McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: The GAA on November 06, 2008, 11:53:21 AM

That's not a great staking out the ground statement for public consumption from the players. they needed something more concise and business like. it seems to me that they have gone to great lengths to inform the masses in detail and tried to be as non confrontational as possible.  they have lost sight of the necessary "political" tone of previous statements on the matter from McCarthy, etc.

OM
1 - what have cork won under McCarthy?
2 - which players are retirement age?

1 - The same as most managers in the country...nothing. And similar to the rest we all admired the way youse played in the games.
2 - I would rephrase the question to be ....What players are now not good enough to win an AI for Cork at the present time?
             I would say....Sully, Timmy McC, Niall McC, Joe Deane
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on November 06, 2008, 11:53:21 AM

That's not a great staking out the ground statement for public consumption from the players. they needed something more concise and business like. it seems to me that they have gone to great lengths to inform the masses in detail and tried to be as non confrontational as possible.  they have lost sight of the necessary "political" tone of previous statements on the matter from McCarthy, etc.

OM
1 - what have cork won under McCarthy?
2 - which players are retirement age?
[/b]

1 - The same as most managers in the country...nothing. And similar to the rest we all admired the way youse played in the games.
2 - I would rephrase the question to be ....What players are now not good enough to win an AI for Cork at the present time?
             I would say....Sully, Timmy McC, Niall McC, Joe Deane - SADLY their best years are behind them - they were total legends in my book. But sadly nothing lasts forever.

Whilst Cork won nothing, they won 2 games last year in which they should have been beat and the credit for winning these games against Galway and Clare was Mc Carthy's.

Semplegate stood in the way of real progress in 2007 - which you can hardly blame Mc Carthy for - but he stood by the players 100% and fought to defend their honour ( which he did very effectively by the way ).

The GAA

1 - Surely, even to someone like you, the decline of a team which had recently won all irelands has been alarming in the last couple of years?

so you reason that the players are just not good enough but the two games they won are down to the manager alone?

2 - do a bit of googling there and see what age "Sully, Timmy McC, Niall McC, Joe Deane" are and see if it fits with your impressions. interesing that you didn't include donal og.

I don't know why i engage in this primary school reasoning with you because as usual when i win every point you'll just start again tomorrow

theskull1

GAA...I have no clue who you are talking to but seeing as I mentioned those names....

You'll notice I didn't refer to age and I referred to the ones who wern't good enough to win the AI. Almost every one of those boys could hurl maybe another 2-3 years at intercounty level and compete well against most sides.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

billy the kid

Quote from: The GAA on November 06, 2008, 01:32:59 PM

1 - Surely, even to someone like you, the decline of a team which had recently won all irelands has been alarming in the last couple of years?

so you reason that the players are just not good enough but the two games they won are down to the manager alone?

2 - do a bit of googling there and see what age "Sully, Timmy McC, Niall McC, Joe Deane" are and see if it fits with your impressions. interesing that you didn't include donal og.

I don't know why i engage in this primary school reasoning with you because as usual when i win every point you'll just start again tomorrow

Sorry GAA but let me correct that - Donal Og (GAA) is not good enough to be playing on an All Ireland winning team  ;D

Yer man who came in for him last year when he was sent off looked a much better keeper.

Donal Og should retire and let the new blood in to develop into an All Ireland winning keeper. Donal Og could concentrate on working for the GPA and sending in messages to GAABOARD.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

The GAA

Quote from: theskull1 on November 06, 2008, 01:47:06 PM
GAA...I have no clue who you are talking to but seeing as I mentioned those names....

You're not capable of reading the previous post, then mine and work out that myself and orangeman are conversing?

The GAA

Quote from: billy the kid on November 06, 2008, 02:06:42 PM

Sorry GAA but let me correct that - Donal Og (GAA) is not good enough to be playing on an All Ireland winning team  ;D

Yer man who came in for him last year when he was sent off looked a much better keeper.

Donal Og should retire and let the new blood in to develop into an All Ireland winning keeper. Donal Og could concentrate on working for the GPA and sending in messages to GAABOARD.

seriously Billy, if you keep eating your mother's slimming pills in these quantities eventally every day will be as confused as this one

billy the kid

Shes not fat shes just big boned!!

Donal, maybe you and some of your cohorts should take some slimming pills for those big egos yous have and realise the World, CLG, and Cork Hurling do not revolve around yous.

I have no doubt that there are wrongs on all sides but the Cork players want everything their own way and seem to be trying to run the team and play on it.  They had a strike last year and one of their key demands was that they wanted to have representation on the panel that selects the manager which they got. Now that the panel has selected a manager (after a vote) they dont like  they are on strike again.

What next? A strike at half time in matches if they are getting beat? A strike before the All stars to ensure they get more? A strike before bed time if they dont get their favourite story read to them? 
If it moves hit it

orangeman

So who are you then - I'm from a small club in Tyrone -  Ardboe to be precise  - what club do you belong do ? Never deny where you come from - always stand up, be proud of your roots - I know I am -

So where you from GAA ?

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on November 06, 2008, 03:02:18 PM

So who are you then - I'm from a small club in Tyrone -  Ardboe to be precise  - what club do you belong do ? Never deny where you come from - always stand up, be proud of your roots - I know I am -

So where you from GAA ?

So you can't debate the issues? you have to make it personal when you run out of steam. you left out your name - mine's Donal and i'm from cloyne.

The GAA

Quote from: billy the kid on November 06, 2008, 02:48:16 PM
Shes not fat shes just big boned!!

Donal, maybe you and some of your cohorts should take some slimming pills for those big egos yous have and realise the World, CLG, and Cork Hurling do not revolve around yous.

I have no doubt that there are wrongs on all sides but the Cork players want everything their own way and seem to be trying to run the team and play on it.  They had a strike last year and one of their key demands was that they wanted to have representation on the panel that selects the manager which they got. Now that the panel has selected a manager (after a vote) they dont like  they are on strike again.

What next? A strike at half time in matches if they are getting beat? A strike before the All stars to ensure they get more? A strike before bed time if they dont get their favourite story read to them? 

Dead on Frank

billy the kid

Mines Billy, Im from  

21 Grassroots Avenue,
Reality Drive,
32 Counties.
If it moves hit it

The GAA

Heard about you before. you talk a lot and make outlandish claims about who you represent, yet noone ever seems to have met you or seen any evidence of your mandate

billy the kid

Donal, if you took of the blinkers and actually asked the average GAA man, club player, county player, managers and other county boards ( :o) what their opinion of your latest strike was you would soon see how yous are seen. Yous were a great team and some of your team mates are living legends, but this is not the way to go about things. Strike after strike after strike. If yous dont wanna play for the maqnager, if the county board are to much for you - leave and your dignity will still be intact.  Drag this out and stamp your feet and the puny backing yous have from supporters will dissappear altogether.

Yous say yous dont want to pick the manager but when one is democratically selected who yous dont like yous go on strike.

With all these strikes going on who in there right mind would want to take yous while the ringleaders are still playing.

If McCarthy stays, as he should be allowed but IMHO why he would want to now is beyond me, or
If a new man comes in I hope they drop the ringleaders and let people know who is boss.

I used to be a big fan of the Cork hurling team but like many I found it hard to support them last year but did, however this year looks as if it will be even worse.
If it moves hit it

The GAA

I'm a bad person for making the "special" boy look "special", but

Quote from: billy the kid on November 06, 2008, 03:38:49 PM
Donal, if you took of the blinkers and actually asked the average GAA man, club player, county player, managers and other county boards ( :o) what their opinion of your latest strike was you would soon see how yous are seen.

How do you know what each of those groups of people think?