How many points have you got?

Started by milltown row, October 17, 2008, 06:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

having just gained my first points, Driving i'm talking about. i was wondering how many points have the posters on here had, and how ya get them?

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

We dont have a point system here, but if we did, Id have three. Running a red light.

ExiledGael

milltown row

speeding and using phone >:( going to jail

lesson learnt though and i'm like a 70 year old driver plus hands free kit. i've learnt to leave ten minutes early and if i'm late, fcuk it

Louth Exile

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 17, 2008, 06:58:52 PM

Is that all?? and you a man in a van  :D

Touching wood big time, still on 0. Overtook an unmarked cop car one evening between Nobber and Navan and they didn't stop me until I went through Wilkinstown a bit too fast! I put down the window and got out the licence ready to take my first two. By being civil and contrite I got off with a warning  ;D Driving a volvo with kiddie seats in the back makes a difference I think.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

lurganblue

zero for me too.
i tend to slightly over the speed limit so its probably only a matter of time.
just got a car with cruise control. this has been brilliant a preventing my foot from becoming heavy on the M1

Main Street

0 point 0 tickets in 25 years driving. Some good fortune with drivers returning consideration, presumably the same that I have offered to other drivers.

I got stopped once for speeding on the way to the airport. The cop who pulled me over starts lecturing me about speeding with my kids in the back seat. I was thinking how dare you, you greasy pimply faced acne fecker  (a summertime cop from law school) lecture me. I was just on the verge of not being able to take this crap anymore and tell him to give me the ticket and shut up, when he asked me why I was doing 111km in a 90km zone. Again I was struck dumb. He was asking me why I was speeding and I just wasn't into giving any excuses. Nor was i going to say sorry to that fecker. In the silence, the wife  couldn't restrain herself anymore and was just about to give some excuse about being late for the plane but I stopped her before she could start.
Still the summertime cop kept asking me why was I speeding, it must have been about 6 times altogether, then I turned to him and said 'I didn't notice, the car was ....  so quiet'. He understood, changed tact and said drive off .. carefully.

I was a bit puzzled, i had kept my mouth shut all the time, didn't say sorry or offer an excuse and let on that I didn't even notice his existence and all he wanted at the end was an explanation for it to be alright to let me off without a ticket.

ONeill

0 in 12 years but probably only matter of time. Fairly bate up the Glen Rd/Antrim Rd/Springfield Rd in 30mph areas so wouldn't be surprised. Funnily, the 2 and a half year old children say 'careful Daddy' when they see me speeding slightly so it's one heluva wake-up call.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

the green man

I once got three points going at 35mph through Knockloughrim. They told me to pull into the next road on the right and wait for them. I pulled in and there was a queue about 20 long. I thought they were giving out collarettes

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

the green man

Quote from: hardstation on October 17, 2008, 09:06:04 PM
Knockcloughrim is a funny place, from what I've read on the board.

This thread sounds like recent Irish Eurovision entrants.

:D Very good HS. Very good!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: hardstation on October 17, 2008, 09:06:04 PM

This thread sounds like recent Irish Eurovision entrants.

Could also be the Official Tottenham Hotspur FC thread
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

Quote from: the green man on October 17, 2008, 09:03:58 PM
I once got three points going at 35mph through Knockloughrim. They told me to pull into the next road on the right and wait for them. I pulled in and there was a queue about 20 long. I thought they were giving out collarettes

Jays Knockloughrim, don't talk. Savage, savage women. Sort of blades that get a kick out of seeing you bleed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.