McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

I know where Indiana is coming from but I would like to see them all back. Out of interest who do you think the older players that should be let go are __

INDIANA

Gaa i don't believe anyone has ever said the appointment of Mc Carthy was done using proper processes but thats not the only issue. We're all aware the process was flawed but who votes the county board in? The clubs, that for me says everything about Cork Gaa and the state its in.
They were in a situation with Allen where they had a say in everything. Sean Og had plenty to say on O Grady's coaching that he found it tedious at times and O Grady told him to like it or lump it. A new manager will want to do some things differently and I don't believe that any neutral manager coming in will want those players on board to undermine him all the time.

stephenite

Stayed out of it myself, from reading all the posts on here and the various articles in the media - would it be fair to say that this has run it's course and the County Board, and McCarthy will press on without those that are disillusioned regardless?

Reillers

Zoyler..
The CB should have control, but in the way Kilkenny county board do, everyone working together for the greater good of KK. The complete control was what their was 2002. They had to get blood from a stone to get basic rights. That was the CB at full control? Was that right, is that what you want back, is it?? Because I'm sorry, no matter what team it is, no one should have to put up with that, especially when it's voluntary. Ever since the players challeneged them, stood up to them, the CB board lost so much power. 2003-2006 was when things were good and low and behold that was when the CB had a good chunk of their power gone. But "the empire began to fight back" when they appointed Gerald instead of even looking at Allen's backroom staff, not even the decency of a thank you or the curtesy of an interview., it didn't matter what the players would have preffered, how good the system was working. They didn't care, they almost pretty much forced Gerald who 100% did not want that jobn back in 06 (yet all of a sudden is hell bent on keeping it, despite telling the players he wasn't going to stay on, it's about pride and ego sadly when it comes to Gerald's side of it.) Gerald was their yes man, they were taking back control.

You want the CB's dealing with the money?? Ask the clubs about their funding, pathetic as per usual. Or the CBs solution, making the players go back into the KK dressing room after loosing to them to get their jerseys back that they had swoped.

Despite what you want to believe the CB weren't and havent done their job for a long time. Now the players don't want a say in how the manager is picked or who the manager is. Do you not, honestly, taking what you think of the players and Gerald out of this, that there is something wrong with that??

Indy-O Grady loved working with this bunch of players, as has pretty much everyone who has worked with them, O Grady and his team, Allen and his team, so much so that Seanie McGrath took them for training.
The players don't want to pick the manager, they don't want any say in it at all, they don't want to be on the bloody selection board.
The CB has been in bits for years because of one man Frank Murphy, and people failing to challenge them. And for the 100th Murphy cannot be voted out.

Look, every single Cork fan in the country could want Murphy and Co. out and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference. But ye are looking at this at a black and white way too much. I may be biased but ye're lying to yereselves and the rest of us by saying that ye're not just as biased. Some of ye are determied,nomatter how much ye deny it to paint the players in a bad light,to think the worst of the players. Those who don't have a clue are more the prepared to come in and have a bitching session, a rant about a team they don't like. And fair enough I'd probably be doing the exact same thing to an extent if it was the likes of Tipp, but I wouldn't go as far to talk about something and bitch and cry and moan and degrade players when it comes to a situation that I might no nothing about. The same sadly can't be said about a lot of ye, who are all too prepared to cry and whinge about the Cork players regardless of having zero facts.

For now, things are quiet, there are rumours (RUMOURS) that if something doesn't happen before the New Year, that there will be some movement, so we'll have to see.

INDIANA

Yes Reillers but who votes the CB in? We've heard all the above before. The clubs do and thats an indication of what an absolute shambles Cork Gaa is. Only silly people vote idiots in all the time. Considering there are nearly 200 clubs down there, doesn't say much for the level of brain cells down there.

cicfada

A lot of clubs get their funding from the Cork GAA Draw, it basically gives a percantage of the 100 Euro that the annual ticket costs per person back to the club! The more tickets are sold the more money gets back to the club!  I see Diarmuid o'Flynn calling for people to  boycott the draw! Hello Diarmuid, it's a major source of funding for clubs! Can't see the sense in that call at all!  If the co board's revenues drop from a hypothetical boycott then  a source of income disappears that would fund full time coaching officers and resources that ironically he moans about as well!Yes the co board could be doing more in underage structures but 5 new full time officials will be hired in the New Year so it's progress albeit long overdue!

zoyler

If every supporter in Cork wants Murphy out (as you keep saying) why don't they all go to their club AGMs- put down a motion, have it passed and then have it passed at the County Convention.  If the support for the players is so strong it should sale through - after all thats what happened over opening Croke Park.  And pleaseeeee don't tell us every last man jack in the Cork GAA firmament is shit scared of FM.  Who is he? Stalin? Hitler? Mao?

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on December 05, 2008, 10:44:05 AM
Yes Reillers but who votes the CB in? We've heard all the above before. The clubs do and thats an indication of what an absolute shambles Cork Gaa is. Only silly people vote idiots in all the time. Considering there are nearly 200 clubs down there, doesn't say much for the level of brain cells down there.

Frank Murphy is the main problem, the power holder and he is immune to votes (he also holds power over a lot of clubs). He cannot be removed by vote.

theskull1

If you are to be believed
There is obviously alot of good men standing by doing nothing in Cork if evil doer's like Frank Murphy are allowed to reign supreme. Are these the people you should be venting your anger towards? These are the people voting him in year on year. So youse are where youse are because Cork lack men with balls prepared to stand up to him. The club executives and delegates are gutless and spineless so and so's who lack any real integrity and do not have the best interests of Cork GAA?

If that is the case then shouldn't the blame for all this be spread across the county to include FM's backers rather than isolating the bully boy himself?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Canalman

In defence of Frank Murphy and the CB they run off the club fixtures pretty effctively given the size and amount of the clubs in the county. Divided up on a regional basis I think.
Also for a "joke" of a County Board it has presided over a heap of All Ireland success at all levels in both codes.
Frank Murphy imo will only ever be fully appreciated in Cork when he leaves (or most likely retires from)  the position and anarchy then reigns.

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on December 05, 2008, 06:49:46 PM
If you are to be believed
There is obviously alot of good men standing by doing nothing in Cork if evil doer's like Frank Murphy are allowed to reign supreme. Are these the people you should be venting your anger towards? These are the people voting him in year on year. So youse are where youse are because Cork lack men with balls prepared to stand up to him. The club executives and delegates are gutless and spineless so and so's who lack any real integrity and do not have the best interests of Cork GAA?

If that is the case then shouldn't the blame for all this be spread across the county to include FM's backers rather than isolating the bully boy himself?

FINALLY.

AND for the 100th time. MURPHY HAS THE POSITION FOREVER if he says so, it's a permanent position immune to votes, he can't get voted out. He holds a big knife, dangling it above each and every club and eh guess what would happen if the man with the biggest power hold in Cork GAA, the immovable Murphy, what do you think would happen to some of the unhappy delegates clubs??

And again, FINALLY.

Reillers

Quote from: Canalman on December 05, 2008, 07:12:05 PM
In defence of Frank Murphy and the CB they run off the club fixtures pretty effctively given the size and amount of the clubs in the county. Divided up on a regional basis I think.
Also for a "joke" of a County Board it has presided over a heap of All Ireland success at all levels in both codes.
Frank Murphy imo will only ever be fully appreciated in Cork when he leaves (or most likely retires from)  the position and anarchy then reigns.

Effectively, are we actually talking about the fixtures of Cork's club games, how they do it so badly that clubs would be doing nothing for weeks and then suddenly have to play 3 games in the space of 2 weeks..etc.

I think the youth system, the organisation, preperation, our home ground that looks like an overgrown car park, our clubs, our senior players, in both codes, will be a whole lot better off when he finally leaves and Cork can breath again.

theskull1

Quote from: Reillers on December 05, 2008, 08:03:42 PM
FINALLY.

AND for the 100th time. MURPHY HAS THE POSITION FOREVER if he says so, it's a permanent position immune to votes, he can't get voted out. He holds a big knife, dangling it above each and every club and eh guess what would happen if the man with the biggest power hold in Cork GAA, the immovable Murphy, what do you think would happen to some of the unhappy delegates clubs??

And again, FINALLY.

Oh yeah...forgot about secrataries.....my mistake....so was he the hate figure he is now before he took up the full time position and if so why did the good men of Cork not get rid of him before he went on the books? Does my general point not still stand?

i.e. Why have all the other administrators/delegates been so gutless over FM's years of deviousness? You're bound to ask yourself that if he's been at the heart of all things wrong in Cork GAA
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

INDIANA

Reillers he can be got rid of like anyone else. where there is a will there is a way. There is apparently no willingness among the 200 clubs in Cork to get rid of Frank. A problem Cork has created. Now maybe you'll realise why most of the Gaa Community doesn't give a shite anymore. Do you mean to tell me that if the 200 clubs all signed a motion stating they wanted Frank out , that he wouldn't have to bow to pressure? Of course he would.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on December 06, 2008, 11:46:37 AM
Reillers he can be got rid of like anyone else. where there is a will there is a way. There is apparently no willingness among the 200 clubs in Cork to get rid of Frank. A problem Cork has created. Now maybe you'll realise why most of the Gaa Community doesn't give a shite anymore. Do you mean to tell me that if the 200 clubs all signed a motion stating they wanted Frank out , that he wouldn't have to bow to pressure? Of course he would.

Of course he would !