Kerry Katona - Drunk? High?

Started by ONeill, October 22, 2008, 04:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Keep your eye on the beautiful one Puck & nature will take its course ;)

orangeman

Presenter Phillip Schofield has denied Kerry Katona was "ambushed" during an interview on ITV1's This Morning which saw the ex-pop star slurring her words.

He said she was "obviously very, very angry with us" for asking about her health, but said it was not planned but prompted by her erratic behaviour.

She arrived so late that producers had no chance to chat to her, or assess her condition, he told BBC Radio 1.

But someone had been "irresponsible" to bring her in to the studio, he added.

Explaining the circumstances leading up to Wednesday's interview - in which Katona blamed prescription drugs for her slurred speech - Schofield said: "She arrived very late [and] didn't give anyone any time to sit down and talk to her.

"She came through to the studio, we kissed her on the cheek and the programme went on air, so at no point had we any idea what condition she might be in."

At no time were alcohol or drug issues going to be mentioned, because we've done that in the past. She ambushed herself by slurring her words

Phillip Schofield

He stressed there was "no way that our producer would have allowed that interview to go ahead, had we known the situation she'd found herself in that morning".

Schofield, who co-presents the daily morning show with Fern Britton, insisted: "The last thing I want to do is to witness a car crash in front of my eyes."

Katona had been taking Chlorpromazine, an anti-psychotic drug. She has previously battled drug addiction and depression, spending time in rehab for both.

'Upset'

Her husband, Mark Croft, later posted a statement online saying Katona's slurring had been "particularly bad" because she had taken her prescription drugs four hours late on Tuesday night.

"Kerry would like to categorically state for the record that that the only thing she drank before the show was cups of tea," he added.

Katona was promoting her MTV reality show, Whole Again
"Having answered the questions to the best of her ability, Kerry was upset at the insinuation that she was on anything other than the prescription drugs, which she has always been honest about taking."

Schofield said that after the interview, Katona "was obviously very, very angry with us and she got up and walked out of the studio with her husband".

"We didn't attempt to stop her because we knew that she was a very angry girl, and the last thing you want to do is to make that any worse on the studio floor - and we had other guests there, so you don't want a scene."

Reality series

She went to her dressing room with a film crew from MTV who have been following her around for her new reality series, Whole Again.

"They're going to get the footage of the aftermath, so I don't know what's on that tape and I don't know what she said," he told Radio 1 breakfast presenter Chris Moyles.

"As a production team, we're a bit sad this morning," he added.

"I know that she walked down the corridor and said that we'd ambushed her in the interview.

"At no time were alcohol or drug issues going to be mentioned, because we've done that in the past. She ambushed herself by slurring her words.

"It's a shame that she feels that way because unfortunately she set herself up, or she was set up by the person who brought her in."

tbrick18

Quote from: orangeman on October 23, 2008, 10:15:06 AM
Presenter Phillip Schofield has denied Kerry Katona was "ambushed" during an interview on ITV1's This Morning which saw the ex-pop star slurring her words.

He said she was "obviously very, very angry with us" for asking about her health, but said it was not planned but prompted by her erratic behaviour.

She arrived so late that producers had no chance to chat to her, or assess her condition, he told BBC Radio 1.

But someone had been "irresponsible" to bring her in to the studio, he added.

Explaining the circumstances leading up to Wednesday's interview - in which Katona blamed prescription drugs for her slurred speech - Schofield said: "She arrived very late [and] didn't give anyone any time to sit down and talk to her.

"She came through to the studio, we kissed her on the cheek and the programme went on air, so at no point had we any idea what condition she might be in."

At no time were alcohol or drug issues going to be mentioned, because we've done that in the past. She ambushed herself by slurring her words

Phillip Schofield

He stressed there was "no way that our producer would have allowed that interview to go ahead, had we known the situation she'd found herself in that morning".

Schofield, who co-presents the daily morning show with Fern Britton, insisted: "The last thing I want to do is to witness a car crash in front of my eyes."

Katona had been taking Chlorpromazine, an anti-psychotic drug. She has previously battled drug addiction and depression, spending time in rehab for both.

'Upset'

Her husband, Mark Croft, later posted a statement online saying Katona's slurring had been "particularly bad" because she had taken her prescription drugs four hours late on Tuesday night.

"Kerry would like to categorically state for the record that that the only thing she drank before the show was cups of tea," he added.

Katona was promoting her MTV reality show, Whole Again
"Having answered the questions to the best of her ability, Kerry was upset at the insinuation that she was on anything other than the prescription drugs, which she has always been honest about taking."

Schofield said that after the interview, Katona "was obviously very, very angry with us and she got up and walked out of the studio with her husband".

"We didn't attempt to stop her because we knew that she was a very angry girl, and the last thing you want to do is to make that any worse on the studio floor - and we had other guests there, so you don't want a scene."

Reality series

She went to her dressing room with a film crew from MTV who have been following her around for her new reality series, Whole Again.

"They're going to get the footage of the aftermath, so I don't know what's on that tape and I don't know what she said," he told Radio 1 breakfast presenter Chris Moyles.

"As a production team, we're a bit sad this morning," he added.

"I know that she walked down the corridor and said that we'd ambushed her in the interview.

"At no time were alcohol or drug issues going to be mentioned, because we've done that in the past. She ambushed herself by slurring her words.

"It's a shame that she feels that way because unfortunately she set herself up, or she was set up by the person who brought her in."

I have seen the effects of this drug first hand and it can make the user seem drunk...can cause staggering, slurred words, eyes to glaze over and even bruising. It is actually a tranquiliser and is designed to reduce activity of the brain. The worst of it is that the user doesnt always notice the effects themselves.

Tony Baloney

As has already been said, there is no such thing as bad publicity in her world. She almost exclusively makes a living out of selling stories to OK etc so this is perfect for her to "tell her side of the story". She's an oxygen thief but the people that lap up the stories in these rags are worse.

foxcommander

Could there be a reconciliation with Brian McFadden on the cards???

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/1006/732874-kerry-katona/

Line up in an orderly queue now lads to be hubby number 4.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

nrico2006

Complete wreck of a woman, unbelievable the way her personal life goes from disaster to disaster.

I also fail to remember a woman deteriorate so quickly from looking well (around 99/2000) to looking terrible by the time she hit her mid to late 20s.  The only other doll that springs to mind that nearly changed overnight was your doll Tomlinson from Sky Sports News.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gawa316

foxcommander

God no....not even before she got on the crazy train either...
That accent for starters would be enough to make you run a mile.

Puckoon

There is an adult video of KK out there...

5 Sams

Quote from: foxcommander on October 07, 2015, 05:11:38 PM
God no....not even before she got on the crazy train either...
That accent for starters would be enough to make you run a mile.

I'm sure you might be able to find a way from stopping her talking ;)
The Aristocrat Years

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

foxcommander

To be fair she does have a fairly large gob

JoG2

Quote from: laoislad on October 07, 2015, 09:25:48 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on October 07, 2015, 05:19:14 PM
There is an adult video of KK out there...
Rule 1.

curiosity got the better of me, went incognito on the phone's browser...nah, save your data !