McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 18, 2008, 03:38:36 PM
You don't listen to a word I say do you. You don't want to hear the truth, you're just obsesed with the story. You're convinced the players are lying.

I never said that the players are whiter then white, I said nothing like that. I actually said God only knows how many times by now that I didn't agree with their actions, yet you continue to whinge.

The board, and everyone who knows this has said it and the list is getting linger by the minute, know that the CB are responsible for everything that is wrong with Cork GAA be it with the senior Cork hurlers or down right to the grass roots.
You continue to bullshit. You go on about you knowing pretty well the runnings of Cork GAA yet you come out with stupid questions like did Pa Horgan have a run out with Cork yet, or saying that the politics why certain players aren't playing is actually player power, wait no sorry it was player power one second, even though it has got nothing, absolutley nothing to do with the players, then you say that it's only being brought up now, that's it's convinent. If you had the slightest, tiniest hint of an idea how Cork GAA was run, you'd know that players who aren't playing who should be has been happening for YEARS.

More and more people are coming out and bashing the CB, the players are finally coming out and telling the truth, like the 2 boys did on The Last Word, and like journos like Humphries has been doing.

Yet you wont listen to me, to anyone else on here, to journo like Humphries who actually knows, the guys on The Last Word, John Allen..etc. The list goes on, and why, why don't you believe them or listen to them. Because you don't want to, you don't want to hear the truth because that would mean that the players actions would be justified. Because God forbid the real truth got out, they'd then have 100% backing from everyone if it did.

Do you really think I give to shits about what some guy up in Sligo or Kerry or Antrim thinks? The people who know, the people who get it and know the real situation back the players against the board 100%.

Holland knew he was beaten, but again it wasn't about him. It was the board blatantly and obviously making a statement and the players were 100% entitled to do what they did.
This year, poor Gerald, legend. I said I didn't like the way he was being treated.
But I'm sure it's been mentioned, or you know because you know a bit about the inner workings of Cork GAA, that Gerald wasn't going to take the job again, this was before he was approached by the polayers, he said he wouldn't be interested. And now, just because his pride is hurt he's stayed in it, purely for personal gain, because of his pride.
So he leaks a confidential private document, tells blatant lies to the press and gets everyone wrapped around his little finger, he's won the PR battle all right, it's clear by you that he's influenced the every day paper readers.
But it doesn't mean it's the truth. You think he's whiter then white, yet it fails to hit you that he's made it personal and irreversable every time he's spoken to the press, he's been bitchy and lying about the players. What about the document he leaked, all because his pride was hurt.?? Forget about that did we?? He's a legend and I respect him but the game he's playing is destroying what's left of possible resolution, because he's so hell bent on getting the sympathy vote.

And low and behold, the most condemning thing so far, the most obvious revealing sign, is that Frank Murphy hasn't said a word, as per usual, and his silence is deafening.

He's going to sit and wait, until it's too late for the players to come back and he'll get what he's always wanted, complete control.
Control over success.

Just read those bits in obld and see how utterly confused or hypocritical you really are !

Legend one minute and then a liar the next !!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D

Reillers

Right there you just proved my point, you refused to read or respond to what I wrote, you then highlight random sentences and take them completley out of context. Each posts proves more and more, that you're on here for attention and that you really couldn't care less about the truth, you are just interested in bashing the players. Grow up.

heineken_on_tap

Reillers, Hope your not suggesting that with a whooping 7497 posts, Orangeman talks complete crap and cannot articulate his own opinion across a multiple of different board topics ;)

orangeman

You can't call someone a legend in one sentence and a liar in the next sentence !!

theskull1

"You don't want to hear the truth" .......now get this people....there is only one version of "the truth".  The players know this, but GMcC and the CCB just haven't admitted it yet. Is that how it is?

Reillers ...you never say anything about the players other than wishy washy "their not whiter than white" comments and simply use that as a pretext to go into detail about why the CCB and GMcC have drove them to be that way, whilst on every occassion the players fire the first shot. Any chance of you putting in detail the specific things that you disagreed wityh in regards to the players behaviour in all of this? Or would that be you breaking ranks?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

passedit

Since we're highlighting, here's the relevant bit of that article.

QuoteAnd low and behold, the most condemning thing so far, the most obvious revealing sign, is that Frank Murphy hasn't said a word, as per usual, and his silence is deafening.

He's going to sit and wait, until it's too late for the players to come back and he'll get what he's always wanted, complete control.
Don't Panic

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 18, 2008, 04:45:11 PM
You can't call someone a legend in one sentence and a liar in the next sentence !!

No, and if he is?? He is a legend of a player, that still doesn't mean that he didn't blatantly lie to the press. Eg..he said that the players got on and said that there was no rift or sign of this coming. A lie.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 18, 2008, 05:04:34 PM

No, and if he is?? He is a legend of a player, that still doesn't mean that he didn't blatantly lie to the press. Eg..he said that the players got on and said that there was no rift or sign of this coming. A lie.

Are the players telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Frank ??

Why are under 21s being pressurised into not togging out for the St. Colman's game ?

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1E on November 18, 2008, 04:46:33 PM
"You don't want to hear the truth" .......now get this people....there is only one version of "the truth".  The players know this, but GMcC and the CCB just haven't admitted it yet. Is that how it is?

Reillers ...you never say anything about the players other than wishy washy "their not whiter than white" comments and simply use that as a pretext to go into detail about why the CCB and GMcC have drove them to be that way, whilst on every occassion the players fire the first shot. Any chance of you putting in detail the specific things that you disagreed wityh in regards to the players behaviour in all of this? Or would that be you breaking ranks?

There is the real truth and then there's lies. There are no versions of truth, there's the truth and there are lies. Every occasion the players fire the first shot..bull.
They didn't just act out, they were provoked, 2002, 2006 and now.

You want me to do what. OVER AND OVER AGAIN that I don't agree with their actions. I've kept saying it. I DON'T AGREE WITH THEIR ACTIONS but they are justified.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 18, 2008, 05:08:39 PM

Are the players telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Frank ??

Why are under 21s being pressurised into not togging out for the St. Colman's game ?

What are they lying about?

THE senior players AREN'T pressurising the younger lads. It's the 30 plus players on the panel. They, the panel, aren't playing the St. Colman's game, it doesn't matter how old they are. They are all feel the same, the younger lads are even more vocal then the older ones.

theskull1

Quote from: Reillers on November 18, 2008, 05:09:45 PM
There is the real truth and then there's lies. There are no versions of truth, there's the truth and there are lies.

::) ffs  ???
The more complex and polarised the arguments, the less chance of there being such a thing as "the real truth". Reillers...you really are showing you niavity with such comments. I hope in time you'll eventually start to see shades of grey in that black and white world you live in at the moment.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

witnof

Reillers, right or wrong, the issue is that everyone is sick of the Cork hurlers. And the majoirty of the GAA people in this country simply do not want to listen to them anymore, even if some of the points maybe valid. Its like the boy who cried wolf too often.

Few people believe that they are the most shamably treated group of hurlers in the country and the general perception is that given an inch they will want a mile.

For Christ's sake, going on strike for the second time in the space of a year, what do they expect.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 18, 2008, 05:12:06 PM

THE senior players AREN'T pressurising the younger lads. It's the 30 plus players on the panel. They, the panel, aren't playing the St. Colman's game, it doesn't matter how old they are. They are all feel the same, the younger lads are even more vocal then the older ones.

:D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    Who of the younger lads have been speaking out and running to the newspapers, Primetime, Newstalk etc ???

So far I've only heard Kenny, O'Connor, O hAilpin, Curran, Gardiner and of course the boss !

So the young lads are MORE vocal than the older ones ???

What planet are you living on ? I wouldn't like you be in charge of the players' PR department - maybe that's why they're losing !

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 18, 2008, 05:35:34 PM
Quote from: Reillers on November 18, 2008, 05:12:06 PM

:D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    Who of the younger lads have been speaking out and running to the newspapers, Primetime, Newstalk etc ???

So far I've only heard Kenny, O'Connor, O hAilpin, Curran, Gardiner and of course the boss !

So the young lads are MORE vocal than the older ones ???

What planet are you living on ? I wouldn't like you be in charge of the players' PR department - maybe that's why they're losing !

SO you know, you actually know, you've met the lads, you know the younger players. I do. So far, you've got the reps of the team come out to the press. Shane O Neill has spoken on behalf of the younger players. Forget that did we, or did you read far enough under the headings to get there.

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on November 18, 2008, 05:29:29 PM
Quote from: Reillers on November 18, 2008, 05:09:45 PM
There is the real truth and then there's lies. There are no versions of truth, there's the truth and there are lies.

::) ffs  ???
The more complex and polarised the arguments, the less chance of there being such a thing as "the real truth". Reillers...you really are showing you niavity with such comments. I hope in time you'll eventually start to see shades of grey in that black and white world you live in at the moment.
The whole things is a grey issue. But all YE see is black and white. The players or Gerald. Ye don't, or wont more likely I'd say, see what's really going on in between, the real issue.