Dinny Breen

Any of you guys from Westport?
#newbridgeornowhere

the Deel Rover

can't seem to recall any of the mayo posters coming from westport Dinny
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Dinny Breen

Was just wondering is the Atlantic Coast Hotel a good wedding venue?
#newbridgeornowhere

heineken_on_tap

I was never at a wedding there dinny but stayed there a few times. Great hotel overall and I would recommend it alright, i think its a 4 star. I'd imagine it would be a grand spot for a wedding.

the Deel Rover

Never been there for a wedding myself either Dinny most of the weddings i have been to have been at the castlecourt just looked on the website for the Atlantic coast and it looks impressive . It must be a new hotel ? 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

An Fear Rua

Westport woods insnt bad for a wedding, and there are a load of cheaper B&Bs across the road.
Its Grim up North

muppet

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 21, 2008, 09:57:28 AM
Any of you guys from Westport?

Is there something you would like to tell us?
MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

No it's been around a few years, stayed there myself and loved the location just wondering what it was like as a wedding venue (not for me btw muppet).
#newbridgeornowhere

Lar Naparka

I never been there for a wedding but I have gone four or five times; for the likes of confirmations and meeting up with American relations who were touring the west and so on.. From all accounts it is a top class place.
I also know people who went to a wedding reception there as well and all told me they were impressed.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Tubberman

Most local weddings seem to go for The Castlecourt or Knockranny.
I've never been in The Atlantic Coast so can't say how it measures up against the other two, but just thought you might be interested to see where the Mayo follk go!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Dinny Breen

QuoteI've never been in The Atlantic Coast so can't say how it measures up against the other two, but just thought you might be interested to see where the Mayo follk go!

Interesting but I think that's because Mayo wedding's are ratehr big affairs, this wedding would only be for 150/160 guests
#newbridgeornowhere

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 21, 2008, 12:13:23 PM
QuoteI've never been in The Atlantic Coast so can't say how it measures up against the other two, but just thought you might be interested to see where the Mayo follk go!

Interesting but I think that's because Mayo wedding's are ratehr big affairs, this wedding would only be for 150/160 guests

Thats right, need big carparks for the Caravans!  :D
Tbc....

muppet

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 21, 2008, 01:25:36 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 21, 2008, 12:13:23 PM

Thats right, need big carparks for the Caravans!  :D

That would be weedings not weddings.  ;D
MWWSI 2017