McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

I have to hand it to OM you have an uncanny ability to ignore some facts that don't fit with your opinion and twist others so they do.

QuoteDid you ever think of what the consequences for the management and CB would be if they went out and got hammered every game ? . It would reflect very poorly on them.

The question is do they care?

QuoteSadly it looks like the players actually want to see the young lads getting hammered. Which is really regretable as we're looking at a situation where players ( whether they're ex players or not is up to them ) WANT to see Cork geting hammered each time they go out so as they can prove a point.

Who said the players want to see them get hammered, can you provide one bit of evidence to back this up?

Let me take you back a few months, the CCB and players sit down to discuss the new manager, the players tell the CB members that Gerald is not up to it and they don't have a working relationship with him. The CB take this on board and decide to mull over it a bit, they come back to the players and tell them that the man who hasn't won any silverware in his two years in charge, the man who has overseen 5 defeats in two years and with whom the players don't have a working relationship, is in fact the best man for the job. Now maybe you'd like to tell me if those CB men are really interested in Cork winning?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 14, 2008, 01:57:39 PM
Of course there's middle ground - the players wanted better training - the CB have pulled off a major coup in appoiniting the team that they have - this is a sign of their willingness to change, to make improvements.

Did you ever think of what bthe consequences for the management and CB would be if they went out and got hammered every game ? . It would reflect very poorly on them.

Sadly it looks like the players actually want to see the young lads getting hammered. Which is really regretable as we're looking at a situation where players ( whether they're ex players or not is up to them ) WANT to see Cork geting hammered each time they go out so as they can prove a point.

Mc Carthy wants the players back - he has said that often enough - some of the players are going back - others will soon follow - whether Donal Og, Sean Og, the twins etc want to play for Cork next year is up to themselves.

Whether they go back or not, everybody has lost a little something in the whole affair

There's no middle ground, surely ye've learned that with this CB. The players wanted the better training ya, but what they wanted was a new manager, the training was only a part of it. Gerald will still be there, you look at what the CB did bringing in these guys, they did this knowing how bad it would make the players look. KNowing full well that the players big problem in all of this is with the CB and Gerald. If the players lost over and over again, what would happen..the kids and Gerald would get hurt. The CB would shaft the McCarthy out the door in a heartbeat, they've no loyalties but to themselves. They only care about themselves. They wouldn't care less if we lost, like I said, they could sit in the crowd watching Cork get destroyed, with a grin from ear to ear, why, because they'll be happier then they've ever were winning AI's because they weren't appart of it, it was inspite of them. They'll have control, and that's all that matters, control over success any day of the week.

McCarthy dosn't want the players back, the CB don't want the players back, it's one massive PR stunt, it ye honestly can't see that then ye are too naive and gullable.
You show nearly every post how little you know about these players. The players don't want to see the young lads loose and it's insulting to them to say that they do, why come out with shit like this that is factless, wrong, blatant lies, just to make the players look bad.

Again, you come out with made up, rumour crap. The players aren't going back, nothing has happened, can the same be said about after Christmas, maybe not. But right now, no one has plans to come back.

No, you're wrong, not everyone have lost, the CB have lost nothing, they've gained.

Gerald has Mcgearilt as a masseur/trainer, Mcgurn as a fly in fly out physical trainer..but the board and Gerald are prepared to put out a 4th string Cork team. Quality doesn't matter to them once they restore full power to the CB.

It's a joke.

Reillers

Quote from: Zulu on December 14, 2008, 02:22:13 PM
I have to hand it to OM you have an uncanny ability to ignore some facts that don't fit with your opinion and twist others so they do.

QuoteDid you ever think of what the consequences for the management and CB would be if they went out and got hammered every game ? . It would reflect very poorly on them.

The question is do they care?

QuoteSadly it looks like the players actually want to see the young lads getting hammered. Which is really regretable as we're looking at a situation where players ( whether they're ex players or not is up to them ) WANT to see Cork geting hammered each time they go out so as they can prove a point.

Who said the players want to see them get hammered, can you provide one bit of evidence to back this up?

Let me take you back a few months, the CCB and players sit down to discuss the new manager, the players tell the CB members that Gerald is not up to it and they don't have a working relationship with him. The CB take this on board and decide to mull over it a bit, they come back to the players and tell them that the man who hasn't won any silverware in his two years in charge, the man who has overseen 5 defeats in two years and with whom the players don't have a working relationship, is in fact the best man for the job. Now maybe you'd like to tell me if those CB men are really interested in Cork winning?

But but but but but..there's an explanation that isn't relevant to your post and that ignores your post completley.. ::) ::)

Good post.

orangeman

Honestly lads, I love Cork hurling - I love watching them and I'd love you see ye all back out again.
The county board obviously have a case to answer in a lot of respects - maybe the manager as well - but the players have come out of this smelling of shite.

They should go back and make their points from within - not from outside.

Zulu

After 69 pages, much of repeating what has been said many, many, many times before you still don't get it OM.

Reillers

orangeman

Ok - so you're living down there and you;re on the side of the players - that's fair enough - but the players have behaved disgracefully all through this - appearing on Prime Time and running to the media - training on their own - publicly criticising management etc etc -

I'm not on the players' side but I'm still entitled to a view -

I might not have caught on yet but clearly you haven't either - the players play and can't run the show - right now they're trying to run the show.

They've only two choices right now -

1. To go back and play like some of them are doing right now.

2. Or go and play club hurling next year and forget about stirring the pot any more than they have done.

Then after a year or two out, they might just realise how things work in the GAA.

Zulu

QuoteI'm not on the players' side but I'm still entitled to a view -

Nobody said you weren't but you repeatedly come out with baseless comments and you rarely respond to points directly made to you, so it becomes difficult to discuss this with you. You also appear to want to keep this thread alive regardless whether anything of note is happening or not.

QuoteThey've only two choices right now -

The above is another classic unfounded comment from you, do you have any proof that players are going back right now?

And if you can't see the problem that players who are not wanted by their CB have with playing for Cork then you mustn't have read any of the posts favouring the players.

orangeman

Zulu

Give it over OM, all you do is answer a question with a question, so if you want to discuss this issue (though God knows we've done it to death) answer the questions put to you.

1. Do you have any proof that players are going back right now?

2. Who said the players want to see them get hammered, can you provide one bit of evidence to back this up?

3. Let me take you back a few months, the CCB and players sit down to discuss the new manager, the players tell the CB members that Gerald is not up to it and they don't have a working relationship with him. The CB take this on board and decide to mull over it a bit, they come back to the players and tell them that the man who hasn't won any silverware in his two years in charge, the man who has overseen 5 defeats in two years and with whom the players don't have a working relationship, is in fact the best man for the job. Now maybe you'd like to tell me if those CB men are really interested in Cork winning?

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on December 14, 2008, 05:38:24 PM
Give it over OM, all you do is answer a question with a question, so if you want to discuss this issue (though God knows we've done it to death) answer the questions put to you.

2. Who said the players want to see them get hammered, can you provide one bit of evidence to back this up?

3. Let me take you back a few months, the CCB and players sit down to discuss the new manager, the players tell the CB members that Gerald is not up to it and they don't have a working relationship with him. The CB take this on board and decide to mull over it a bit, they come back to the players and tell them that the man who hasn't won any silverware in his two years in charge, the man who has overseen 5 defeats in two years and with whom the players don't have a working relationship, is in fact the best man for the job. Now maybe you'd like to tell me if those CB men are really interested in Cork winning?

Ask Reillers - he says the Sullivans are going back - if they are and if others follow, it will be over thank God - then we can get back to enjoying Cork hurling on the field as opposed to the players marshalling the picket lines.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 14, 2008, 04:12:54 PM
Ok - so you're living down there and you;re on the side of the players - that's fair enough - but the players have behaved disgracefully all through this - appearing on Prime Time and running to the media - training on their own - publicly criticising management etc etc -

I might not have caught on yet but clearly you haven't either - the players play and can't run the show - right now they're trying to run the show.

2. Or go and play club hurling next year and forget about stirring the pot any more than they have done.

Then after a year or two out, they might just realise how things work in the GAA.

What are you on about man. How about answering one or two of our posts instead of ignoring them, which pretty much tells me that you have no answer to it.

Like you're more biased then we are.."running to the media"..that's ridiculous. What about Gerald he bunjee jumped over the line, he was making coments and statements to the press long before the players did. There was a while back at the start when you couldn't turn on your radio without hearing him whinging to the press. The players have made 3 statements-Bens, the group, and Donal Ogs..Ga was on Prime Time, there have also been bits of comments here and there but that is it. Gerald ran to the media long before the players did looking for sympathy votes. I like boths sides, Gerald's a great legend, and the players are as well, I'm hesistant, believe it or not to criticize either of them (except the CB) but you, despite what you say, clearly HATE the players. If you didn't you wouldn't keep on making stupid comments like that. They HATE dealing with the media, HATE IT. They avoid it as much as they can. So to say the ran to the media is lies basically made up by yourself.

They're disgraceful for getting their side across after Gerald degradded them in the media, but Gerald's the good guy, poor old saint when he says it, or how about when he DISGRACEFULLY leaked that confidential document that ruined any chance of the players going back, ever, oh no according to you that's ok, you're more biased then us.

You still don't get it, and this post proves it yet again. So I'm saying it one more time..

The players DON'T want to run the show.
The players DON'T want to pick their own mangaer.

ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS PLAY HURLING.

That RUMOUR that you fail to show any proof for whatsoever, is just that a rumour. Are Sully and Sully Og going back..no, not of yet anyway, but they are in an IMPOSSIBLE situation.
See this is it, you don't use your head, you don't take circumstances into any of it. You are just hell bent on making the players look bad.

They have done more and know better then most how THAT side of the GAA works.

You ignore the facts of what actually led to the build up of this, you don't take what the players have been put through into this. The fact that despite not getting on with the manager, despite not winning any silverware, despite him being one of the most unsuccesful managers in Cork in 5 years, despite all of this being made clear to the CB, he's still put in as manager, for one reason and one reason only..to get rid of the senior players, but you wont take that into account either.

You don't want to, at the end of the day, despite what you say about liking the players and wanting to see them back, you citicise them at every opportunity, you slate them and wont listen or consider their side of things. We may be backing the players, but remember Gerald's a legend to us as well, because of that, we see both sides. You see one.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 14, 2008, 05:54:11 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 14, 2008, 04:12:54 PM

What are you on about man. How about answering one or two of our posts instead of ignoring them, which pretty much tells me that you have no answer to it.

Like you're more biased then we are.."running to the media"..that's ridiculous. What about Gerald he bunjee jumped over the line, he was making coments and statements to the press long before the players did. There was a while back at the start when you couldn't turn on your radio without hearing him whinging to the press. The players have made 3 statements-Bens, the group, and Donal Ogs..Ga was on Prime Time, there have also been bits of comments here and there but that is it. Gerald ran to the media long before the players did looking for sympathy votes. I like boths sides, Gerald's a great legend, and the players are as well, I'm hesistant, believe it or not to criticize either of them (except the CB) but you, despite what you say, clearly HATE the players. If you didn't you wouldn't keep on making stupid comments like that. They HATE dealing with the media, HATE IT. They avoid it as much as they can. So to say the ran to the media is lies basically made up by yourself.

They're disgraceful for getting their side across after Gerald degradded them in the media, but Gerald's the good guy, poor old saint when he says it, or how about when he DISGRACEFULLY leaked that confidential document that ruined any chance of the players going back, ever, oh no according to you that's ok, you're more biased then us.

You still don't get it, and this post proves it yet again. So I'm saying it one more time..

The players DON'T want to run the show.
The players DON'T want to pick their own mangaer.

ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS PLAY HURLING.

That RUMOUR that you fail to show any proof for whatsoever, is just that a rumour. Are Sully and Sully Og going back..no, not of yet anyway, but they are in an IMPOSSIBLE situation.
See this is it, you don't use your head, you don't take circumstances into any of it. You are just hell bent on making the players look bad.

They have done more and know better then most how THAT side of the GAA works.

You ignore the facts of what actually led to the build up of this, you don't take what the players have been put through into this. The fact that despite not getting on with the manager, despite not winning any silverware, despite him being one of the most unsuccesful managers in Cork in 5 years, despite all of this being made clear to the CB, he's still put in as manager, for one reason and one reason only..to get rid of the senior players, but you wont take that into account either.

You don't want to, at the end of the day, despite what you say about liking the players and wanting to see them back, you citicise them at every opportunity, you slate them and wont listen or consider their side of things. We may be backing the players, but remember Gerald's a legend to us as well, because of that, we see both sides. You see one.

Read my posts and you'll see that I really love Cork hurling and have great respect for the players.

But the players have made themselves look silly - not me.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 14, 2008, 05:46:01 PM
Quote from: Zulu on December 14, 2008, 05:38:24 PM

Ask Reillers - he says the Sullivans are going back - if they are and if others follow, it will be over thank God - then we can get back to enjoying Cork hurling on the field as opposed to the players marshalling the picket lines.

WHERE IN THE NAME OF GOD did I say that?? I said at best, AT BEST they were rumours. RUMOURS!! The two boys are in an impossible position, they really are, but as
of yet know ones going anywhere. You don't read peoples posts, you see what you want to see, you pick and choose from it, highlighting and twisting the bits you want.
Look OM I get that you don't get it, I get that you don't and won't give the players the time of day, like we do. But you could at least try. Try actually looking at if from their point of you without following it with an if or but.The truth is though, you don't want to.

Zulu

Jesus OM have you no shame? Despite me pointingly asking you to answer the questions put to you and asking you to stop answering questions with a question what do you? Answer my questions with another f**king question....unbelievable!!!

Do you know what I'll answer the questions for you because the answers are clear as day.

1. Do you have any proof that players are going back right now?....NO, but I like throwing these things out because it makes me look like I know what's going on down there when I clearly don't

2. Who said the players want to see them get hammered, can you provide one bit of evidence to back this up?.....see answer to question 1

3. Let me take you back a few months, the CCB and players sit down to discuss the new manager, the players tell the CB members that Gerald is not up to it and they don't have a working relationship with him. The CB take this on board and decide to mull over it a bit, they come back to the players and tell them that the man who hasn't won any silverware in his two years in charge, the man who has overseen 5 defeats in two years and with whom the players don't have a working relationship, is in fact the best man for the job. Now maybe you'd like to tell me if those CB men are really interested in Cork winning?.......NO they're not but it doesn't suit my argument so I'll just keep ignoring this question