McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

QuoteReillers you would almost think from your last post that every question posted normally gets answered. Come on. I'd say 25% do.

I ask for the fourth time, do you think the players were wrong in 2002? If you answer once that'll be 25%.   ;)
Don't Panic

orangeman

Quote from: passedit on December 17, 2008, 09:49:18 AM
QuoteReillers you would almost think from your last post that every question posted normally gets answered. Come on. I'd say 25% do.

I ask for the fourth time, do you think the players were wrong in 2002? If you answer once that'll be 25%.   ;)

They were partly right in 2002 - but a strik isn't the best way of settling a GAA dispute.

Croí na hÉireann

Jaysus lads, will yous stop replying to orangeman as you're only giving him oxygen to express his innermost ramblings.

FWIW, I'd have sympathy for the players plight, while Gerald McCarthy was a savage player he just doesn't inspire confidence as a manager (and that's from an outsider looking in). The hurlers might as well go for the nuclear option now and try and have FM removed while they're at it...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

stevetharlear

Quote from: theskull1 on December 16, 2008, 11:03:04 PM
Anything specifically mentioned at the debate with the CB along with the Corks delegates which made you define it as heated Zulu?

Surely someone had the balls to demand that FM should resign? If not why not? If so what was the reaction of the delegates?
Did anyone suggest that Ger Mac resign? If not why not? If so what was the reaction of the delegates?

Surely a fair number would have been up in arms? If not, what makes you think that you have the support of people who do the work in Cork GAA. Clubs up and down the county must be raising a right old rumpous if a lot of people agree with your perspective?

I seriously don't know the answers to any of those questions? I would love to know how many are behind you lads where it counts?

Oh yes passedit.....the answer is I don't know

Arra skull, aren't these the exact same delegates that not 12 months ago did a complete about turn in LESS than 7 days on Holland? Unanimously behind him one week, unanimously voted him out the next. These lads do what they're told, unlike the cowardly players.

theskull1

Quote from: passedit on December 17, 2008, 09:49:18 AM
I ask for the fourth time, do you think the players were wrong in 2002? If you answer once that'll be 25%.   ;)

Quote from: theskull1 on December 16, 2008, 11:03:04 PM
Oh yes passedit.....the answer is I don't know

:)

Steve...I said this same many pages ago. Rather than focusing your collective venom on FM, why do youse not remark more on the spineless delegates to the county board and the clubs who do FM's bidding? How can such a proud GAA county like Cork allow itself to be administrated by men of weak character. Is that really the way it is? Or is there any chance they might agree with how the executive runs things?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 17, 2008, 10:16:11 AM
Jaysus lads, will yous stop replying to orangeman as you're only giving him oxygen to express his innermost ramblings.

FWIW, I'd have sympathy for the players plight, while Gerald McCarthy was a savage player he just doesn't inspire confidence as a manager (and that's from an outsider looking in). The hurlers might as well go for the nuclear option now and try and have FM removed while they're at it...

Thanks for your opinions. Appreciate your views and thanks for posting.

But sure what would you know - you're not from Cork !. ;)

photo stream

Does anybody know the time/day and venue where the striking Cork Hurlers train.
I heard they train on Saturdays in Mallow.
Any more info would be appreciated.
I would like to take a trip to see them.

cicfada

From listening to the delegates at the convention, it is clear that the delegates are not terrified of Frank, that's for sure!  and judging by the general mood there it was clear  also that a lot of delegates are fed up of the players and want to drive on! The whole debates surrounding the players strike took up 2  hours of the night, it was 5 hours in total, not including the mass!! Many delegates were angry with the board to be fair, wanting some kind of action to end the dispute! And that was why Dery mc Gowan the incoming president was chosen to find a neutral party acceptable to all...a Thankless task!!!This notion that all the delegates are led by Framk to vote this way or that is pure and utter bull though! If   that was the case wouldn't it also be true that the senior players are leading the younger ones  and we all know how often that has been denied!

Reillers

Quote from: cicfada on December 17, 2008, 03:13:39 PM
From listening to the delegates at the convention, it is clear that the delegates are not terrified of Frank, that's for sure!  and judging by the general mood there it was clear  also that a lot of delegates are fed up of the players and want to drive on! The whole debates surrounding the players strike took up 2  hours of the night, it was 5 hours in total, not including the mass!! Many delegates were angry with the board to be fair, wanting some kind of action to end the dispute! And that was why Dery mc Gowan the incoming president was chosen to find a neutral party acceptable to all...a Thankless task!!!This notion that all the delegates are led by Framk to vote this way or that is pure and utter bull though! If   that was the case wouldn't it also be true that the senior players are leading the younger ones  and we all know how often that has been denied!
Are you kidding me, some are happy, some are as fossel like as he is, some are in his pockets, some wont go against them, they know they can't fight him, they know what will happen. Either way they're all sheeps.

stevetharlear

Well, unlike the CB votes, the players ballots are always secret. The recent secret ballot re not playing under Ger was seen through by a 26-2 majority (2 of last years squad missing) as far as I recall. The week after they had another one and it came out 30-0. You're doing the younger squad members a massive disservice by claiming they're being led, in secret ballots.

Maybe the fact is they believe what they're doing is right, and are willing to make this sacrifice because they're real men, rather than sheep.

Skull, believe me, I cannot fathom the lack of backbone and leadership among the CCB delegates. I find it hard to believe in Cork, birthplace of countless rebels that such cowardice should be so prevalent.

The reason I seem so anti Frank is because he's the common denomonator in all of this, in all 3 strikes so far. I know of a lot of good things that FM has done, publicly and behind the scenes. But he's also done a lot of damage to GAA in our county, and to the good name of our county. I think his time was up a long time ago, but I can't see him going for a long while yet.

As for your question as to what the scene would be like if he did go, I'm sure we could get a progressive thinking individual in, with a smaller ego, who might unite both sides for the good of GAA in the county. Who might instigate change from top to bottom and work on solutions so that clubs, board and county teams are working with each other towards a common goal. Kinda like wha they have in KK, Tipp and more and more counties around the country. Change isn't ALWAYS a bad thing y'know. I'm sure it wouldn't be armageddon like you seem to be suggesting.

To paraphrase numerous critics of these players...the GAA is bigger than one individual (or group of individuals).

orangeman

Quote from: stevetharlear on December 17, 2008, 06:47:48 PM

Well, unlike the CB votes, the players ballots are always secret. The recent secret ballot re not playing under Ger was seen through by a 26-2 majority (2 of last years squad missing) as far as I recall. The week after they had another one and it came out 30-0. You're doing the younger squad members a massive disservice by claiming they're being led, in secret ballots.

Maybe the fact is they believe what they're doing is right, and are willing to make this sacrifice because they're real men, rather than sheep.

Skull, believe me, I cannot fathom the lack of backbone and leadership among the CCB delegates. I find it hard to believe in Cork, birthplace of countless rebels that such cowardice should be so prevalent.

The reason I seem so anti Frank is because he's the common denomonator in all of this, in all 3 strikes so far. I know of a lot of good things that FM has done, publicly and behind the scenes. But he's also done a lot of damage to GAA in our county, and to the good name of our county. I think his time was up a long time ago, but I can't see him going for a long while yet.

As for your question as to what the scene would be like if he did go, I'm sure we could get a progressive thinking individual in, with a smaller ego, who might unite both sides for the good of GAA in the county. Who might instigate change from top to bottom and work on solutions so that clubs, board and county teams are working with each other towards a common goal. Kinda like wha they have in KK, Tipp and more and more counties around the country. Change isn't ALWAYS a bad thing y'know. I'm sure it wouldn't be armageddon like you seem to be suggesting.

To paraphrase numerous critics of these players...the GAA is bigger than one individual (or group of individuals).

The ballot itself might be secret but the outcomes certainly are not.

Are you one of the striking players yourself Steve ?

realrebel

im afraid hes not om
hes living in the uk or is that a false lead he gave me ;)
he could be donal og
only messing steve

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 17, 2008, 07:49:55 PM
Quote from: stevetharlear on December 17, 2008, 06:47:48 PM

The ballot itself might be secret but the outcomes certainly are not.

Are you one of the striking players yourself Steve ?

The ballot is secret. They vote and that's the end of it.
The CB isn't. It's not in private, it's in front of everyone. So what do they do, those afraid of ramifications, they go..ba,ba,baa..isn't that right Skull. ::) ;)

stevetharlear

OM, most who watch me play, and the lads that play beside me, would wish I'd go on strike...

I'm made of sterner stuff though.

Realrebel, you're not with the tax office are ya? ;)

realrebel

i am actually steve and im coming for u ;)
only messin