Cross Border Fuel Prices

Started by FermGael, October 16, 2008, 12:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Are fuel prices down much in Ireland now?
In America they dropped by about 45% in the past 6 weeks.
I know its still a lot cheaper than Ireland but dropping from $4 per gallon to $2.10 per gallon is a significant difference.
I just wanted to see if it was the case at home.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

el_cuervo_fc

Sainsburys in Craigavon had petrol today at 94.9p and diesel at 106.9p

ExiledGael

Noticed diesel at 109.9 in Clones at the weekend, 104.9 if you got a car wash. Euro that is obviously, best I've seen around the north and north west.

TacadoirArdMhacha

93p at Discount fuels between Sprucefield and Banbridge. Be interesting to see what the price of petrol was the last time Oil was as cheap as it is now.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

FL/MAYO

$2.33 a Gallon here at the moment, down from over$4 during the summer. It will be under $2 by Christmas I think.

nrico2006

Craigavon Sainsburys has been sitting at 94.9 for a few weeks now.  In Lurgan down past Davitt Park there is a little garage (doubt the petrol would be good) that is always cheaper than the rest - its 93 at the minute and its also 93 on the Portadown Road garage which is the opposite side of the road than McDonalds.

If you can go to Tescos and get petrol it was only 91.9 p a few weeks ago as they were giving 5p off a litre once you got groceries etc from the store.  Nearest Tesco garage around here is Banbridge.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

illdecide

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 11, 2008, 09:01:33 AM
Craigavon Sainsburys has been sitting at 94.9 for a few weeks now.  In Lurgan down past Davitt Park there is a little garage (doubt the petrol would be good) that is always cheaper than the rest - its 93 at the minute and its also 93 on the Portadown Road garage which is the opposite side of the road than McDonalds.

If you can go to Tescos and get petrol it was only 91.9 p a few weeks ago as they were giving 5p off a litre once you got groceries etc from the store.  Nearest Tesco garage around here is Banbridge.

that would be Rico's garage in Francis street. Dodgy south Armagh fuel alright... ;) :D them being from Crossmaglen
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

clarshack

£1.20 - price of unleaded at silverstream in coalisland this week.

the current oil price of about $80 a barrel is far below the $147-a-barrel high seen in the summer of 2008, the last time petrol prices neared £1.20 a litre.

dont get then why its so dear? is it simply a case of the petrol companies being greedy b*stards?

orangeman

Quote from: clarshack on March 18, 2010, 11:00:39 AM

the current oil price of about $80 a barrel is far below the $147-a-barrel high seen in the summer of 2008, the last time petrol prices neared £1.20 a litre.

dont get then why its so dear? is it simply a case of the petrol companies being greedy b*stards?

They're blaiming on the strength of the $.

Last year it was China's fault.

bingobus

Quote from: clarshack on March 18, 2010, 11:00:39 AM

Its excuse after excuse and is as predicted that once its gets high they'll not drop it back. I'm sure the profits will still be in the billions for the current quarters. The sooner some genius invents a wind/solar/water/whatever powered car the better.

Looking at prices in UK at weekend as well, it will soon be the case that its cheaper up north again.

under the bar

I get my diesel up at Clarkes wholesalers up at Nutts corner.  It's still 95p a litre.   It's legit as well cos the weights & measures guys were there testing a few weeks back when I called.