Cross Border Fuel Prices

Started by FermGael, October 16, 2008, 12:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Was probably £1.09. Head's not good today. I'll confirm the correct price at 2pm.
Testing Accessibility

Hoof Hearted

petol £97.9
diesel "1.08.9

GO Service Station Cookstown. Handy as fcuk, does what it says on the tin. Fill up and GO
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on October 16, 2008, 12:57:24 PM
Ziggy, you're away clean man, no chance is it £1.99

It's 113.9 at my local garage.

It probably meant 0.99 but the station have a 1 instead of a 0.....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

downgirl

Petrol is below £1!!!  Excellent!!!  Haven't checked the prices down here last time I fill up it was about €1.24 but that was a few weeks ago...dreading to think what it's going to be in a few weeks time

armaghniac

Quotedreading to think what it's going to be in a few weeks time

Less, I presume. Oil has gone down quite a bit.

When this budget thing settles petrol will still be cheaper in the South, comparing like with like, but the gap won't make it worth travelling a long distance specially to fill up.

The UK chancellor is likely to stick on a few pence as oil prices drop, so this may be temporary equalisation, likewise with wine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rootthemout

thought  it was  just petrol in the budget that went up,does it also apply to diesel the raise?

under the bar

Smugglin fags and chinese people are the new rackets  to replace deezil in South Armagh apprently.

Tony Baloney

Candyman any idea how much is in it between Mackles and places round Armagh? I'm about five miles from Mackles and seven from Armagh so I assume it will still be worth my while hitting the border?!

FermGael

Quote from: armaghniac on October 16, 2008, 01:27:47 PM

Less, I presume. Oil has gone down quite a bit.

When this budget thing settles petrol will still be cheaper in the South, comparing like with like, but the gap won't make it worth travelling a long distance specially to fill up.

The UK chancellor is likely to stick on a few pence as oil prices drop, so this may be temporary equalisation, likewise with wine.

What about the difference in Diesel?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Candyman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 16, 2008, 03:07:18 PM
Candyman any idea how much is in it between Mackles and places round Armagh? I'm about five miles from Mackles and seven from Armagh so I assume it will still be worth my while hitting the border?!

Yeah Tony I'd say its always going to be cheaper to hit Mackle's.....
I was informed at lunch that the 6cent tax has only been imposed on petrol?? This means there could still be a saving on diesel if I fill up at the border???

BenDover

Heard that myself Candyman - happy days if it is! With the price of oil going down the diesel will continue to follow suit

The Iceman

Quote from: Candyman on October 16, 2008, 12:49:45 PM
Ah the college doughnuts.... 1 chocolate, 1 jam!!! HAPPY DAYS!!!  ;D

you went to the college candyman? or did someone smuggle them out to you?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Candyman

I was areal Candyman in the college, ask Ma White!!!  :D

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Hank Everlast on October 16, 2008, 01:00:10 PM
That has to have been a mistake ziggy, must have ment £1.19, it was £1.10.9 in sainsburys this morning!

Is this £1.10s.9d ie £1.53?  ;)
"Stercus accidit"