vote ?. Or is that something they wouldn't do, given that they only want what is best !.

They want the best manager they want the best facilities, support, they want to be treated in the same way that KK are, they want the best for Cork, not for themselves, if this was all about them like your "unbiased" mind thinks, they would have walked away a long time ago. You've clearly got an agenda against the players, you say that you are looking at it cleary from a distance which is bull.
The younger players are just as involved in this as the senior lads. They could have all voted no in the SECRET ballad, but they didn't, they didn't have to confront and speak to Gerald the way one or two of them did. They are at risk a hell lot more then the older players. They are taking a chance, just like Ga did, just like a good chunk of the players on the team now, did in 2002.
When the CB vote it's not in private. It's right there in front of him. IF certain things don't happen, don't go the way he wants it, their clubs get the punishment. Murphy is in charge of everything from what games they host, their fixtures, their money..etc. He can, if he wants influence that in so many ways. You can't see that (or wont) so it really is pointless of me trying to explain it to ye.

orangeman

One minute it's Mc Carthy that's to blame -

Next minute it's all Frank's fault -

So for the puposes of clarification :

Do the players want the following :

1. A new manager appointed and

2. Frank Murphy to resign.

Is that it ???.

YES or NO ??

Do they have to have both things to happpen before they will play again ?.

realrebel

tell me so reillers why dont every single delegate just stand up and vote the way they want to vote
if u say theres that much support for the players from the delegates then there should have been no problem if they all stood up to him
he cant punish every single club
but how come nobody stood up at the meeting and said what was on their minds
and dont give me that bulls**t bout him controling everything
saddam hitler etc they were all moved and somehow i dont think frank is as bad as them
get a grip will ya

stevetharlear

Quote from: realrebel on December 23, 2008, 02:00:29 PM
reillers
u are making such a fuss bout the footballers going out with the hurlers
all they are doing is not going to a presentation thats all
they wont be going out on strike with the hurlers
i heard that a member of the panel was contacted by a garage who gave him a courtesy car for the last few years, they rang him and wanted it back as he is not on the cork team this year, and he refuses to give the car back
the fecking cheek of him
that says it all bout them really

Source??? In fairness like!

realrebel

it was in the papers steve but u dont live here so i know u dont see the papers

stevetharlear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cork footballers to boycott medal presentation

By Michael Moynihan and Colm O'Connor

THE Cork senior football panel will boycott the County Board medals presentation later this month.

It is understood that a strongly worded letter was sent by the panel to the Board stating that the footballers would not attend because of what they termed the "disgraceful" treatment of the 2008 Cork senior hurling panel by the Board.

Mind yerselves lads, there's a big house of cards about to come tumbling down.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 04:48:21 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 03:58:47 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 03:39:41 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 02:09:03 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 01:44:50 AM
Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 12:31:57 AM
Right so - my point is that the players were happy with Gerald until thwy ran into one of the best teams of all time - the Cats - then they decided it was Gerald's fault.

NO they were unhappy with him before hand, afterwards as well. Celebrating a win with the manager doesn't mean they were happy. Clearly the evidence shows that. It's been well documented from the start that the players were unhappy with him. You say you've no problem with the players and no bias at all..please, look at what you are doing.

They were NEVER happy with him, they were going to pull for that McCarthy be gotten rid of as well in the 2006 strike with the footballers but they decided to leave him finish his 2 years, that it's only fair and that they all thought, like we all did that there was no way in hell that he'd get offered the job again..but..here we are.

They were never happy with him, ever, shaking his head afterwards doesn't mean anything, you are just nitpicking.

This says a lot about the players - they were unhappy with Mc Carthy before hand - but did nothing about it - you're now saying they were unhappy even when they were winning - and were unhappy afterwards.

I know they'd love to win the AI - But would they EVER be happy ???.

The ringleaders seem to want total control - they want to be ruling the roost, with the power to get rid of all and sundry.

I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

McCarthy was given TWO years. They gave him a chance, they gave him the seasons which McCarthy was entitled to, they were going to do something about it in 2007 strike but they said he deserved a chance to do it in the two years.

They didn't want him as manager at the start but when he was manager they gave it their all on the pitch, but even when they were winning the training was still crap, and they were unhappy with that.

The "ringleaders" don't want control they want the best for Cork. You say you've no problem with the players, look at your posts and say that again. 

You keep repeatin that the players only want what is best - do you mean they only want what is best for themselves ??? Courtesy cars etc - will they all have to be left back if they're not on the panel ?? Not a bad auld perk, having a company car.

I also believe that the youngers lads are now being unduly influenced by the ringleaders - you keep insisting that Frank tells the county board delegates what way to vote - can I suggest to you therefore that the ringleaders are also telling the younger lads what way to vote ?. Or is that something they wouldn't do, given that they only want what is best !.

They want the best manager they want the best facilities, support, they want to be treated in the same way that KK are, they want the best for Cork, not for themselves, if this was all about them like your "unbiased" mind thinks, they would have walked away a long time ago. You've clearly got an agenda against the players, you say that you are looking at it cleary from a distance which is bull.
The younger players are just as involved in this as the senior lads. They could have all voted no in the SECRET ballad, but they didn't, they didn't have to confront and speak to Gerald the way one or two of them did. They are at risk a hell lot more then the older players. They are taking a chance, just like Ga did, just like a good chunk of the players on the team now, did in 2002.
When the CB vote it's not in private. It's right there in front of him. IF certain things don't happen, don't go the way he wants it, their clubs get the punishment. Murphy is in charge of everything from what games they host, their fixtures, their money..etc. He can, if he wants influence that in so many ways. You can't see that (or wont) so it really is pointless of me trying to explain it to ye.

They want to be treated the same way KK are ?????

And how exactly are KK treated ???

This to me is a very teeling statement and perhaps sums up the whole thing - they want to be treated like KK - they want all the trappings of this great KK team -

This can only be achieved by doing what KK have done - Cork WERE this great side 3 years ago and before - and Frank was secretary then and still is and has been for a long time.

You can't just pick out one team and say you want to be treated like them.

Perhaps this is the whole problem.

Would the KK players dare go on strike ??? Would a KK player dare criticise the manager ?? Would a KK player dare to ask the manager why he wants all the hassle at his "time of day" ?.

Charlie Carter tried it - failed - Brian Mc Evoy tried it - failed - etc etc etc -  The great DJ wasn't picked every day.

stevetharlear

Quote from: realrebel on December 23, 2008, 05:38:35 PM
it was in the papers steve but u dont live here so i know u dont see the papers

Back for the Christmas Realrebel, gobbling up 'de papers' for all I'm worth. Happy Christmas by the way...  :)

orangeman

Mind yerselves lads, there's a big house of cards about to come tumbling down

Aye, there could be a few more courtesy cars filling the already full second hand car parks.  ;)

realrebel

steve
they didnt go last year either
also it says in the paper thats as far as they will go because conor will walk
but u seemed to have missed that bit

stevetharlear

Quote from: realrebel on December 23, 2008, 05:42:51 PM
steve
they didnt go last year either
also it says in the paper thats as far as they will go because conor will walk
but u seemed to have missed that bit

Think the footballers were having a spot of bother last year, realrebel, did you miss that?

orangeman

What was the problem with the footballers last year ????

Was it the manager ???? Mmmmmmmmm ................

orangeman

COLM KEYS TODAY IN INDO -

The footballers have so far stayed out of the the spat over Mc Carthy's reappointment but now feel under pressure to make some gesture to the men who supported them 12 months ago. It will be no more than that. If they joined the strike, they would lose their own manager, Conor Counihan.

stevetharlear

Quote from: stevetharlear on December 23, 2008, 05:36:48 PM
reillers
i heard that a member of the panel was contacted by a garage who gave him a courtesy car for the last few years, they rang him and wanted it back as he is not on the cork team this year, and he refuses to give the car back
the fecking cheek of him

The bit in bold is what needs a source btw. Family members don't count. You're on at lads for calling Ger Mac a liar on the one hand, on the other you're spouting this tripe.

orangeman

Quote from: stevetharlear on December 23, 2008, 07:00:56 PM
Quote from: stevetharlear on December 23, 2008, 05:36:48 PM
reillers
the fecking cheek of him

The bit in bold is what needs a source btw. Family members don't count. You're on at lads for calling Ger Mac a liar on the one hand, on the other you're spouting this tripe.

I heard that story as well - it's a Ford Mondeo. Sources don't need to be divulged - it just adds to the occasion - Reillers isn't behind the door when it comes to these wee juicy bits as well.

So don't let the source get in the way of a good auld story.  ;) ;)

The fact that players are getting "company" cars is a good enough story in itself.  ;)