TV3 9pm Tonight Italia '90 revisited

Started by The Real Laoislad, October 16, 2008, 08:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

This should bring back some great memories and might just cheer us all up for an hour or so at least  :)

Timofte against Bonner.......................
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Packie rightly gets a lot of praise for his part but David O'Leary showed a big pair of bollox to fulfil his part of the bargain. He wouldn't have been my banker in a penalty shoot out!

ONeill

Must've been the worst team to reach a World Cup quarters. Don't think they actually won a game!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

milltown row

great craic when they came home from Italy, we, like everone else thought it would be a good idea to head down and see them getting off the plane.

cars had been draped in the colours and when we got to newry all the mad Armagh ones linked up. chainsaws hanging out of cars, flags were ripped off Council buildings. stopped about a two mile back from the road to the airport.

funny story was that we'd waited for them for about two hours. the two bros were real hungry and wanted to go back to the car for food. by the time they came back they saw the back of the bus and missed everything ;D ;D  

Puckoon

when you were only 9 years old it mattered not how they played. It was just great excitement, especially bonners save. Pity he pushed donadonis shot into toto's path or we could have been the worst team in a semi final!

The Real Laoislad

My abiding memory is actually Niall Quinn's equaliser v the Dutch
You'll Never Walk Alone.

imtommygunn

Who were the 3 group games? Egypt, England and Holland is that right? Were no games won right enough?

ONeill

1-1 v England and Holland
0-0 v Egypt and Romania
0-1 v Italy.

Never led a game. Scored 2 goals. Schillachi broke hearts.

magickingdom

some great memories there, love to see big jack on the box

Fun Bobby

Hi all,
long time lurker, time to join in the fun
For me big Jack always made soccer look simple, no fannying about

pintsofguinness

I was wondering when  the friends fan was going to make a post.
welcome
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Fun Bobby

;D
I fecking loved Italia 90, had the white ireland top, always a hit with the ladies at the disco

ONeill

Great programme. Some fine unheard of before stories. Gullit/McCarthy, Aldridge/Hagi. Jack/Pope.

Donagh

Great show!

Any truth in the story about Mandela landing at Dublin airport a few hours before the team and the chant of "Ooh Aah, Paul McGrath's da"?