How many points have you got?

Started by milltown row, October 17, 2008, 06:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the green man

Quote from: ONeill on October 17, 2008, 09:24:33 PM
Quote from: the green man on October 17, 2008, 09:03:58 PM
I once got three points going at 35mph through Knockloughrim. They told me to pull into the next road on the right and wait for them. I pulled in and there was a queue about 20 long. I thought they were giving out collarettes

Jays Knockloughrim, don't talk. Savage, savage women. Sort of blades that get a kick out of seeing you bleed.

Lavey women, you see

ONeill

Tackled a cailin from there in the Glenavon. Next morning I woke up with the shirt shredded like thon fella Banner. All I did was curt her for a minute.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

the green man

Quote from: ONeill on October 17, 2008, 09:29:31 PM
Tackled a cailin from there in the Glenavon. Next morning I woke up with the shirt shredded like thon fella Banner. All I did was curt her for a minute.

Thank your lucky stars thats all you got. She could have tin ye to the Fireside.

Tony Baloney

None.

Had a few near things though. Caught with no seatbelt speeding in a 30 in Armagh on my way to replace 2 bald tyres! Played dumb and was ever so apologetic so just got a tick.

Thought I was for the high jump a few years ago when I managed to write off my car and that of the Headmaster of Methody! I went into autopilot turning right from Lower Ormeau onto Donegall Pass and followed the car in front on the green light. Problem being the filter light wasn't on and the traffic was still coming the other way!
The wife was in the car too and 5 months pregnant with the first so you can imagine I wasn't feeling too clever. Got hauled into the station on The Pass for a statement a few days later and the peeler in charge couldn't have been any nicer and even prompted me to say the right things when the statement was being documented. Basically said I was a bumpkin from Armagh and didn't understand the intricacies of fancy city lights! He wasn't to know I lived on the Ormeau Road for about 4 years as a student!

Donagh

Got three speeding towards the Armagh-Tyrone semi in '05. Wasn't I the fool...

Shamrock Shore

gerry

feck me i am the winner so far with nine.  whats the prize?
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Hereiam

Have 9 myself.... need to watch myself now till next April.  :(

dodo

We set beet there last year at home and sort of made a balls of the whole thing, we harvested and stored them for a while in a shed on an out farm and then went to deliver them to the highest bidder. Loaded up on the old rickety trailer behind the old reliable Massey 165 (untaxed etc etc etc) and hit the high road..........all was going grand till I hit the first crossroads, slowed down, looked left and right and stuck her into third......out comes the local boy racer and I jump the brakes, side board breaks on trailer and sugarbeet jackknifed alll over the crossroads. Boy racer is gone for his life as he knows the scéal and I'm thick as a constapated sh1t.......SHEEP.......buckin Gods gift to wanton random acts of stupidity and activity when all is going belly up appear from nowhere.
One of the first cars that appears is a squad, young buck throwing shapes and saying I'll have the book, where's the tax disc ? what was I thinking ? this is the 21st century blah blah blah........ steam blowing from my nostrils as the pressure builds up. PC Dirty Harry calls for assistance and along comes the seargent. "Ara Dodo, sharing the sweetness I see", I grimace a strained smile as they all laugh. Road and sheep cleared amid great embarrassment........PC Dirty Harry called me over at the end to tell me the points on offer only to be told to let me off by the seargent with another "sure we'll keep him sweet".

0 points

The Watcher Pat

No points for me either...Havent been caught driving using my laptop yet!

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Lar Naparka

Quote from: hardstation on October 17, 2008, 09:06:04 PM
Knockcloughrim is a funny place, from what I've read on the board.

This thread sounds like recent Irish Eurovision entrants.
I like that. :D
Thankfully, I'm still a Dustin.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Croí na hÉireann

0, woman has 2, comes in handy when she's quering the speed...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

thewobbler

I've got 3.

I defy anyone doing the daily commute from Newry to Belfast not to have points.

There 6 sets of temporary 40mph zones on the way, and 5 of those are on dual carriageways. The PSNI are on at least one of 'em morning and evening. It's a fookin disgrace if you ask me. I'm on my way to work before the roadworkers have their morning tea, and when I'm on my way home they've long tucked into their dinners. There's no excuse for a 40mph limit to imposed on these areas when no construction workers are about.

milltown row