Best way to deal with an annoying flatmate??

Started by downgirl, October 22, 2008, 12:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 22, 2009, 11:31:33 AM
Quote from: downgirl on January 22, 2009, 12:10:25 AM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 22, 2009, 12:05:38 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 21, 2009, 11:59:18 PM
Yous are all so cool and hip, maybe one of you should invite him to come stay with yous.  
See how long it lasts.

most of us are only messin with DG Pints, Although, i stayed with people like she describes during all my years in college..Then again in my case no-one in the house gave a f**k about the mess, Late Nights,loud music,Loud Moaning with the Women who stayed over  :P,None of us were really dedicated students, into the whole studying business(until the 2 or 3 days before the exams) or going into college before 1pm. I can see how someone who does study hard like Downgirl would have problems though.

The girls dont stay over.  They just come over and cook their dinner and don't clear up after themselves. 

He only does commerce so he doesn't have to study...or so he says anyway.  He had an exam there last week and he was delighted at getting 50% in it.... :o

In first year you only need 40% to pass, and it doesn't count towards your final degree mark, so i would have been delighted with 50%.

That depends on where you're at Nail.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 22, 2009, 11:45:24 AM
Yous are all so cool and hip, maybe one of you should invite him to come stay with yous.  
See how long it lasts.

most of us are only messin with DG Pints, Although, i stayed with people like she describes during all my years in college..Then again in my case no-one in the house gave a f**k about the mess, Late Nights,loud music,Loud Moaning with the Women who stayed over  :P,None of us were really dedicated students, into the whole studying business(until the 2 or 3 days before the exams) or going into college before 1pm. I can see how someone who does study hard like Downgirl would have problems though.

The girls dont stay over.  They just come over and cook their dinner and don't clear up after themselves. 

He only does commerce so he doesn't have to study...or so he says anyway.  He had an exam there last week and he was delighted at getting 50% in it.... :o

In first year you only need 40% to pass, and it doesn't count towards your final degree mark, so i would have been delighted with 50%.

Was the case with QUB and UUJ though for most courses, though I know he is not at those unis...

Still your first year is about getting through it, the knuckling down and doing proper work after...

SidelineKick

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 22, 2009, 11:49:01 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on January 22, 2009, 11:45:24 AM
See how long it lasts.

Was the case with QUB and UUJ though for most courses, though I know he is not at those unis...

Still your first year is about getting through it, the knuckling down and doing proper work after...

Or in your case your first 3 years.

Reported.

downgirl

We didn't ask to live with a fresher, he was put in with us.  Believe me I would not have chosen to be put in with a first year!

Sidelinekick please don't take offence I really did not mean it like that, I know everyone has to study no matter what course it is but he has said on numerous occassions how easy is course is and that he doesn't have to study for it.

Apologies for my comment about the 50%, I am thinking from a 3rd year prospective and at this stage I personally would be disappointed with myself.

If youse want me to delete the thread I will.

full back

Tell them all to fcuk off downgirl, you can say what you want here......

SidelineKick

Aee now downgirl you can sure make a man feel bad!

Don't be silly asking if we want it deleted, this is the type of stuff we want on here, it creates the banter.  My opinion as it stands now:

1) If a fresher was put in with you, you have the right to be very cross, my apologies on that.
2) Your 50% comment was maybe a comment made in anger, to be honest I wouldn't have been happy with 50% across the board but 1st and 2nd year and that particular exam in final year 50% was a very pleasing result.
3) Can you not request him to be moved?
4) Full back is an awful w**ker.

Reported.

lfdown2

Quote from: downgirl on January 22, 2009, 12:21:40 PM
We didn't ask to live with a fresher, he was put in with us.  Believe me I would not have chosen to be put in with a first year!

Sidelinekick please don't take offence I really did not mean it like that, I know everyone has to study no matter what course it is but he has said on numerous occassions how easy is course is and that he doesn't have to study for it.

Apologies for my comment about the 50%, I am thinking from a 3rd year prospective and at this stage I personally would be disappointed with myself.

If youse want me to delete the thread I will.

aye, cheers

full back

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 22, 2009, 12:26:59 PM
Aee now downgirl you can sure make a man feel bad!

Don't be silly asking if we want it deleted, this is the type of stuff we want on here, it creates the banter.  My opinion as it stands now:

1) If a fresher was put in with you, you have the right to be very cross, my apologies on that.
2) Your 50% comment was maybe a comment made in anger, to be honest I wouldn't have been happy with 50% across the board but 1st and 2nd year and that particular exam in final year 50% was a very pleasing result.
3) Can you not request him to be moved?
4) Full back is an awful w**ker.

Fcuk me, you are like the wee man from Oliver that is begging........

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 22, 2009, 11:04:59 AM
Agree with you sidelinekick, but im giving her the benefit of doubt for now though..bad move having a fresher about the place, asking for trouble.

Unless that fresher is a 6ft blonde with a big set of........
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

SidelineKick

....cutlery? Always difficult to know if you buy your own or get the landlord to provide it.  Good thinking Pat.

Reported.

downgirl

I don't think we can get him moved because I don't think there are any free rooms.  We initially had a 3rd year girl living with us but she moved out after a week...I promise we didn't do/say anything to her!  So then he got moved in with us.

BTW pass mark at all years here is 40% ONL

And a 2.1 is great SK that's what I'd need cus I want to do a postgrad so that's why I need to study  :D

ziggysego

Ah for goodness sake people, would you lay off downgirl!!

She is in the middle of some very important exams and needs to study hard for them. It can't be easy when you have something like that nusiance in the background, making things unnecessarily more difficult for her. True, the choice of words that downgirl used might not have been the best, but some of you are grabbing them words and twisting them to your own needs just to have a "laugh" and a "dig" at her. She's a geninue young girl and I can bet some of the comments thrown her way last night and this morning have truly hurt her.

I too know what it is like, living with a fella at college that didn't pull his weight and was a nuisance. Believe me, it was no fun. So I can symphasis with downgirl. Some of you should take a good long hard look at yourselves before you start casting judgement onto others.
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

Ziggy I was going to leave it, but now after we beat greencastle in the Ulster league I'm going to gloat about it  :o

As for Downgirl she knows she's getting wound up, she needn't worry about most of our opinions, I normally don't make much sense anyway.

Reported.

ziggysego

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 22, 2009, 02:55:24 PM
Ziggy I was going to leave it, but now after we beat greencastle in the Ulster league I'm going to gloat about it  :o

You sir are a prize c**k...  :D
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

Quote from: ziggysego on January 22, 2009, 02:56:11 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on January 22, 2009, 02:55:24 PM

You sir are a prize c**k...  :D

:D Thanks Ziggy.  You will be in attendance I presume?

Reported.