UTV Less

Started by An Fear Rua, October 15, 2008, 01:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Hope Logie doesn't go, I like him.

Jeanie Johnson.... she creeps me out.
Testing Accessibility

full back

From a GAA point of view would it matter if Logie went?

He didnt stand up to his paymasters & look what happens him?

An Fear Rua

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 16, 2008, 12:29:41 PM

a UTV insider said both could still negotiate to remain within the company in different editorial positions.

50% pay cut was the offer I believe
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Quote from: full back on October 16, 2008, 12:34:26 PM

Of course the GAA coverage was so much better in UTV before he started wasnt it..?
Its Grim up North

Down Gael

Quote from: An Fear Rua on October 16, 2008, 12:46:16 PM
Quote from: full back on October 16, 2008, 12:34:26 PM

Of course the GAA coverage was so much better in UTV before he started wasnt it..?

Well he hasnt really improved the coverage now has he? You would assume in his role as sports editior he would have some say in what gets broadcast and what doesnt, or is he just a token taig?
He is being offered a years salary to go. I would take it, he will probably be as much use on the dole as he is in UTV.

T O Hare

Logie tried in UTV, he had live championship games in the 90's and then he had  "end to end"!!! but at the end of the day the local soccer, Ulster pathetic Rubgy team and Lisnagarveys exploits in the senior cup in front of 13 spectators will always get precidence!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Doogie Browser

Very easy to blame Logie for UTV's GAA output and IMO totally wrong to do so.  He has championed GAA for a very long time and long before it was fashionable on 6 counties TV.
His paymasters always had the final say, if he was so powerful there we wouldn't even be having this discussion now.

An Fear Rua

There was f**k all GAA on utv when he started there in 1985, he broke much new ground at that station, and not just on screen.
Its Grim up North

The GAA

Is he not head of sport or similar?

An Fear Rua

Quote from: The GAA on October 16, 2008, 02:18:27 PM

Is he not head of sport or similar?

Sport Editor/head of Sport
Its Grim up North

Down Gael

Quote from: An Fear Rua on October 16, 2008, 02:16:36 PM
There was f**k all GAA on utv when he started there in 1985, he broke much new ground at that station, and not just on screen.

There is f**k all GAA on UTV now.

milltown row

i posted ages ago about the notion of having a Gaa programme, surely the internet boffins out there could generate a weekly sports programme with local reports and coverage of the local game. sponsorship is the key but if backed by the Gaa headquarters and other money men within the sport it would get the viewers.