Best way to deal with an annoying flatmate??

Started by downgirl, October 22, 2008, 12:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downgirl

Hardstation I just meant if it was me, I wouldn't be happy with 50%

T O Hare

Quote from: downgirl on January 22, 2009, 12:10:25 AM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 22, 2009, 12:05:38 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 21, 2009, 11:59:18 PM
Yous are all so cool and hip, maybe one of you should invite him to come stay with yous.  
See how long it lasts.

most of us are only messin with DG Pints, Although, i stayed with people like she describes during all my years in college..Then again in my case no-one in the house gave a f**k about the mess, Late Nights,loud music,Loud Moaning with the Women who stayed over  :P,None of us were really dedicated students, into the whole studying business(until the 2 or 3 days before the exams) or going into college before 1pm. I can see how someone who does study hard like Downgirl would have problems though.

The girls dont stay over.  They just come over and cook their dinner and don't clear up after themselves. 

He only does commerce so he doesn't have to study...or so he says anyway.  He had an exam there last week and he was delighted at getting 50% in it.... :o

50 % in your first year xmas exam after drinking the bit out, partying, and shagging bimbos!!!! This guy seems to be a ross o'carroll kelly!!!! LEG-end!!! Down girl -your really over-reacting, He dos nt seem that bad, i would have loved to seen you in the holylands, imagine him taking a load of fellas home after a day rip in shaws for a carry out of fish and chips and buckfast  :D ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

downgirl

And here's me worried about getting a good degree.  Thought that was the whole point of college.  Silly me!

lfdown2

Yous are all so cool and hip, maybe one of you should invite him to come stay with yous.  
See how long it lasts.

most of us are only messin with DG Pints, Although, i stayed with people like she describes during all my years in college..Then again in my case no-one in the house gave a f**k about the mess, Late Nights,loud music,Loud Moaning with the Women who stayed over  :P,None of us were really dedicated students, into the whole studying business(until the 2 or 3 days before the exams) or going into college before 1pm. I can see how someone who does study hard like Downgirl would have problems though.

The girls dont stay over.  They just come over and cook their dinner and don't clear up after themselves. 

He only does commerce so he doesn't have to study...or so he says anyway.  He had an exam there last week and he was delighted at getting 50% in it.... :o

catch a fukin grip, we all 'only' do what we do, but i sure as hell dont think im any better than anyone else!!

not the best way to win sympathy....

SidelineKick

What a condescending sentence.  You should maybe consider that you are the one that isn't that easy to get along with.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

thebandit

50% to some equals glass half empty, 50% to others equals glass half full!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 22, 2009, 09:46:30 AM

What a condescending sentence.  You should maybe consider that you are the one that isn't that easy to get along with.

Not everyone loves the rip, some people actually do go to Uni to work hard and do well on their course.

I also think that some have misinterpreted that first sentence, I think the lad himself said "i only do commerce blah blah don't have to study..."

He seems to be daddy's wee funboy anyway.

the colonel

the difference between success and failure is energy

SidelineKick

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 22, 2009, 10:32:13 AM

Not everyone loves the rip, some people actually do go to Uni to work hard and do well on their course.

I also think that some have misinterpreted that first sentence, I think the lad himself said "i only do commerce blah blah don't have to study..."

Personally I wouldnt want to live with either, moaning and bitching from one and afraid of getting stabbed in the ass by the other.

I don't think thats the context in which she meant it, it seems to me she thinks his course is very much a lesser one than hers.

Not everybody loves the rip, thats very true but then again not everybody likes to have their head stuck in a book all the time, there needs to be a bit of give and take.  Being delighted at getting 50%, I was delighted with exactly that mark in one of my finals, I don't see her point.

Reported.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 22, 2009, 10:45:13 AM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 22, 2009, 10:32:13 AM

Personally I wouldnt want to live with either, moaning and bitching from one and afraid of getting stabbed in the ass by the other.

I don't think thats the context in which she meant it, it seems to me she thinks his course is very much a lesser one than hers.

Not everybody loves the rip, thats very true but then again not everybody likes to have their head stuck in a book all the time, there needs to be a bit of give and take.  Being delighted at getting 50%, I was delighted with exactly that mark in one of my finals, I don't see her point.

DOn't get me wrong, me & the rip go way back, but having your head stuck in a book doesn't infringe on other people, the rip does. I can see where downgirl is coming from, she wants to do well but has to shack up with that zuke, isn't thon lad a fresher?

50% in your finals is different from 50% in your first year exams. (i would jump at both tbh) If she indeed mean it in that context then thats poor form indeed from her.

SidelineKick

Can see what you mean about infringing on others, studying doesnt annoy anyone.  She should have seen this coming, living with a Fresher? What did she expect!  If he is making no effort to tone it down a bit then he's acting the w**k.

I just hope she didn't mean those things the way they appear because it makes he out to look bad. 50% is 50%, maybe she has higher standards but thats no reason to knock others ability.

Reported.

full back

Being delighted at getting 50%, I was delighted with exactly that mark in one of my finals, I don't see her point.

Thats because you are thick as fcuk sk  :D  ;)

fitzroyalty

Agree with you sidelinekick, but im giving her the benefit of doubt for now though..bad move having a fresher about the place, asking for trouble.

SidelineKick

Quote from: full back on January 22, 2009, 11:02:14 AM
Being delighted at getting 50%, I was delighted with exactly that mark in one of my finals, I don't see her point.

Thats because you are thick as fcuk sk  :D  ;)

f**k you FB, i have a lovely 2.1 to my name, that was my lowest mark.  You're always trying to put me down.

:D

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 22, 2009, 11:04:59 AM
Agree with you sidelinekick, but im giving her the benefit of doubt for now though..bad move having a fresher about the place, asking for trouble.

I'll keep the distance to see what she has to say for herself then make my decision, perhaps she's just stressed around exam time.

Exams never phased me, loved them in fact. hated coursework.

Reported.

Our Nail Loney

See how long it lasts.

In first year you only need 40% to pass, and it doesn't count towards your final degree mark, so i would have been delighted with 50%.