This week's The Celtic View - Page 65!

Started by T Fearon, October 23, 2008, 09:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on October 23, 2008, 03:01:49 PM
Best of luck, and certainly if I hear of anything I'll be in touch

Tone, keep me in mind for tickets as well.  ;)
Tbc....

naka

you`re a spurs supporter dont be sullying the bhoys with your allegiance

ziggysego

I see David has had death threats made against him on a messageboard over this comment.

Bard, you been up to your old tricks again?
Testing Accessibility

saffron sam2

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 23, 2008, 01:53:26 PM
I've never heard of the term "goal famine" and neither have any of you!

Healy is guilty and should be banned from football for life.

I beleive the ban has already been in place in the premier league for over a year now  ;)

I reckon you're on to something. I would use the term "goal drought", i.e. the goals have dried up. That is also the term used in this match report http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1078011/Healy-ends-goal-drought-big-night-Northern-Ireland.html

A quick google would suggest that the term "goal drought" is 20 times as common as "goal famine".

Death threats are inexcusable though.

Sorry, David. Editing is great.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

stiffler

The actual news report was replayed on utv tonight.

Healy said hes glad the famine is over, no mention of goal.

Utv also showed clips of before the interview, showing healy smiling. This was in reference to the fact that he was smiling when he said the famine was over.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Main Street

I'm glad the Famine is over too.

But I'm undecided whether Healy was talking about his goal famine or N Irelands.
Either way, from now on, I won't lose another moments thought about it.

nifan

typing goal famine into google gives amongst the first page of results

McIlroy sees Healy as the striker to end goal famine ...

So its hardly a new term in context of Healy never mind anything else.

Theres also talk of rooneys goal famine, coventry citys, battys.

Was his actual quote not  "I am pleased to score, the famine, the drought, whatever people would call it is over, and am so pleased to be on the scoreboard."

under the bar

Who the feck has taken issue with this statement?    Wise up ffs.  Some Celtic fans, one or two of whom are on this board, are an embarrassment to Irish ppl.

nifan

According to one of the papers there is a celtic website where the members are up in arms.

People on a website getting mortally offended by something trivial - nobody on OWC or GAAboard will believe it!

saffron sam2

Quote from: nifan on October 24, 2008, 09:21:16 AM

Was his actual quote not  "I am pleased to score, the famine, the drought, whatever people would call it is over, and am so pleased to be on the scoreboard."

Seems that that was indeed what was said, according to to-day's IN. No-one could take any offence at that. Sorry, David.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

nifan

T Fearon

I only wish that those from a unionist perspective who are outraged by this (and these threats must indeed be condemned) had been similarly outraged when Neil Lennon received his death threats. To this day far too many on OWC still treat Neil with contempt and complain about all the publicity he gets (as if sectarian assaults should be swept under the carpet)

Apart from all of this, did any of you read my fecking article in the Celtic View? I'll be fcuked if I let David Healy or anyone else steal my thunder >:(

nifan

The threats lennon got where a disgrace tony. However your blaming all of us is like me blaming all celtic fans for any threat that healy might get.

T Fearon

Nifan, explain the difference between "all on OWC" or the actual words I used "far too many on OWC"

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 24, 2008, 09:30:38 AM
Quote from: nifan on October 24, 2008, 09:21:16 AM

Was his actual quote not  "I am pleased to score, the famine, the drought, whatever people would call it is over, and am so pleased to be on the scoreboard."

Seems that that was indeed what was said, according to to-day's IN. No-one could take any offence at that. Sorry, David.

Maybe some Ethiopians will take offence to the drought bit....Only in this country could someone take offence to that comment!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME