Started by Zapatista, October 22, 2008, 01:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we have an election now?

Yes
No
Don't care

deiseach

Quote from: Gnevin on October 22, 2008, 03:57:46 PM
We need a don't know option as FF have made a balls of it but the opposition is so bad

So you get your 'don't know' option. Then what?

Gnevin

Quote from: deiseach on October 22, 2008, 03:59:07 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on October 22, 2008, 03:57:46 PM
We need a don't know option as FF have made a balls of it but the opposition is so bad

So you get your 'don't know' option. Then what?
I read the arguments for and against and make up my mind , you can change your vote on some polls .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

deiseach

Oooooh, you mean a 'don't know' on this poll. I thought you meant in general. Apologies.

Zapatista

Quote from: rosnarun on October 22, 2008, 03:11:54 PM
QuoteNow, whether the Greens should leave . . . that's another question
or make like a tree and stay

What People will be very slow to realise is the economic cuts hurt. and the biggest cuts have to come from where most money is spent .
and by far the major spendinf dept are health education and Scoail welfare so if you want to make any real savings it has to be done in these depts.
It may make you feel better if brian cowen's pay is cut 10% but the 25k or so that'll bring in isnt going to make much difference

It's also about value for money. The complete mis management of the state funds has been a direct result of FF. A stitch in time and all that. Cuts alone will not save enough unless we accept a third world health care system with people dieing on trolleys or an education system were our children are taught in huts with 32 to a class and one teacher ;) this would be outrageous ;)  we need to put proper spending and accountability in place. FF have failed at this. An election is the only way to bring accountability. The people can hold the Government to account and in turn the government must hold their offices to account. Right now we are facing the same old same old.

I think Donagh is right though but the good thing about the Irish is you can trust them to be Irish.

HHnb - other than here i'm not out calling for an election. This is only me messin' and itching for an auld bit of banter.

Zapatista

mylestheslasher

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 22, 2008, 01:56:44 PM
Zaptista, a poll in which you campaign heavily for one answer in the first post is bound to be somewhat unreliable.

And your claims that the lisbon treaty and the budget proves they are out of touch with the people is a bit rich too considering you have been claiming the same since long before the lisbon treaty, indeed since before the last election.

You want the government out, and have done for years, we get it.

Not getting into an argument over this as I have no intentions of defending the government, I dont think they have a defense here in fact. But it may as well be Enda Kenny starting this thread.

So people can't start a poll that they have an opinion on?

YES is the answer. Enda Kenny might not be much use, but a message has to be sent that says the people will not tolerate this wastlefullness and arrogance that we are witnessing on a daily basis. I might even break from my personal ban on voting FG just to get rid of this shower of clowns.

magpie seanie

Everyone wants an election except FG! Imagine having to take over this mess! They'd be screwed for generations.

Declan

Its not an election that's needed it's a revolution

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rosnarun on October 22, 2008, 03:11:54 PM
QuoteNow, whether the Greens should leave . . . that's another question
or make like a tree and stay

What People will be very slow to realise is the economic cuts hurt. and the biggest cuts have to come from where most money is spent .
and by far the major spendinf dept are health education and Scoail welfare so if you want to make any real savings it has to be done in these depts.
It may make you feel better if brian cowen's pay is cut 10% but the 25k or so that'll bring in isnt going to make much difference

When large companies (which is what government are) need to cut costs they do so by getting smarter, not by lazily cutting funding  to different functions and then producing poorer quality functions. Waste is cut, procedures refined the output is intended to stay the same. Why? Because the customer will not tolerate a poorer service, a poorer sevice loses you business. This is the approach the government needs to  take. It can be done but the problem is there is no will to do it. No one in there has the balls to take on the unions with their insane demands. Just set up a committee or a sub committee and accept no responsibility for anything. Are we saying that the people (the customer) will simply accept this?

The UK custs VAT to stimulate growth - which is what should be done (not how EC cuts interest rates for the same reasons), but our government raises VAT. They have not got a clue folks. Anyone can run a country that is going well and these boys are being shown up for what they are now that they have to provide some real leadership.The opposition is bad but can they be any worse than what we have now.

Zapatista

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 27, 2008, 09:25:14 AM
Everyone wants an election except FG! Imagine having to take over this mess! They'd be screwed for generations.

Complete Bullshit. It is this type of FF defence that sickens me. That is the type of argument we got from Ahern at the tribunals and Molloy on the radio. I couldn't care less nor could the people of Ireland care less if FF or FG get screwed. Changing the focus of the argument does no remove the argument. We are the ones being screwed and have been for years. This isn't about FF or FG or the Greens or any party. It is about accountability. I am sick seeing people spend hour upon hour upon day upon week on trolleys in hospitals while the are dieing! These bastards are raping the country for all they can get. f**king parasites!!!

Declan hit the nail on the head. It's about time people started getting angry.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Donagh on October 22, 2008, 02:22:18 PM
If there was an election tomorrow FF would be back in power by Friday afternoon as nobody trusts the 'others' to do a decent job.
Sadly, and unbelievably that's probably true.  Do some people still think that FF have done a decent job over the past 10-12 years? 
Personally I think a change would be a good thing, but I don't really think the opposition want it just yet, they'd prefer to wait until this time next year at the earliest I would imagine - not that the overall picture is likely to be improving by then, but at least they won't be blamed for making things worse, and as Peter Cunnah used to say, by that stage, "Things can only get better....."

magpie seanie

Quote from: Zapatista on November 27, 2008, 10:20:34 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 27, 2008, 09:25:14 AM

Complete Bullshit. It is this type of FF defence that sickens me. That is the type of argument we got from Ahern at the tribunals and Molloy on the radio. I couldn't care less nor could the people of Ireland care less if FF or FG get screwed. Changing the focus of the argument does no remove the argument. We are the ones being screwed and have been for years. This isn't about FF or FG or the Greens or any party. It is about accountability. I am sick seeing people spend hour upon hour upon day upon week on trolleys in hospitals while the are dieing! These b**tards are raping the country for all they can get. f**king parasites!!!

Declan hit the nail on the head. It's about time people started getting angry.

Cop on to f**k Zap. A FG mate of mine who was at their convention last weekend said this to me and I believe some FG councillor from Cork was saying the same. By all means have your rant but don't tell me my comments are bullshit when they are not.

Zapatista

They are. It is a complete diversion and is used to rally FF the Greens and indos to support of government while mislead FGers and Lab to fear of an election. It is a made up reason for FF to justify their continued lust to hold power. Buying time and muddying the water. FF have failed. They have had enough chances. We deserve better! It is not good enough to buy into anything other than a failed Government. A failed Government means an election.

The entire country is run by FF appointed cronies. It would only take FG&LAB one term to expose and change this. The longer FF stay in power the more their cronies will rape the country. They are embedded into the top Civil servant jobs. As it was FF who created these positions and appointed their Soilders of Dynasty they are in no position to hold them to account. ONe term with FG doing a complete washout of the FF mafia would bring Ireland back to a new start. We need this.

magpie seanie

I don't want this bad government to continue. Why do you think I'm defending FF? FF need to get out of power for the good of the country and probably themselves. I'm just saying its a poisoned chalice for FG to take over which undeniably it is. At this point though I'd much rather Richard Bruton in finance than Brian Lenihan (I have good time for Brian Lenihan but a Minister for Finance he is not). FF should be charged with dereliction of duty of the Health scandal (I refuse to call it a service despite the excellent work done by many of the staff employed by the HSE). Patriotic duty my arse.

Zapatista

If that is the case magpie then we need to stop listenening to the BS. The only thing FF have done well is make us believe FG aren't capable and don't want Government. Even FGers are believeing it. It is nonsense though. I really can't stand FG. In fact I hate them but the truth is that they are not stealing from me. They are not raping the people of Ireland. The only way we can stop FF continued abuse is to have an election and boot them out. The idea that FG do not want an election is millenium bug stuff. Someone said it might be the case and it snow balled.