McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

You said you have knowledge of how the Cork GAA is run from the inside and not just from the media. You then go on and ask ridiculous questions, crap like

"One minute it's Frank, then it's Mc Carthy - which is it ?"

If you had any sort of knowledge at all you wouldn't asking questions like that and making clueless statements like you do. 
That is what is bullshit and you clearly lied.

The amount of times questions have been put to you by me and others and you've just blatantly ignored them as well.

I keep repeating myself because you do not listen, to anyone, but yourself.

orangeman

You're missing the point and I apologise if I haven't made myself clear but when I ask what is it all about - is it Frank or is it Mc Carthy, I'm really asking this : If Frank resigned / stepped aside, would that be enough for the players ?? Or does Frank and Mc Carthy have to both step aside ???

In other words, can Mc Carthy continue in the role he is in at the moment or is he a dead duck ???

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 24, 2008, 07:38:21 PM
You're missing the point and I apologise if I haven't made myself clear but when I ask what is it all about - is it Frank or is it Mc Carthy, I'm really asking this : If Frank resigned / stepped aside, would that be enough for the players ?? Or does Frank and Mc Carthy have to both step aside ???

In other words, can Mc Carthy continue in the role he is in at the moment or is he a dead duck ???

McCarthy is a bad manager and he is in the role for one reason and one reason only, he's a pawn, put in place to get rid of the senior players.

If Murphy resigned that would be enough for everyone. It would be the one of the best things to happen in Cork GAA.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 24, 2008, 08:17:04 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 24, 2008, 07:38:21 PM

McCarthy is a bad manager and he is in the role for one reason and one reason only, he's a pawn, put in place to get rid of the senior players.

If Murphy resigned that would be enough for everyone. It would be the one of the best things to happen in Cork GAA.

So would the players come back in and play for Mc Carthy if Frank resigned ?

Secondly what are the chances realistically of Frank resigning ? None ??

Reillers

Maybe, well no, like McCarthy would go if Murphy went.

Chances of Murphy going. NONE. Very, very, very little chance of him going. Despite the general feeling in Cork.

orangeman

So would the players make themselves available if Frank went ?

Puckoon

This might sound like a ridiculous idea - but would a Cork GAA referendum at a time like this not be one of the only viable ways out of this impasse?

Would it be possible?

slow corner back

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 24, 2008, 02:46:05 PM
Quote from: Uladh on November 24, 2008, 02:38:16 PM

Is Gerald McCarthy the best possible man, within reason, to manage the cork senior hurling team this year?

if so, why?
if not, why not?

anyone?

Gerald McCarthy is only a symptom of this problem Uladh, he's not, and does not deserve to be seen as, the main issue at play here.

But in answer to your question above, I would say No. His record over the past two years is not great, and while the players themselves probably think they are better than they are at this stage of their career, the fact that he has obviously lost the dressing room means that he is not the best possible man, and that is disregarding any issues about his qualities or otherwise as a coach. I can't vouch for his abilities there, but once a dressing room is against you, you have very little chance of winning anything.

Plenty of teams hate their manager, and don't respect him as a trainer/coach//motivator/tactician and these teams almost always fail.
Plenty of teams like their manager, but don't respect him as a trainer/coach/motivator/tactician and these teams often fail.
Plenty of teams hate their manager, but do respect him as a trainer/coach/motivator/tactician, and these teams often succeed.
Some teams like their manager, and also respect him. These are the perenial success stories, with success being a relative term.

In Offaly terms

Section A was under various managers, notably Babs Keating.
Section B was under men like John McIntyre.
Section C was Eamon Cregan
Section D is Joe Dooley. We are hoping for the success to follow.

Surely Gerald McCarthy should fall in to category C in your list AZ, going by what is in the papers/ online there is no love lost between him and certain players however anyone who does not respect the ability of McCarthy as a hurling man is a fool. The guy should be a legend on leeside for all he has contributed to Cork hurling as a player and a manager. Memo to Gerald if Cork dont want you we will get a nice house round Armoy and you can be the next Antrim manager, after a couple of seasons managing the rovers :D

INDIANA

anyone getting bored? Its been the debated to the death, let cork stew in their own shite at this stage. there will be a Tv Drama series soon. Its beyond pathetic at this stage, from all parties involved.

SouthArmaghBandit

Quote from: INDIANA on November 25, 2008, 11:26:21 AM
anyone getting bored? Its been the debated to the death, let cork stew in their own shite at this stage. there will be a Tv Drama series soon. Its beyond pathetic at this stage, from all parties involved.

I agree 100% with that Indiana. I'm bored to death with the lot of them and I don't give a flying feck who is to blame!

I'm more interested in this woman from Mayo who wants into the county teams changing rooms.

witnof

Well since they consider themselves a Republic maybe the can f%^k off and organise thier own championship and leave the rest of us alone.

orangeman

Easy on lads, it's not a real championship without the Rebels involved. They bring great colour and no little skill level.

I for one hope to see them in 2009 with everybody back on board.

INDIANA

we can survive without them orangeman, if they can't sort out their problems let them f*** off at this stage. Someone could make a Christmas pantomine out of it at this stage.

Reillers

So Indiana..Is the Championship better off without Cork. Come season time it will be hurling and hurling alone, are they better off??

Would ye not miss them at all?? The Championship would be a lesser place without Cork. 

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 25, 2008, 07:30:29 PM
So Indiana..Is the Championship better off without Cork. Come season time it will be hurling and hurling alone, are they better off??

Would ye not miss them at all?? The Championship would be a lesser place without Cork. 
[/b]

We agree on something plus I'm supporting you - what next ??  ;) ;)