McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Zulu on November 07, 2008, 12:21:41 PM

Jonnycool, Kilkenny is a happy camp not because Brian Cody is such a great manager but because everyone is pulling in the same direction, manager, players, CB, clubs, schools etc. In Cork it is the exact opposite and the players are not to blame for most of that.

I know Kilkenny have good structures in place and that's a different debate but it's now only raised as an issue in Cork because the attacks on McCarthy failed on all levels. If the players had wanted fundamental changes to the structures in Cork, why not bring it up at the start?

As for Kilkenny seniors, they pull in Brian Cody's direction, not the players or some high ranking official's idea's.

billy the kid

Reillers - who the F**k do you thing you are telling me i cant post? Just because your a Cork senior hurler doesnt mean you control all things hurling, although we all know thats what yous want.

The Skull summed U up perfectly you big baby, anybody who doesnt agree with you is, stupid, has half a brain, isnt sensible etc. Reading back over this thread, only Yourself, GAA and Zulu appear to be in agreement with everyone else on the other side of the arguement, So does that  mean that the vast majority of posters on this thread are stupid half brains with no sense?

you really are a piece of work.

Why is it that everything you spout on here is a "fact" but everyone else just has it in for the players cause we hate them?
I and many other posters on here, have stated that we regard many of the current panel as living legends but are we not allowed to form an opinion of our own about their latest strike being right or wrong?

Oh thats right you cork hurlers all do as Donal Og and his chums say and dont deal in independent thoughts or opinions.  

You have yet to produce one piece of real evidence (Articles by journos and ex managers who are close to players are hardly real or impartial evidence) to back up your claims of delegates being paid under the table, Murphy being in control of the entire CCB or any of your other outlandish allegations.

I have no doubt that your CB can be hard to work with at times, as all CBs are but you and your team mates very personal attacks on Frank Murphy and McCarthy are inappropriate and at times outrageous. Laying all the blame at these 2 mens door smacks of 'passing the buck' for all Corks problems. The players have to shoulder at least some of the blame, and their confrontational and militant approach to problem solving has only served to isolate themselves from the wider GAA community and paint themselves as the panto villains.

The strike was supported in 2002 as the reasons were well documented and the majority of GAA supporters and players up and down the country thought their case just.

Last years strike had no where near the level of backing, became although most agreed that a manager should pick his own selectors players statements became very personal against Teddy Holland who was caught in the middle and the strike was seen as to much in some quarters.

This current strike has much less support still and I honestly have yet to speak to a single Club player, County player, supporter, manager or committe man who has any support for your strike "FACT". **  Yous havent learnt from the mistake of getting personal with individuals in your campaign, or whatever you wanna call it, many see yous as trying to run things and wonder whats the problem if yous had representatives on the selection panel and my first thought like many others was " Oh God not again, what are they striking over this time and what will it be next?" when i first heard about this years strike.

**Bar recording every one of these conversations and posting them to you I dont see how i can prove this to you**

Ps. I dont believe this strike has the issue of Pay for play at its heart and I dont really think that anyone else on here does either.  
However it was interesting to note Gardiners comment on it but it is hardly surprising as the dogs in the street already knew that was the ultimate goal of the GPA, and as someone who is very strongly against Pay for play I cant help but wonder will this be what the next strike will be about in a year or 2??
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

orangeman

Half of them are prehistoric and great friends with the man himself, the others genuinely feel if they are the first to speak they will be "dealt with,"..like I said earlier, the CCB controls everything in Cork GAA..they can control what refs they get, what games they get which is key to bringing in money..etc.

How on earth then did Sarsfields win the County championship then ? A biased referee ???

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 07, 2008, 12:35:38 PM
Not entierly cornafean, though I agree that is also an issue but you'll find in every county some clubs who can get games called off and others who can't. The bottom line here is there are few posters on this board who are even remotely satisfied with their CB that must say something about the system.

QuoteAu contraire - it's now one of the biggest worries we have currently - we can't have the tail wagging the dog !

Nonsense, I've made a lot of points in that post and you can only highlight the last line and then say you disagree without any supporting argument. If the 'dog' isn't doing a good job then yes the 'tail' has every right to try and lead for a while but I'll wait for you to put together an argument before i can discuss this futher.

Jonnycool, Kilkenny is a happy camp not because Brian Cody is such a great manager but because everyone is pulling in the same direction, manager, players, CB, clubs, schools etc. In Cork it is the exact opposite and the players are not to blame for most of that.

I can't believe you are saying that Kilkenny are great NOT because Brian Cody is such a good manager but because everyone is pulling in the same direction !!!!!!!!!!! This is simply an outragoeous statement. Wise up !

So you want back up - here's the back up - This great Cork team were going for their won 3 in a row in 2006 - but came up against an awesome team in Kilkenny who are simply the best team that have ever played hurling.

Had Cork pulled off the 3 in a row they could have done 4 or 5 in a row -

However they didn't - but they put together a great run of final appearances and 2 in a row and contested a final in 2006 for the 3 in a row.

Cork in 2006 were on the crest of a wave -

So, to use your term, was everyone pulling in the same direction - the manager, schools, county board, clubs etc ??

Frank Murphy and the county board haven't changed much in the interim.

ONLY 2 THINGS HAVE CHANGED IN THE INTERIM AND IT'S HIGH TIME THE PLAYERS REALISED THIS :

Kilkenny have got better and Cork have got worse.

Cork's great team are now at the end of the road sadly. They were a great team but are on the wane - it's no shame.

But it's not on to start blaming the managment or the county board.

There is no way that this KK side is the best ever team to play the game, that's media crap. There are sevceral better teams who won just as many if not more AIs in a row playing real hurling now the shite the play..but a wins a win, and you do what you have to to win, and I've had taken a win in 06 if meant playing that way. What happened in 06 is that KK figured out how to stop Cork's play, not some miraculous miracle where a team was formed and became the best ever to grace our lands, but simple pure tactics..how, because Cody is the best manager in the country.

Without Cody the Kilkenny team wouldn't be half the team they are today. He's able to give the impression that everyone's droppable, which is bull there are players on that team that would never no matter what form, be dropped.
They are like any other team, and either this year, or next..one or the other the team will reach the end of the road. They peaked in the 08 final and there's only one way to go from that.
Cody makes them who they are. If Cody was at Cork or Tipp..etc same thing would have happened. to an extent.

He is a brilliant manager and he couldn't have it easier really, EVERYONE is pulling together like Zulo said, for one common goal, it's never, ever been like that in Cork, the players firmly believe and it's true that the AI's they won were inspite of the board, when the board so call lost control, we were in 4 AI finals, winning 2.
They've everyone working together. Not to mention then that Cody is so great that he's able to get the team to peak in the semi/final, he has it haneded to him on a plate in some ways because they are guaranteed a semi final spot every year. But if it was anyone else in charge they wouldn't have them ready like they are, you look at the Munster winners and it's their downfall nearly every year because they like kK sit on their arses for a few weeks with no games, their manager isn't like Cody, he can't get them as sharp as KK are because they were sharp, prepared, relaxed and professional. They've put teams away very fast and very quickly, teams that were over played, 3 games over 3 weekends..etc. Cody makes the team who they are, he makes them great. The best manager in the country by a long shot..it's almost dissapointing seeing him with KK, because it's not that much of a challenge cause all he needs to do is get them ready for 2 (potentially) hard games, it'd be very interesting to see how good he'd be with a Munster team who have game after game, and often become overtired because of being overplayed, I'm sure he'd work it out though, he's that good, and how good the players would be without him.

And OM if I've to say it one more time..mother of God like, IT'S NOT ABOUT KILKENNY..IT'S NOT EVEN REALLY ABOUT GERALD MAC..IT IS ABOUT THE BOARD.

How many more ways to I've to break it down before you understand that..finger puppets next time I think, maybe then it'll sink in.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 07, 2008, 01:19:15 PM
Half of them are prehistoric and great friends with the man himself, the others genuinely feel if they are the first to speak they will be "dealt with,"..like I said earlier, the CCB controls everything in Cork GAA..they can control what refs they get, what games they get which is key to bringing in money..etc.

How on earth then did Sarsfields win the County championship then ? A biased referee ???

Did you see Sars sticking their head of the parpert saying that Murphy was a prehistoric power hungry dictator lately..I can't recall that happening?

Zulu

Not entierly cornafean, though I agree that is also an issue but you'll find in every county some clubs who can get games called off and others who can't. The bottom line here is there are few posters on this board who are even remotely satisfied with their CB that must say something about the system.

QuoteAu contraire - it's now one of the biggest worries we have currently - we can't have the tail wagging the dog !

Nonsense, I've made a lot of points in that post and you can only highlight the last line and then say you disagree without any supporting argument. If the 'dog' isn't doing a good job then yes the 'tail' has every right to try and lead for a while but I'll wait for you to put together an argument before i can discuss this futher.

I can't believe you are saying that Kilkenny are great NOT because Brian Cody is such a good manager but because everyone is pulling in the same direction !!!!!!!!!!! This is simply an outragoeous statement. Wise up !

So you want back up - here's the back up - This great Cork team were going for their won 3 in a row in 2006 - but came up against an awesome team in Kilkenny who are simply the best team that have ever played hurling.

However they didn't - but they put together a great run of final appearances and 2 in a row and contested a final in 2006 for the 3 in a row.

So, to use your term, was everyone pulling in the same direction - the manager, schools, county board, clubs etc ??

ONLY 2 THINGS HAVE CHANGED IN THE INTERIM AND IT'S HIGH TIME THE PLAYERS REALISED THIS :

Cork's great team are now at the end of the road sadly. They were a great team but are on the wane - it's no shame.

I didn't say Cody wasn't a great manager but he is working with great players and with great support from the CB and everyone is on the same page and therefore he gets the maximum from the talent at his disposal. This isn't the case in Cork.

And why do you think Kilkenny are constantly bringing quality players through the system? I'll tell you why, because they have a system of developing hurling through the schools and clubs, Cork don't.

I'm not sure what your point about Cork's All Ireland is, they won AI's under JBM, Donal and John Allen all managers they were happy with and under whom the CB didn't interfere so the evidence would suggest that if you keep these lads happy they'll reward you with titles. What does the CB do? They try and rock the boat.

I'm amazed that you can credit Brain Cody with winning AI's for Kilkenny and Gerald McCarthy for the Clare and Galway wins yet you blame the Cork players for not winning AI's. Are managers responsible for success and players for failures?

Oh and you still haven't responded to the content of my first post, that's two replies without agreeing or disagreeing with the content of my post

Jonny these issues about Cork hurling have been in the public domain for a long time it's just now people that familiar with Cork are taking notice. Many people I know think Cork GAA is dying on it's feet with little forward thinking on how to develop football or hurling in the county.

orangeman

So for the purposes of clarity.

Will the players play next year with Gerald Mc Carthy as manager ? YES OR NO ? Or do the board / Frank have to resign first ?

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 07, 2008, 01:25:47 PM

Did you see Sars sticking their head of the parpert saying that Murphy was a prehistoric power hungry dictator lately..I can't recall that happening?

So that helped them win a county title - you're mad as hell !

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on November 07, 2008, 01:26:12 PM

I didn't say Cody wasn't a great manager but he is working with great players and with great support from the CB and everyone is on the same page and therefore he gets the maximum from the talent at his disposal. This isn't the case in Cork.And why do you think Kilkenny are constantly bringing quality players through the system? I'll tell you why, because they have a system of developing hurling through the schools and clubs, Cork don't.

I'm not sure what your point about Cork's All Ireland is, they won AI's under JBM, Donal and John Allen all managers they were happy with and under whom the CB didn't interfere so the evidence would suggest that if you keep these lads happy they'll reward you with titles. What does the CB do? They try and rock the boat.

I'm amazed that you can credit Brain Cody with winning AI's for Kilkenny and Gerald McCarthy for the Clare and Galway wins yet you blame the Cork players for not winning AI's. Are managers responsible for success and players for failures?

Oh and you still haven't responded to the content of my first post, that's two replies without agreeing or disagreeing with the content of my post

Jonny these issues about Cork hurling have been in the public domain for a long time it's just now people that familiar with Cork are taking notice. Many people I know think Cork GAA is dying on it's feet with little forward thinking on how to develop football or hurling in the county.

Was everybody on the same page in from 2002 to 2006 ?

What happened in 2006 ? Beaten by a better team - that's what happened -
What happened in 2007 ? Semplegate and a better Waterford side and a team in decline.
What happened in 2008 ? A team in more decline.
What will happen in 2009 ? Maybe these Crok lads know they're coming to the end and want a big smokescreen to deflect attention away from them and onto the manager and the board - maybe that's unfair but if I were them, I'd be in a gym training like mad and giving themselves a target of another AI final where they can go down as the only team to consistently compete with and beat the Cats ( the best team ever ) on a consistent basis. This nakes Cork a very good side and I think their could be a dying kick in them as a team but they're going the wrong way about it.

johnneycool

Quote from: Zulu on November 07, 2008, 01:26:12 PM

I'm sure they were but they've only become a concern of the elite players after they made a mess of the personal attack on Gerald McCarthy. They should have been the first thing on the agenda if that was the case, not the hotel meeting with McCarthy.

If the players are highlighting the issue for the right reasons then fair play to them but the timing suggests its a bit of a smokescreen and a totally seperate issue to the managers position.

Why would a proud Corkman like Frank Murphy knowingly allow Cork hurling to die on its feet and why would club delegates allow Frank to do so?
Maybe he's got that in-built Cork arrogance that suggests that Cork have been hurling this way for over 100 years and it's done them no harm so why change now or is he a bit of a control freak where the only good ideas come from him?
i only know the persona put out in the press and as he was against the opening of Croke park, he's a 'dinosaur' in their eyes but he must do some good ultimately or the clubs would be turning on him by now.

billy the kid

Quote from: Reillers on November 07, 2008, 01:22:28 PM

There is no way that this KK side is the best ever team to play the game, that's media crap. There are sevceral better teams who won just as many if not more AIs in a row playing real hurling now the shite the play..but a wins a win, and you do what you have to to win, and I've had taken a win in 06 if meant playing that way. What happened in 06 is that KK figured out how to stop Cork's play, not some miraculous miracle where a team was formed and became the best ever to grace our lands, but simple pure tactics..how, because Cody is the best manager in the country.

Without Cody the Kilkenny team wouldn't be half the team they are today. He's able to give the impression that everyone's droppable, which is bull there are players on that team that would never no matter what form, be dropped.
They are like any other team, and either this year, or next..one or the other the team will reach the end of the road. They peaked in the 08 final and there's only one way to go from that.
Cody makes them who they are. If Cody was at Cork or Tipp..etc same thing would have happened. to an extent.

He is a brilliant manager and he couldn't have it easier really, EVERYONE is pulling together like Zulo said, for one common goal, it's never, ever been like that in Cork, the players firmly believe and it's true that the AI's they won were inspite of the board, when the board so call lost control, we were in 4 AI finals, winning 2.
They've everyone working together. Not to mention then that Cody is so great that he's able to get the team to peak in the semi/final, he has it haneded to him on a plate in some ways because they are guaranteed a semi final spot every year. But if it was anyone else in charge they wouldn't have them ready like they are, you look at the Munster winners and it's their downfall nearly every year because they like kK sit on their arses for a few weeks with no games, their manager isn't like Cody, he can't get them as sharp as KK are because they were sharp, prepared, relaxed and professional. They've put teams away very fast and very quickly, teams that were over played, 3 games over 3 weekends..etc. Cody makes the team who they are, he makes them great. The best manager in the country by a long shot..it's almost dissapointing seeing him with KK, because it's not that much of a challenge cause all he needs to do is get them ready for 2 (potentially) hard games, it'd be very interesting to see how good he'd be with a Munster team who have game after game, and often become overtired because of being overplayed, I'm sure he'd work it out though, he's that good, and how good the players would be without him.

And OM if I've to say it one more time..mother of God like, IT'S NOT ABOUT KILKENNY..IT'S NOT EVEN REALLY ABOUT GERALD MAC..IT IS ABOUT THE BOARD.

How many more ways to I've to break it down before you understand that..finger puppets next time I think, maybe then it'll sink in.

Reillers statements like that sound like jealousy and will cause you to lose the little credibility you have on the board.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Reillers

Quote from: billy the kid on November 07, 2008, 01:12:18 PM
Reillers - who the F**k do you thing you are telling me i cant post? Just because your a Cork senior hurler doesnt mean you control all things hurling, although we all know thats what yous want.

The Skull summed U up perfectly you big baby, anybody who doesnt agree with you is, stupid, has half a brain, isnt sensible etc. Reading back over this thread, only Yourself, GAA and Zulu appear to be in agreement with everyone else on the other side of the arguement, So does that  mean that the vast majority of posters on this thread are stupid half brains with no sense?

you really are a piece of work.

Why is it that everything you spout on here is a "fact" but everyone else just has it in for the players cause we hate them?
I and many other posters on here, have stated that we regard many of the current panel as living legends but are we not allowed to form an opinion of our own about their latest strike being right or wrong?

Oh thats right you cork hurlers all do as Donal Og and his chums say and dont deal in independent thoughts or opinions.  

You have yet to produce one piece of real evidence (Articles by journos and ex managers who are close to players are hardly real or impartial evidence) to back up your claims of delegates being paid under the table, Murphy being in control of the entire CCB or any of your other outlandish allegations.

I have no doubt that your CB can be hard to work with at times, as all CBs are but you and your team mates very personal attacks on Frank Murphy and McCarthy are inappropriate and at times outrageous. Laying all the blame at these 2 mens door smacks of 'passing the buck' for all Corks problems. The players have to shoulder at least some of the blame, and their confrontational and militant approach to problem solving has only served to isolate themselves from the wider GAA community and paint themselves as the panto villains.

The strike was supported in 2002 as the reasons were well documented and the majority of GAA supporters and players up and down the country thought their case just.

Last years strike had no where near the level of backing, became although most agreed that a manager should pick his own selectors players statements became very personal against Teddy Holland who was caught in the middle and the strike was seen as to much in some quarters.

This current strike has much less support still and I honestly have yet to speak to a single Club player, County player, supporter, manager or committe man who has any support for your strike "FACT". **  Yous havent learnt from the mistake of getting personal with individuals in your campaign, or whatever you wanna call it, many see yous as trying to run things and wonder whats the problem if yous had representatives on the selection panel and my first thought like many others was " Oh God not again, what are they striking over this time and what will it be next?" when i first heard about this years strike.

**Bar recording every one of these conversations and posting them to you I dont see how i can prove this to you**

Ps. I dont believe this strike has the issue of Pay for play at its heart and I dont really think that anyone else on here does either.  
However it was interesting to note Gardiners comment on it but it is hardly surprising as the dogs in the street already knew that was the ultimate goal of the GPA, and as someone who is very strongly against Pay for play I cant help but wonder will this be what the next strike will be about in a year or 2??
??
Oh my God Billy really, grow up, shouldn't you be in school at this hour..I mean really, "you big baby," what are you 12??..know wonder no one can have a debate with you.

I'm NOT (not like it'll make any difference because it'll bounce off your head) one of the players.
I think people who fail to listen to the overwhelming view that's growing, to hard cold facts, to the people who know whats going on inside, to articles about what's really going on, to interviews and statements about what's going on all saying the same thing.
Then a few idiots come on and despite what everyone and everything has said contridicating the fact ye turn around and, despite what the actual fact is, say the exact opposite, coming out with crap like they're doing it for the money or like really don't care about the future of Cork GAA and are only a "bunch of w**ks"..despite the overwhelming growing evidence of the fact that they actually care.

Like you right there, right now, turned around and said oh Donal Og leading everyone, despite the players saying that it's not true, you refuse to take their word for it, or anyone elses for that matter, because God forbid that you could be wrong, or someone disagrees with you.

You continue to be so unreasonable..like you say that I failed to produce any evidence, and that articles by journos and ex managers who are close to players are hardly real or impartial evidence..who else will now, what more evidence do you want????
Tell me who else knows better of the works of the CB then two highly rated respected ex Cork managers..the Tipp manager clearly wont know what's going on, the only people who do are ex managers, players, people with inside info..ie smart journalists..etc.
Be reasonable like, who else will know, what other evidence do you want..the CB are hardly going to come out and say it now are they. Because it's the CCB there is very little written down about it.

"I have no doubt that your CB can be hard to work with at times,"
Read the 20 points that are put up that are SOME of the things wrong with Cork Gaa and then tell me again that AT TIMES they're hard to work with.

"As all CBs are but you and your team mates very personal attacks on Frank Murphy and McCarthy are inappropriate and at times outrageous."

I AM NOT A BLOODY PLAYER..
I haven't heard one person say Frank Murphy's name. As for Gerald Mac, the players simply said that they didn't think his training was good, anyone with half a brain who say them train, a good few people have seen them train who have seen the previous Cork managers train them will notice the massive gapping difference in standards.
Nothing more personal then saying how shite training was..But McCarthy in case you forget had a document that belonged to him that he and only he alone had, he had the one copy of a very priavte confidential document, and it was leaked to the press, who used it as a weapon against the players..there was really only one person who could have done this. Take a guess who. That was an unbelivable breach of trust, he crossed the line, he made it personal, he called Ben a liar, he called them all liars, he made it personal, the players last night responded to it in their statement, which they were perfectly entitled to.
Again here you are, which you and the other half brains, not even looking at the facts, contradicting them completley, not caring about the truth and only caring about villonising the players. The players didn't make this personal, Gerald did..not like you care.

"Laying all the blame at these 2 mens door smacks of 'passing the buck' for all Corks problems. The players have to shoulder at least some of the blame, and their confrontational and militant approach to problem solving has only served to isolate themselves from the wider GAA community and paint themselves as the panto villains."

When did they ever do that, lay all the blame on the two lads, here we go again more claims that are basically factless and made up just to make the players look bad.
The players take full responsibilty of loosing to KK, they know they weren't any where near good enough, that they were beaten by a much better team, they've said that.
WHAT THEY ARE DOING, WHAT THEY WANT IS A BETTER MANGER (For people who give so much time, who sacrifice so much in hope of winning an AI, who most have won 2/3 in their time, know what it takes to win an AI, they are best placed to judge that clearly, after 2 seasons of seeing him, Gerald Mac is not). They presumed, we all presumed that there was no way in hell that Gerald would have another 2 years. We expected him to be sacked, or atleast walk.
But he was kept on passed as manager again, THE PLAYERS were really annoyed in the way he was put through again. That's what they are annoyed about.

Their confrontational militant approach is the only way to get listened to by the CCB..in this case though, they fell right into their hands, because the goal of the CCB in all of this was not to keep Gerald on as manager but to get rid of the senior players, they knew that this would happen, and that the players, not able to strike because of arbitrition would be forced to walk away, and finally all the power would be back in the CB hands.
I've said that so many times, but again you don't listen to other people's oppinions, you don't read their posts unless you see that it's about you.

"Last years strike had no where near the level of backing, became although most agreed that a manager should pick his own selectors players statements became very personal against Teddy Holland who was caught in the middle and the strike was seen as to much in some quarters."

Last years strike was to do with the footballers, the hurlers meerly backed them, that strike was very much about the issues of this strike, did the board learn from that, no, no, of course not because here we are a year later in the same situation with the hurlers. The footballers could well end up returning the favour this season.

"This current strike has much less support still and I honestly have yet to speak to a single Club player, County player, supporter, manager or committe man who has any support for your strike "FACT". **  Yous havent learnt from the mistake of getting personal with individuals in your campaign, or whatever you wanna call it, many see yous as trying to run things and wonder whats the problem if yous had representatives on the selection panel and my first thought like many others was " Oh God not again, what are they striking over this time and what will it be next?" when i first heard about this years strike."

Where are you from?? when you've been asked you bounce around the question.

People have different oppinions, very different oppinions, clearly.
I've talked to plenty club players, people I know, people I play with..etc who support the players, people in clubs who know exactly what's going on in Cork.

What players, managers..etc have you been talking to exactly, you come out with all this but never not once have you put fact to it or backed it up. So where are you from.
And at the end of the day do you really think that the players give a f**k what people in Athlone or Kerry or wherever think of them. They are a little busy, they are taking on the bully of all bullies and are willing to walk away from something they love so much for the good of Cork GAA's future and the young lads there..FACT.

Ps. What is this, Dear Diary??
I dont believe this strike has the issue of Pay for play at its heart and I dont really think that anyone else on here does either.  
However it was interesting to note Gardiners comment on it but it is hardly surprising as the dogs in the street already knew that was the ultimate goal of the GPA, and as someone who is very strongly against Pay for play I cant help but wonder will this be what the next strike will be about in a year or 2??"

I firmly believe that it was a slip of the tounge, a way to finish the sentence, that they are not with everything on their plates at the minute, interested in even going near the word pay for play.
I really haven't a clue what the GPA are up to and Cork players do not run the GPA!!
The Cork players are striking for the good of Cork's future not some stupid pay for play, this is why I call you an idiot because of half whitt comments like that. It's got NOTHING to do with money it's about the CB destroying Cork hurling.
Really how many more times does it have to be said.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 07, 2008, 01:27:43 PM
Quote from: Reillers on November 07, 2008, 01:25:47 PM

So that helped them win a county title - you're mad as hell !

OMG LISTEN will ya. They didn't do anything. They played. They didn't get a biased or a bad ref, nobody did, because nobody did anything.
LISTEN for Christ sake will ya.

Reillers

Quote from: billy the kid on November 07, 2008, 01:58:19 PM
Quote from: Reillers on November 07, 2008, 01:22:28 PM

Reillers statements like that sound like jealousy and will cause you to lose the little credibility you have on the board.

OMG Billy this is beyond retarded from you, first of all you talk to me about credibility, says the little child who is without a doubt the most unreasonable GAA "fan" I've ever come across, who has zero credibility on here.

This KK team isn't even the best KK team that's been around. One of, not the best, that's not jealousy, try the teams who've won 4 in a row, the great teams of decades before. Even a hell lot of KK fans don't think this is the best team that's ever been.
It's like saying Joe Canning is the best player there's ever been..why because he's current and amazing now, and the media says so, when clearly despite media hype there have been better players.
It's also a well known fact, even KK fans themself say it, that the style of hurling they play is boring and dull as hell, but like I said a wins a win and I'd have been willing to see us play like that if we won in 2006.

How, please tell, how did you manage to get jealousy from that.
Your just nit picking at this stage. Get a life, it's sad and boring at this stage.

Zulu

You still refuse to engage in any debate, instead you simply regurgitate your opinion with little factual support. What is your point about Cork's recent record? You seem to be suggesting that they haven't won an AI in the last 3 years because they are a team in decline and are trying to deflect the blame from themselves onto Gerald McCarthy by going on strike. I don't think anyone would buy that and most supporters would question a management team that has failed to win any silverware with a team loaded with AI winners. Anyway as Reillers has pointed out this isn't about Gerald McCarthy, the players are undoubtedly unhappy with him but it is the process that led to his reappointment that is fueling the player's fire. I have posed many questions about the CCB and neither you nor anyone else has answered them (that I'm aware of) so I'll ask you, OM, one more time. Why wasn't there at least one other candidate for the Cork job? I presume you don't know but I'm wondering if it doesn't raise some questions as to validity of the process in your mind.

QuoteWhy would a proud Corkman like Frank Murphy knowingly allow Cork hurling to die on its feet and why would club delegates allow Frank to do so?
Maybe he's got that in-built Cork arrogance that suggests that Cork have been hurling this way for over 100 years and it's done them no harm so why change now or is he a bit of a control freak where the only good ideas come from him?
i only know the persona put out in the press and as he was against the opening of Croke park, he's a 'dinosaur' in their eyes but he must do some good ultimately or the clubs would be turning on him by now.

I think that has a lot to do with it and I also think that he is a control freak (though I haven't any personal experience of this). I do however have personal experience of dealing with older GAA man in situations of power who won't allow younger more knowledgeable individuals leeway to enact change. Both Tyrone and Kilkenny seem to have progressive people involved at various levels who allow people who are experts in their field to work away, in Cork it seems the CB want to run everything even when they haven't a notion what they are talking about.

The bottom line is players want to play and want to be successful, they would only repeatedly strike like this if something very rotten was at the core of Cork GAA. For lads to come on here with absolutely no evidence and suggest that players are doing this for money, their position on the team or some other such notion is rubbish